seamonkey2.2 pdf plugin crash with some PDF (Linux x86-64)

Some PDF link are not displayed in seamonkey but are displayed in
firefox5.0.
In Seamonkey I receive a black or a white screen
Ex:
http://www.hermione.com/media/_com_presse_greement_hermione__042579500_1026_30052011.pdf

I have the adobe reader plugin installed with npwrapper
==> npwrapper.nppdf.so

about.plugins shows
"
Adobe Reader 9.4
    Fichier : /usr/seamonkey/plugins/npwrapper.nppdf.so
    Version :
    The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files
from within the browser."

Firefox shows the same plugin
"Adobe Reader 9.4
    Fichier : /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/npwrapper.nppdf.so
    Version :
    The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files
from within the browser."

The seamonkey error console doesn't show any error.

In seamonkey after this, it is impossible to display any other PDF file

ps -ef | grep plugin shows
"
philippe  6114  4239  0 09:22 ?        00:00:00 /usr/seamonkey/plugin-
container /usr/seamonkey/plugins/npwrapper.nppdf.so -omnijar
/usr/seamonkey/omni.jar 4239 true plugin
philippe  6144  6114  0 09:22 ?        00:00:01
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin --plugin /usr/lib/browser-
plugins/nppdf.so --connection /org/wrapper/NSPlugins/nppdf.so/6114-1"

If I kill these two processes I can display other pdf file for example
http://www.section508.gov/docs/pdfguidanceforgovernment.pdf
but still not
http://www.hermione.com/media/_com_presse_greement_hermione__042579500_1026_30052011.pdf

So it seems that the plugin crash for some PDF files, thereafter seamonkey
is not able to display any other PDF files until the crashed plugin is
killed.

Any idea how to solve this?
Regards
Philippe

0
pconde
7/24/2011 12:48:01 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13623 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Seamonkey 2.1/2.2 breaking Java plugin support on Centos 5 Linux?
I'm a long-time user of Seamonkey, from since it was called Mozilla. The recent 2.1 and 2.2 updates seem to have broken Java support on my Centos 5.5 box (32 bits) and I really can't figure this out. Seamonkey is installed in /usr/local. Starting from 2.1, the /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins directory is gone. As per the release notes, plugins are now managed on a per-user basis in $HOME/.mozilla/plugins So far, so good. I used to have a link in /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins pointing to /usr/local/jre1.6.0_12/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so (I install Sun's...

Seamonkey 2.35 (linux x86-64) No more bookmarks
Hello, I had Seamonkey 2.31 installed. I saved the installation folder under a new name. I downloaded the tar.bz archive and extracted it to a new folder. Starting the seamonkey 2.35 I see that the bookmarks are not more displayed only an empty folder is shown I reverted back to seamonkey2.31 and the boormarks are again visible. I have found a folder "bookmarkbackups" with a 1 or 10 file named like "bookmarks-2015-09-05_432_eq3uQe85vRg8yIrjHHCSyA==.jsonlz4" There exist also a bookmarks.html dated from 2015-09-01. Any idea how to retrieve/reinstall t...

seamonkey 2.38 Linux x86-64: page doesn't load
Hello, Some pages doesn't load on different sites (you.tube,www.videolan, etc..) Fox example this page http://www.videolan.org/vlc/skins.php?sort=downloads displays correctly but if I select one of the proposed download Seamonkey doesn't open the download screen. The tab color change to dark gray clicking a second time restore the original tab. This works correctly with Firefox 41.0.1. In the error console I see no message when selecting one of the proposed skins. Reloading the entire page gives a lot of warning but no errors. In the preferences I unchecked block p...

PDF crashes #2
Name: Jeremy Shaw Product: Firefox Summary: PDF crashes Comments: Shame that the latest fix doesn't seem to have addressed the continuing problem of some PDFs opened from within FFox causing it to crash. I know this has been around for years, but for me it only became a problem with 3.5 and I HATE having to open IE which is often the only way to launch the file crash-free. Fortunately it's not that common - can't work out any kind of rule though. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4 From URL: ht...

saveas pdf but as pdf/a
Hi, we need to save the reports as pdf/a. Is there a way to tell pb or let me save ghostscript to save the datawindow as a pdf/a ? ghostscript has some options like pdf/a but the datawindow printer seems to ignore all settings from ghsotscript TIA Heino Hellmers ...

pdf and SeaMonkey 2.16
Will SeaMonkey 2.16 (the next major release) include built-in support for the .pdf file format? Paul Bergsagel wrote: > Will SeaMonkey 2.16 (the next major release) include built-in support > for the .pdf file format? > Doubt it. http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.16/ -- Fedora 18.0 (64-bit) KDE 4.9.5 SeaMonkey Release 2.15.2 Paul Bergsagel wrote: > Will SeaMonkey 2.16 (the next major release) include built-in support for the > .pdf file format? What did you have in mind? The current save/open choice seems optimal, PDF is a format wh...

PDF Crashes Firefox #2
Name: Karl Email: sstopperatemldotcc Product: Firefox Summary: PDF Crashes Firefox Comments: I love the Firefox browser except that if I open a PDF file, it freezes Firefox and my computer. This is pathetic. I see from research that many have this bug. Very frustrating. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it...

[pdf + iframe] Acrobat Reader crashes after reading some PDF
Hello everyone, we have a site where you can watch different pdf's. In the last weeks we got more and more mails from  users which reported that the acrobat reader crashes after reading about 4 to 5 pdfs. We tested this with version 6 and 7 and both versions have this problems (this problem happens more often in version 7). only when the adobe-process  gets killed in the task-manager (needs about 30-50 MbRam) you can restart the IE-Browser. architecture: we have previews of each pdf which can be clicked (LinkButtons --> Postback). After  a preview is cli...

pdf handling within seamonkey #2
Joe wrote: Had the same problem and fixed it by deleting the pdf helper and starting a new pdf helper which allowed me to select Adobe.I noted that the old pdf helper claimed to use Adobe but it really used Foxit E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (6.0.1.441) Database version: 6.12270 http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor-antivirus/ ...

Looking for a PDF solution that supports PDF/X-3:2002 standard
Hi, I need a Delphi component that can create PDF files that support the PDF/X-3:2002 standard. I have a copy of wPDF but discovered that it does not fit my needs. Please see: http://www.wpcubed.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16924&sid=c0c5d675bc03359519bb9acb0733b7b9 Could anyone recommend a component? TIA. Regards, Steve Faleiro On 2011-08-26 11:16:44 -0400, Steve Faleiro <steve_goa@yahoo.com> said: > Hi, > > I need a Delphi component that can create PDF files that support the > PDF/X-3:2002 standard. While not a Delphi component, and not...

does pb 9 supports pdf distiller or pdf writer using pbni
I am trying to fix an application in pb8 that uses pdf writer or pdf 995. the program currently pops with the saveas dialog. I would like to suppress that in PB8. OR If I use PB9 can this be suppressed. I don't want to use ghost script because that leads into new issues of licensing and so on. Thanks In advance VSV ...

Seamonkey 2.10 in Linux keeps crashing
Hi I know you folk are really totally windows centric, so don't ignore linux or apple versions they have their place in OS land too. T/he tgz2 file after decompression crashes going back a page especially on the ABC aust website but others too. http://download.mozilla.org/?product=seamonkey-2.10&os=linux&lang=en-US Gone back to 2.91 and 2.8 which are still branded 2.10 but don't crash, guess their existing code repairs something bad in 2.10 code./ Regards Rod Rod wrote: > Hi I know you folk are really totally windows centric, so > don't ignore...

any alternative pdf plugin for 64 bit FF?
Hi Guys, Does anyone know of an alternative PDF plugin, other than AcroRead's plugins, for 64 bit Linux Firefox? Many thanks, -T On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Todd and Margo Chester < ToddMargoChester@invalid.com> wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Does anyone know of an alternative PDF plugin, other than > AcroRead's plugins, for 64 bit Linux Firefox? > > Many thanks, > -T I do know that okular should work if you're using a KDE based distro -- try installing it and seeing how it works out? On 09/05/2011 08:51 PM, clarjon1 wrote: &...

SeaMonkey 2.22.1 linux 64+ Lightning
Crossposted to mozilla.support.calendar & mozilla.support.seamonkey: SM 2.22.1 (linux 64) has broken lightning. Anyone know which one works now? User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0 SeaMonkey/2.22.1 Build identifier: 20131113180743 Lightning 2.7b1 true {e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103} So far I've tried 2.6.1, 2.6.2, 2.7b1: <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Calendar/Calendar_Versions?> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/?page=1#version-2.7b1> and <https://...

Web resources about - seamonkey2.2 pdf plugin crash with some PDF (Linux x86-64) - mozilla.support.seamonkey

Vorbis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Xiph.Org Foundation maintains a reference implementation, libvorbis , the latest official version of which is 1.3.3, released on February ...

freshports - new ports, applications

CVE - CVE-2010-3765
Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE®) is a dictionary of common names (i.e., CVE Identifiers) for publicly known information security vulnerabilities. ...

SeaMonkey 2.9.1
As part of Mozilla's ongoing stability and security update process, SeaMonkey2.9.1 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux as a free download ...

Vorbis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Xiph.Org Foundation maintains a reference implementation, libvorbis , the latest official version of which is 1.3.3, released on February ...

Theora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1.1.1 / October 1, 2009 ; 2 years ago ( 2009-10-01 ) 1.2.0 Alpha 1 / September 24, 2010 ; 19 months ago ( 2010-09-24 ) Theora is derived from ...

FreshPorts New User