SM 2.49.1 Easy Way to Remove Duplicate email?

Hi:

The mail program hangs up requiring shut down and restarting.  After doing this it's common that all emails appear
twice.  Is there an easy way to remove the duplicates?

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com

Brooke
1/12/2018 12:39:40 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12784 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 1/11/2018 at 7:39 PM, Brooke Clarke created this epitome of digital
genius:
> Hi:
>
> The mail program hangs up requiring shut down and restarting.  After
> doing this it's common that all emails appear twice.  Is there an easy
> way to remove the duplicates?

Try right-click folder - Properties - Repair folder.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/
On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 7:40:15 PM UTC-5, Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi:
>=20
> The mail program hangs up requiring shut down and restarting.=C2=A0 After=
 doing this it's common that all emails appear=20
> twice.=C2=A0 Is there an easy way to remove the duplicates?
>=20
> --=20
> Have Fun,
>=20
> Brooke Clarke
> http://www.PRC68.com
> http://www.end2partygovernment.com/2012Issues.html

I feel your pain!!

I have been trying ways to delete duplicate emails for over a month. NOTHIN=
G WORKS! Every single SeaMonkey and/or Thunderbird add-on crashes or at the=
 very least locks up - even if I first run the add-on through the Extension=
 Converter before install! The most I got so far, is the add-on to install =
but not work.
0
James
1/12/2018 4:49:42 PM
Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi:
>
> The mail program hangs up requiring shut down and restarting.  After doing this it's
> common that all emails appear twice.  Is there an easy way to remove the duplicates?

Do you use IMAP?
I wonder if using POP3 would help since the mail is deleted from the server after
downloading.  Or that might not be related to your problem at all.

0
Paul