Setting up pop email account

Due to operator error I've trashed all my profiles.
I need to create from scratch the email portion of my profile.
I find the information is scattered in the internal help system.
Is there a web page that gives *ALL* the details for setting up pop?
TIA

0
Richard
11/16/2020 10:49:06 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13677 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 11/16/20 5:49 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Due to operator error I've trashed all my profiles.
> I need to create from scratch the email portion of my profile.
> I find the information is scattered in the internal help system.
> Is there a web page that gives *ALL* the details for setting up pop?
> TIA

Have you tried pressing the F1 function key, or go to the Menu bar >
Help > Help Contents > Using Mail & Newsgroups > Using the Mail Account
Setup Wizard?

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48
11/16/2020 1:13:30 PM
On 11/16/2020 07:13 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/16/20 5:49 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> Due to operator error I've trashed all my profiles.
>> I need to create from scratch the email portion of my profile.
>> I find the information is scattered in the internal help system.
>> Is there a web page that gives *ALL* the details for setting up pop?
>> TIA
>>

> Have you tried pressing the F1 function key, or go to the Menu bar >
> Help > Help Contents > Using Mail & Newsgroups > Using the Mail Account
> Setup Wizard?

I had searched for "password" rather than "Using the Mail Account Setup
Wizard" as I thought my immediate problem was password related. In
meantime I discovered that one of my presumed junk machines seem to lack
only my current password (my ISP is only a couple of miles away).

I would still like to know if the information is available on a web
page. The internal help contents presumes reader is going to ask
particular question in a specific order. A web page would allow me to
access tabs in *MY* order rather than the author's order.

Thanks.

0
Richard
11/16/2020 2:45:31 PM
On 11/16/20 9:45 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 11/16/2020 07:13 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 11/16/20 5:49 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
>>> Due to operator error I've trashed all my profiles.
>>> I need to create from scratch the email portion of my profile.
>>> I find the information is scattered in the internal help system.
>>> Is there a web page that gives *ALL* the details for setting up pop?
>>> TIA
>>>

>> Have you tried pressing the F1 function key, or go to the Menu bar >
>> Help > Help Contents > Using Mail & Newsgroups > Using the Mail
>> Account Setup Wizard?
>>

> I had searched for "password" rather than "Using the Mail Account Setup
> Wizard" as I thought my immediate problem was password related. In
> meantime I discovered that one of my presumed junk machines seem to lack
> only my current password (my ISP is only a couple of miles away).
>
> I would still like to know if the information is available on a web
> page. The internal help contents presumes reader is going to ask
> particular question in a specific order. A web page would allow me to
> access tabs in *MY* order rather than the author's order.
>
> Thanks.

Try <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Mozilla_Suite>

You could use a search engine and do a search.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48
11/16/2020 9:07:47 PM
On 11/16/2020 03:07 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/16/20 9:45 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
>>>>

>>> Have you tried pressing the F1 function key, or go to the Menu bar >
>>> Help > Help Contents > Using Mail & Newsgroups > Using the Mail
>>> Account Setup Wizard?
>>>

>> I had searched for "password" rather than "Using the Mail Account
>> Setup Wizard" as I thought my immediate problem was password related.
>> In meantime I discovered that one of my presumed junk machines seem to
>> lack only my current password (my ISP is only a couple of miles away).
>>
>> I would still like to know if the information is available on a web
>> page. The internal help contents presumes reader is going to ask
>> particular question in a specific order. A web page would allow me to
>> access tabs in *MY* order rather than the author's order.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Try <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Mozilla_Suite>
>
> You could use a search engine and do a search.

Mozillazine does not look promising and hadn't tried search engine as
couldn't come up with good search terms.

The problem is now moot as creating a new profile from scratch "just
worked". *EVEN THOUGH* all entries appear the same as existing profile
which gets error message from ISP:
   "Sending username did not succeed."
   "Mailserver @@@@@@@@@@.com responded:
      Invalid format for plain response."

Now I just have to figure out how to move currently saved emails and
their sub-folder structure to the new profile.

Richard