Sites Ask To Upgrade Browser

I'm getting a lot more messages on web sites than I used to to upgrade
my browser. My general.useragent.override string is: Mozilla/5.0
(Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0

Can I change this so I get less nags to upgrade?
0
Thomas
11/5/2019 11:04:51 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13275 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Thomas Pamin a tapoté le 05/11/2019 12:04:
> I'm getting a lot more messages on web sites than I used to to upgrade
> my browser. My general.useragent.override string is: Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
>
> Can I change this so I get less nags to upgrade?

With Seamonkey 2.53, I have very little troubles, you can update 59->60.

--
Stéphane
Sorry for possible mistakes in English!
On 11/5/2019 3:04 AM, Thomas Pamin wrote:
> I'm getting a lot more messages on web sites than I used to to upgrade
> my browser. My general.useragent.override string is: Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
>
> Can I change this so I get less nags to upgrade?

I generally ignore those nagging messages.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Duracell batteries are prohibited in my house.
They leak and have severely damaged some expensive
electronics that I own.  Energizer and Everready
batteries are okay.
0
David
11/5/2019 4:04:52 PM
Thomas Pamin wrote on 05-11-19 12:04:
> I'm getting a lot more messages on web sites than I used to to upgrade
> my browser. My general.useragent.override string is: Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
Try 70.0 which is the latest.

But if you mimic other browser ..... you can still be unable to wotk
with certains web sites who use "other browser" specific gadget.
0
Ray_Net
11/5/2019 4:39:01 PM
Thomas Pamin wrote:
> I'm getting a lot more messages on web sites than I used to to upgrade
> my browser. My general.useragent.override string is: Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
>
> Can I change this so I get less nags to upgrade?

If you're already using general.useragent.override, you might want to
change it the setting to:

   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0

Optionally, you could continue to show Seamonkey by adding Seamonkey
2.53.1 at the end of that string.

I'm still running 2.49.5 as my primary browser, but I am running 2.53.1
on a virtual machine, and seeing good results, although I don't use it
extensively.

I've also set general.useragent.override.google.com to show Firefox 68
to Google, and that gets rid of the odd display that Google shows
otherwise.  I've also done similar with a couple of financial
institutions that insist on pushing upgrades, as well.

Most of the time, what's triggering issues is not the presence of
Seamonkey in the UA string, but Firefox versions below 60.  And as the
transition of Firefox 60esr transitions to Firefox 68esr, I think it
likely that we'll start seeing more sites pushing for upgrades out of
Firefox 60.

Smith
0
NFN
11/5/2019 4:59:44 PM
On 11/5/2019 5:04 AM, Thomas Pamin wrote:
> I'm getting a lot more messages on web sites than I used to to upgrade
> my browser. My general.useragent.override string is: Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
>
> Can I change this so I get less nags to upgrade?

Firefox is now at 70, there's no point in advertising any version older
than that.

L. Johnson
0
Lemuel
11/5/2019 6:29:30 PM
On 11/5/2019 8:39 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
> Thomas Pamin wrote on 05-11-19 12:04:
>> I'm getting a lot more messages on web sites than I used to to upgrade
>> my browser. My general.useragent.override string is: Mozilla/5.0
>> (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
> Try 70.0 which is the latest.
>
> But if you mimic other browser ..... you can still be unable to wotk
> with certains web sites who use "other browser" specific gadget.

Only one Web site that I frequently visit will not work with SeaMonkey:
<http://www.corelogic.com/solutions/configurable-real-estate-data-reports.aspx>.

It works with Internet Explorer 11 but not if I spoof IE 11 in
SeaMonkey.  That is strange since I have the latest (4 Sep 2019)
official end-user release of SeaMonkey 2.49.5 while IE 11 is old (but
updated 27 Aug 2019).

That site also does not work if I spoof Firefox 66.0.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Duracell batteries are prohibited in my house.
They leak and have severely damaged some expensive
electronics that I own.  Energizer and Everready
batteries are okay.
0
David
11/5/2019 6:30:39 PM
David E. Ross:

>Only one Web site that I frequently visit will not work with SeaMonkey:
><http://www.corelogic.com/solutions/configurable-real-estate-data-reports.aspx>.

What does not work? Opening the above link with my 2.53.1 succeeds.

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
11/5/2019 8:11:35 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote on 11/5/19 9:11 PM:
> David E. Ross:
>
>> Only one Web site that I frequently visit will not work with SeaMonkey:
>> <http://www.corelogic.com/solutions/configurable-real-estate-data-reports.aspx>.
>
> What does not work? Opening the above link with my 2.53.1 succeeds.
>
> Hartmut

It opens fine with the following version:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
SeaMonkey/2.53
Build identifier: 20180515074450

--
Gérard Vinkesteijn Rudersdorff

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
         -- Albert Einstein
0
GerardJan
11/5/2019 8:37:34 PM
Lemuel Johnson wrote:
> Firefox is now at 70, there's no point in advertising any version older
> than that.

Actually, if you account for Firefox ESR, advertising 68.0 will be valid
until the next ESR cycle begins. I don't have the exact details in hand,
but from my observation of previous cycles, support for 68.9esr won't
stop until 76.2esr is released.

Smith

0
NFN
11/5/2019 9:32:49 PM
On 11/5/2019 12:11 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:
> David E. Ross:
>
>> Only one Web site that I frequently visit will not work with SeaMonkey:
>> <http://www.corelogic.com/solutions/configurable-real-estate-data-reports.aspx>.
>
> What does not work? Opening the above link with my 2.53.1 succeeds.
>
> Hartmut

Yes, the home Web page loads okay.  However, the site does not work with
SeaMonkey.

I scroll down the cited page to "Southern California Home Resale
Activity" and select "LERAN MORE".  That gives me a page titled
"Southern California Home Resale Activity" at
<https://www.corelogic.com/insights/southern-california-home-resale-activity.aspx>.
 There, I enter my real name and my valid E-mail address.  I then select
"GET IT NOW".  Nothing happens.

And, YES, I have tried this in SeaMonkey's Safe Mode.  I get the same
result.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Duracell batteries are prohibited in my house.
They leak and have severely damaged some expensive
electronics that I own.  Energizer and Everready
batteries are okay.
0
David
11/5/2019 11:08:20 PM
David E. Ross:

Not going to happen. But I used Anton Emil and me@localhost. :)

> I then select "GET IT NOW".  Nothing happens.

Same here. But there is an explanation for this behavior:

JavaScript error: https://www.corelogic.com/js/main.js?v=4, line 471:
ReferenceError: GetElqCustomerGUID is not defined

So it does not seem to be a bug in SM.

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
11/5/2019 11:37:25 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> David E. Ross:
>
>> <https://www.corelogic.com/insights/southern-california-home-resale-activity.aspx>.
>> There, I enter my real name and my valid E-mail address.
>
> Not going to happen. But I used Anton Emil and me@localhost. :)
>
>> I then select "GET IT NOW".  Nothing happens.
>
> Same here. But there is an explanation for this behavior:
>
> JavaScript error: https://www.corelogic.com/js/main.js?v=4, line 471:
> ReferenceError: GetElqCustomerGUID is not defined
>
> So it does not seem to be a bug in SM.
>
> Hartmut

Both my BluHell firewall and Ublock Origin won't allow my browser to go
where the GET IT button wants to take me.

0
Paul
11/6/2019 1:50:35 AM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> David E. Ross:
>
>> Only one Web site that I frequently visit will not work with SeaMonkey:
>> <http://www.corelogic.com/solutions/configurable-real-estate-data-reports.aspx>.
>
> What does not work? Opening the above link with my 2.53.1 succeeds.
>
> Hartmut

Works for me with 2.49.5 MacOS.
0
Paul
11/6/2019 2:07:35 AM
On 11/5/2019 3:37 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:
> David E. Ross:
>
>> <https://www.corelogic.com/insights/southern-california-home-resale-activity.aspx>.
>> There, I enter my real name and my valid E-mail address.
>
> Not going to happen. But I used Anton Emil and me@localhost. :)
>
>> I then select "GET IT NOW".  Nothing happens.
>
> Same here. But there is an explanation for this behavior:
>
> JavaScript error: https://www.corelogic.com/js/main.js?v=4, line 471:
> ReferenceError: GetElqCustomerGUID is not defined
>
> So it does not seem to be a bug in SM.
>
> Hartmut

I never said it was a SeaMonkey bug.  Indeed, it is a bug in the Web
site.  It likely represents a return to the era when we saw such things
as "This site is best viewed by xxx", where "xxx" is a browser I loathe.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Duracell batteries are prohibited in my house.
They leak and have severely damaged some expensive
electronics that I own.  Energizer and Everready
batteries are okay.
0
David
11/6/2019 3:34:18 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> David E. Ross:
>
>> Only one Web site that I frequently visit will not work with SeaMonkey:
>> <http://www.corelogic.com/solutions/configurable-real-estate-data-reports.aspx>.
>
> What does not work? Opening the above link with my 2.53.1 succeeds.
>
> Hartmut

No problem opening this site with SeaMonkey 2.49.5

Danny

0
Danny
11/12/2019 6:06:05 PM
On 11/12/2019 10:06 AM, Danny Kile wrote:
> Hartmut Figge wrote:
>> David E. Ross:
>>
>>> Only one Web site that I frequently visit will not work with SeaMonkey:
>>> <http://www.corelogic.com/solutions/configurable-real-estate-data-reports.aspx>.
>>
>> What does not work? Opening the above link with my 2.53.1 succeeds.
>>
>> Hartmut
>>

> No problem opening this site with SeaMonkey 2.49.5
>
> Danny

But can you get the PDF file listing for the prior month of the number
of sales and prices of single-family homes, ditto for condominiums, and
average price per square feet for single-family homes, all listed by ZIP
codes?

I can get the home page for Corelogic.  To get the PDF file I descrbe
above, I need to use Internet Explorer.  Spoofing Internet Explorer,
Firefox, Edge, and other browsers does not work for getting the PDF file.