Secure Mail Key For Yahoo E-mail Access Via SeaMonkey E-mail

Help!  As I understand it, to access my Yahoo e-mail account (i.e.,
download e-mail messages on the Yahoo e-mail server via SeaMonkey) I
need to obtain/create a 'secure mail key' to use instead of the 'normal
password' entry in the server settings of the usual SeaMonkey e-mail
setup page.

I have downloaded and printed a discussion I found on Mozilla Support
about the 'Oauth' problem as it pertains to ATT e-mail with Thunderbird
but can't figure out how to proceed on a step-by-step basis.  I'm in my
80s and sorting out these kinds of problems doesn't come easy any more.
Can someone please assist?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.
0
Henrik37
11/28/2019 8:37:05 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13297 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Henrik37 wrote on 29/11/2019 7:37 AM:
> Help!  As I understand it, to access my Yahoo e-mail account (i.e.,
> download e-mail messages on the Yahoo e-mail server via SeaMonkey) I
> need to obtain/create a 'secure mail key' to use instead of the 'normal
> password' entry in the server settings of the usual SeaMonkey e-mail
> setup page.
>
> I have downloaded and printed a discussion I found on Mozilla Support
> about the 'Oauth' problem as it pertains to ATT e-mail with Thunderbird
> but can't figure out how to proceed on a step-by-step basis.  I'm in my
> 80s and sorting out these kinds of problems doesn't come easy any more.
> Can someone please assist?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

Henrik, I have no answer for your problem, but it would seem that Neil
Marcus is having the exact same problem with his SM and his A.T.&T.
account, so it might be worth your while checking out his "New A.T.&T.
Settings" thread, here, from about two and a half hours before your
original post!
--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134
0
Daniel
11/29/2019 12:26:42 PM
Daniel wrote:
> Henrik37 wrote on 29/11/2019 7:37 AM:
>> Help!  As I understand it, to access my Yahoo e-mail account (i.e., download
>> e-mail messages on the Yahoo e-mail server via SeaMonkey) I need to
>> obtain/create a 'secure mail key' to use instead of the 'normal password'
>> entry in the server settings of the usual SeaMonkey e-mail setup page.
>>
>> I have downloaded and printed a discussion I found on Mozilla Support about
>> the 'Oauth' problem as it pertains to ATT e-mail with Thunderbird but can't
>> figure out how to proceed on a step-by-step basis.  I'm in my 80s and
>> sorting out these kinds of problems doesn't come easy any more. Can someone
>> please assist?
>>
>> Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.
>
> Henrik, I have no answer for your problem, but it would seem that Neil Marcus
> is having the exact same problem with his SM and his A.T.&T. account, so it
> might be worth your while checking out his "New A.T.&T. Settings" thread,
> here, from about two and a half hours before your original post!

 From what I understand you need to create a secure mail key which will then
replace your password:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1269328

The next step should be to switch to another email provider which does not
force you to use a non standard authorization disguised as a security measure.
0
Frank
11/29/2019 12:55:09 PM
I too am having the same problem, started yesterday.=C2=A0 I used to go i=
nto=20
the Yahoo interface and delete all my junk email before downloading my=20
email.=C2=A0 Yesterday and today, because Yahoo cannot no longer read my =

password correctly, had to just download all email and then delete the=20
garbage..

> Henrik, I have no answer for your problem, but it would seem that Neil =

> Marcus is having the exact same problem with his SM and his A.T.&T.=20
> account, so it might be worth your while checking out his "New A.T.&T. =

> Settings" thread, here, from about two and a half hours before your=20
> original post!=20

--=20
Pat Connors
http://www.connorsgenealogy.com

0
Pat
11/29/2019 8:15:30 PM
On 11/29/19 3:15 PM, Pat Connors wrote:
> I too am having the same problem, started yesterday.=C2=A0 I used to go=
 into=20
> the Yahoo interface and delete all my junk email before downloading my =

> email.=C2=A0 Yesterday and today, because Yahoo cannot no longer read m=
y=20
> password correctly, had to just download all email and then delete the =

> garbage..
>=20

So you were able to set the Secure Mail Key for access to your Yahoo=20
email account in the SeaMonkey Mail & Newsgroups window, but you can't=20
access Yahoo email using the SeaMonkey Browser window?

Seems like a totally different problem to me.

--=20
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48