Sluggish Data Manager and Stored Passwords Manager since SM 2.46 upgrade

I have noticed that after clicking on either Tools->Data Manager or
Tools->Password Manager->Manage Stored Passwords and clicking in the
search domains box, the title bar then displays SeaMonkey (not
responding) for about 30 seconds before I can continue. I think this
started when I upgraded from SM 2.40 to SM 2.46. I don't recall ever
having this problem with an earlier version.

John
--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.
0
notme
7/14/2017 2:52:38 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12425 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 7/14/2017 7:52 AM, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
> I have noticed that after clicking on either Tools->Data Manager or
> Tools->Password Manager->Manage Stored Passwords and clicking in the
> search domains box, the title bar then displays SeaMonkey (not
> responding) for about 30 seconds before I can continue. I think this
> started when I upgraded from SM 2.40 to SM 2.46. I don't recall ever
> having this problem with an earlier version.
>
> John

Windows 7
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101
	SeaMonkey/2.46

I do not see this problem.  Launching Data Manager and Password Manager
seem instantaneous for me.

A slowdown might be caused by having a really huge number of some form
of managed data: cookies, preferences, passwords, etc.  If this is true,
then a delay in launching Password Manager might have nothing to do with
the number of passwords since requesting Password Manager launches the
Data Manager.

--
David Ross

<http://www.rossde.com/>
President Trump now denies there are any tapes that
recorded his conversations with ex-FBI Director Comey.
Between when Trump hinted there might be such tapes
and his denial, there was sufficient time to destroy
any tapes.
0
David
7/14/2017 3:04:45 PM
 From the 2.48b1 release notes. I should have updated the 2.46 ones too:

If you experience a hang and/or get a message box that a script is busy when
opening the Data Manager try deleting the webappsstore.* files from your
profile folder when SeaMonkey is not running. These contain data stored by web
sites and will be recreated during the next start. If you are unsure if the
information is needed please back them up before deleting them. The problem is
tracked in bug 1305624 but so far no coding error has been found.

notme@nonospam.org wrote:
> I have noticed that after clicking on either Tools->Data Manager or
> Tools->Password Manager->Manage Stored Passwords and clicking in the search
> domains box, the title bar then displays SeaMonkey (not responding) for about
> 30 seconds before I can continue. I think this started when I upgraded from SM
> 2.40 to SM 2.46. I don't recall ever having this problem with an earlier version.
>
> John

0
Frank