SeaMonkey - Mozilla's Where's SeaMonkey challenge

Sort of like 'Where's Waldo'[1] ...

See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
Nope. Not there.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
Nope. Not there.
SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".
Hint: You can indeed get to a page with SeaMonkey on it from there...
see how easy it is for you to find it.

When you do get to the page, SeaMonkey is spelled 'Seamonkey'. Not only
do Mozilla dis SeaMonkey by hiding it three obscure pages in, but then
they spell it with a lowercase 'm'.

My we are a select & special project group aren't we?

[1] <http://www.findwaldo.com/>
<http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page>
0
NoOp
8/11/2012 2:17:14 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13598 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 8/10/12 7:17 PM, NoOp wrote:
> Sort of like 'Where's Waldo'[1] ...
>
> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
> Nope. Not there.
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
> Nope. Not there.
> SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".
> Hint: You can indeed get to a page with SeaMonkey on it from there...
> see how easy it is for you to find it.
>
> When you do get to the page, SeaMonkey is spelled 'Seamonkey'. Not only
> do Mozilla dis SeaMonkey by hiding it three obscure pages in, but then
> they spell it with a lowercase 'm'.
>
> My we are a select & special project group aren't we?
>
> [1] <http://www.findwaldo.com/>
> <http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page>

SeaMonkey has its own Web domain.  The home page in US-English is at
<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/>.  There, it is spelled "SeaMonkey".

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross
0
David
8/11/2012 2:40:01 AM
On 08/10/2012 07:40 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 8/10/12 7:17 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> Sort of like 'Where's Waldo'[1] ...
>>
>> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>>
>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
>> Nope. Not there.
>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
>> Nope. Not there.
>> SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".
>> Hint: You can indeed get to a page with SeaMonkey on it from there...
>> see how easy it is for you to find it.
>>
>> When you do get to the page, SeaMonkey is spelled 'Seamonkey'. Not only
>> do Mozilla dis SeaMonkey by hiding it three obscure pages in, but then
>> they spell it with a lowercase 'm'.
>>
>> My we are a select & special project group aren't we?
>>
>> [1] <http://www.findwaldo.com/>
>> <http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page>
>>

> SeaMonkey has its own Web domain.  The home page in US-English is at
> <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/>.

I know that, you know that. But if a new/prospective SeaMonkey user goes
to the standard Mozilla page & tries to find SeaMonkey, how easy do you
think it will be?

> There, it is spelled "SeaMonkey".

Well of course it is. But it is not on the Mozilla site/page.

0
NoOp
8/11/2012 3:25:37 AM
NoOp wrote:
> On 08/10/2012 07:40 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 8/10/12 7:17 PM, NoOp wrote:
>>> Sort of like 'Where's Waldo'[1] ...
>>>
>>> See how many clicks&  pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>>>
>>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
>>> Nope. Not there.
>>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
>>> Nope. Not there.
>>> SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".
>>> Hint: You can indeed get to a page with SeaMonkey on it from there...
>>> see how easy it is for you to find it.
>>>
>>> When you do get to the page, SeaMonkey is spelled 'Seamonkey'. Not only
>>> do Mozilla dis SeaMonkey by hiding it three obscure pages in, but then
>>> they spell it with a lowercase 'm'.
>>>
>>> My we are a select&  special project group aren't we?
>>>
>>> [1]<http://www.findwaldo.com/>
>>> <http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page>
>>>

>> SeaMonkey has its own Web domain.  The home page in US-English is at
>> <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/>.
>
> I know that, you know that. But if a new/prospective SeaMonkey user goes
> to the standard Mozilla page&  tries to find SeaMonkey, how easy do you
> think it will be?
>
>> There, it is spelled "SeaMonkey".
>>

> Well of course it is. But it is not on the Mozilla site/page.

Try using Google as your friend.  Enter SeaMonkey in lower case, upper
case, or mixed case; only the letter spelling will count, and then maybe
not.

Michael G

--
Armadillo Web Development
www.armadilloweb.com

Cell: 903.244.3644

Opening your Door to Opportunity
and inviting the world to walk through.

Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

0
Michael
8/11/2012 3:41:39 AM
On 08/10/2012 08:41 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>>> SeaMonkey has its own Web domain.  The home page in US-English is at
>>> <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/>.
>>
>> I know that, you know that. But if a new/prospective SeaMonkey user goes
>> to the standard Mozilla page&  tries to find SeaMonkey, how easy do you
>> think it will be?
>>
>>> There, it is spelled "SeaMonkey".
>>>

>> Well of course it is. But it is not on the Mozilla site/page.
>>

> Try using Google as your friend.  Enter SeaMonkey in lower case, upper
> case, or mixed case; only the letter spelling will count, and then maybe
> not.
>
> Michael G

Are you serious?

Never mind, I reckon you are. Thanks for playing anyway.

0
NoOp
8/11/2012 3:45:42 AM
On 8/10/2012 8:41 PM PT, Michael Gordon typed:

> Try using Google as your friend.  Enter SeaMonkey in lower case, upper
> case, or mixed case; only the letter spelling will count, and then maybe
> not.

Bah to search engines. We're talking about Mozilla's web site! Even
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/ doesn't list it! Does Mozilla not
care about its own multiple suite product? Are they trying to kill it? :(
--
"The evaluator counts the ants at the picnic of progress." --Mohan Singh
  | |o   o| |
> On 8/10/2012 8:41 PM PT, Michael Gordon typed:
>
>> Try using Google as your friend.  Enter SeaMonkey in lower case, upper
>> case, or mixed case; only the letter spelling will count, and then maybe
>> not.
>
> Bah to search engines. We're talking about Mozilla's web site! Even
> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/ doesn't list it! Does Mozilla not
> care about its own multiple suite product? Are they trying to kill it? :(

No, they have already killed it -- back in 2005, when the Mozilla
Application Suite was discontinued. Seamonkey is *not* an official
Mozilla project, although they do lend us a lot of help and resources.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
.... Sent from my Deep Thought.
MCBastos
8/11/2012 4:34:56 AM
On 8/10/2012 9:34 PM PT, MCBastos typed:

>>> Try using Google as your friend.  Enter SeaMonkey in lower case, upper
>>> case, or mixed case; only the letter spelling will count, and then maybe
>>> not.
>>
>> Bah to search engines. We're talking about Mozilla's web site! Even
>> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/ doesn't list it! Does Mozilla not
>> care about its own multiple suite product? Are they trying to kill it? :(

> No, they have already killed it -- back in 2005, when the Mozilla
> Application Suite was discontinued. Seamonkey is *not* an official
> Mozilla project, although they do lend us a lot of help and resources.

Really? Wow. I didn't know that happened. That sucks. I am surprised it
is still alive today even though it is an unofficial project. :( No
wonder people never heard of them until I mentioned old school Netscape
suite products.
--
"When you need a helpline for breakfast cereals, it's time to start
thinking about tearing down civilization and giving the ants a go."
On 08/10/2012 09:34 PM, MCBastos wrote:
> Interviewed by CNN on 11/08/2012 01:28, Ant told the world:
>> On 8/10/2012 8:41 PM PT, Michael Gordon typed:
>>
>>> Try using Google as your friend.  Enter SeaMonkey in lower case, upper
>>> case, or mixed case; only the letter spelling will count, and then maybe
>>> not.
>>
>> Bah to search engines. We're talking about Mozilla's web site! Even
>> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/ doesn't list it! Does Mozilla not
>> care about its own multiple suite product? Are they trying to kill it? :(
>>

> No, they have already killed it -- back in 2005, when the Mozilla
> Application Suite was discontinued. Seamonkey is *not* an official
> Mozilla project, although they do lend us a lot of help and resources.

At least previously they had an easy link to 'Projects' on the front
page. Now you have to go through:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
to  https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
      scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "See even more
awesome software based on Mozilla technologies."
to end up here:
<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/projects/mozilla-based/>

Seems to me that if they do lend a lot of help & resources, they'd be
kind enough to at least make "projects" visible again. At least we're
not alone...they've also done the same to Lightning, who do not have
their own URL:

https://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

The other interesting bit, is that if you are on the calendar page, and
click on any 'Projects' link, you end up back here:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
So they are purposely redirecting any 'projects' url to 'products',
which of course confuses the hell out of anyone trying to find
'projects' on the site. I guess it's "their site, their rules".

0
NoOp
8/11/2012 5:37:37 AM
On 12-08-10 10:17 PM, NoOp wrote:
> Sort of like 'Where's Waldo'[1] ...
>
> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
> Nope. Not there.
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
> Nope. Not there.
> SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".
> Hint: You can indeed get to a page with SeaMonkey on it from there...
> see how easy it is for you to find it.
>
> When you do get to the page, SeaMonkey is spelled 'Seamonkey'. Not only
> do Mozilla dis SeaMonkey by hiding it three obscure pages in, but then
> they spell it with a lowercase 'm'.
>
> My we are a select & special project group aren't we?
>
> [1] <http://www.findwaldo.com/>
> <http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page>

What Robert told you in 2009 still applies. :)
<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/msg/f15eb9bbd7ba75bd>

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator
On 08/10/2012 10:51 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 12-08-10 10:17 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> Sort of like 'Where's Waldo'[1] ...
>>
>> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>>
>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
>> Nope. Not there.
>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
>> Nope. Not there.
>> SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".
>> Hint: You can indeed get to a page with SeaMonkey on it from there...
>> see how easy it is for you to find it.
>>
>> When you do get to the page, SeaMonkey is spelled 'Seamonkey'. Not only
>> do Mozilla dis SeaMonkey by hiding it three obscure pages in, but then
>> they spell it with a lowercase 'm'.
>>
>> My we are a select & special project group aren't we?
>>
>> [1] <http://www.findwaldo.com/>
>> <http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page>
>
> What Robert told you in 2009 still applies. :)
> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/msg/f15eb9bbd7ba75bd>

Actually it does not. At that time Robert wrote:

"We are features well on the "Our Projects" page itself, and we appear
on the front page if the screen is large enough (the first versions had
usnot even showing up at 1280px width, which I got them to correct as
space could fit that easily) and when the user scrolls the projects with
the arrows. That's the most we can do."

Which is considerably different than now.

0
NoOp
8/11/2012 6:02:48 AM
NoOp wrote:
> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
> Nope. Not there.
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
> Nope. Not there.
> SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".

Exactly. In the past, www.mozilla.org could be perceived as being the
site that features anything Mozilla-based, but these times are long
gone. (At the latest) since www.mozilla.com has been merged into
www.mozilla.org, mozilla.org is the MoCo home and they claim/control the
front page contents. These contents cannot be changed by everyone
(unlike with the wiki or developer network sites) so it's a done deal.
No point in fighting it. Our website and content is elsewhere, and we
have at least full control over that.

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>
SeaMonkey Trunk Tracker <http://smtt.blogspot.com/>

NoOp wrote:

> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.

Mozilla.Org/Products/"more awesome software"/Seamonkey

Not too hard.
Philip Taylor
0
Philip
8/11/2012 9:00:32 AM
Jens Hatlak wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>>
>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
>> Nope. Not there.
>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
>> Nope. Not there.
>> SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".
>
> Exactly. In the past, www.mozilla.org could be perceived as being the
> site that features anything Mozilla-based, but these times are long
> gone. (At the latest) since www.mozilla.com has been merged into
> www.mozilla.org, mozilla.org is the MoCo home and they claim/control the
> front page contents. These contents cannot be changed by everyone
> (unlike with the wiki or developer network sites) so it's a done deal.
> No point in fighting it. Our website and content is elsewhere, and we
> have at least full control over that.
>
> HTH
>
> Jens

Jens, can I ask "Why the "-project" in www.seamonkey-project.org?" Why
not just www,seamonkey.org from the get-go?? (which, apparently, is
available, ATT!)

--
Daniel
0
On 11.08.2012 06:27, Daniel wrote:

> not just www,seamonkey.org from the get-go?? (which, apparently, is
> available, ATT!)

I think I can answer that one - maybe. "Seamonkey" is a marine creature
(brine shrimp) and if there is just "seamonkey.org" then how many hits
would there be looking for a "seamonkey".

--
Jay Garcia - www.ufaq.org - Netscape - Firefox - SeaMonkey - Thunderbird
Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/

e.g., www.seamonkey.com

--
Rob Lindauer - for my real email, please change "att" to "sbc"
0
NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:

> On 08/10/2012 08:41 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
> > NoOp wrote:

> >> I know that, you know that. But if a new/prospective SeaMonkey
> >> user goes to the standard Mozilla page&  tries to find SeaMonkey,
> >> how easy do you think it will be?

> >> Well of course it is. But it is not on the Mozilla site/page.
> >
> > Try using Google as your friend.  Enter SeaMonkey in lower case,
> > upper case, or mixed case; only the letter spelling will count, and
> > then maybe not.
>
> Are you serious?
>
> Never mind, I reckon you are. Thanks for playing anyway.

IMO, it's the best reply yet.  ISTM that's what the overwhelming
majority of new or prospective SeaMonkey users will do, not dry to
drill down to it from mozilla.org's front page.  I don't think this
will affect anyone other than those looking for reasons to feel
slighted by the Corporation/Foundation.  Would talking the people in
charge of Mozilla's main portals into featuring SeaMonkey more
prominently there really help the project at this point?

(For the lack of capitalization on the site, a bug report would probably
get it fixed.  I understand this is kinda beside the point.)
0
UTF
8/11/2012 6:34:45 PM
On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 21:27:27 +1000, Daniel wrote:

> Jens, can I ask "Why the "-project" in www.seamonkey-project.org?" Why
> not just www,seamonkey.org from the get-go?? (which, apparently, is
> available, ATT!)

I don't know about now, but back then there was a domain squatter who
wanted $$$ for the domain. I think his registration has expired by now.

Phil

--
Philip Chee <philip@aleytys.pc.my>, <philip.chee@gmail.com>
Philip
On 12-08-11 2:02 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 08/10/2012 10:51 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>> What Robert told you in 2009 still applies. :)
>> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/msg/f15eb9bbd7ba75bd>
>
> Actually it does not. At that time Robert wrote:
>
> "We are features well on the "Our Projects" page itself, and we appear
> on the front page if the screen is large enough (the first versions had
> usnot even showing up at 1280px width, which I got them to correct as
> space could fit that easily) and when the user scrolls the projects with
> the arrows. That's the most we can do."
>
> Which is considerably different than now.

I don't know why you set the followup to mozilla.general.

The exact URL and number of clicks does not matter in this case. What he
said about www.mozilla.org being a portal to all things Mozilla, and
SeaMonkey being a small part of Mozilla is what matters.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator
Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 11.08.2012 06:27, Daniel wrote:

but, by the same logic, Jay, SeaMonkey-Project could be a project to
expand the raising of Seamonkeys, i.e. brine!!

--
Daniel
0
Rob Lindauer wrote:
> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 11.08.2012 06:27, Daniel wrote:

Ahh! hadn't considered that!!

--
Daniel
0
NoOp schrieb:
> SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".

Right. It isn't and never was. It's a volunteer-only project that is
only loosely backed by Mozilla with some infrastructure resources.

> When you do get to the page, SeaMonkey is spelled 'Seamonkey'. Not only
> do Mozilla dis SeaMonkey by hiding it three obscure pages in, but then
> they spell it with a lowercase 'm'.

That lowercase "m" on the recently created
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/projects/mozilla-based/ page is a bug and
should be reported as such (websites product, mozilla.org component),
the site maintainers are surely happy to correct that.

> My we are a select & special project group aren't we?

Yes, we are. And an independent one at that.

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
8/12/2012 11:44:41 AM
Chris Ilias schrieb:
> The exact URL and number of clicks does not matter in this case. What he
> said about www.mozilla.org being a portal to all things Mozilla, and
> SeaMonkey being a small part of Mozilla is what matters.

Actually, that changed in the "One Mozilla website" program, while
mozilla.org is still trying to link other initiatives, the team moved
back the main product pages of Firefox, Firefox for Android,
Thunderbird, and entry pages to other products such as Firefox OS,
Persona, etc. into the main mozilla.org site offering, so that it's way
heavier in promoting those. Also, with the increase of the Mozilla
portfolio to include more products, volunteer-only loosely coupled
projects like SeaMonkey have less of a chance to be largely featured.

And I'm not even talking yet about which products or projects are more
fit to master the challenges of the rapidly changing world of today's
web and which are less fit for doing that (hint, for the latter, they
might look better there if their contributors would help to make them
fit by innovating on top of the established base).

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
8/12/2012 11:52:53 AM
Daniel schrieb:
> Jens, can I ask "Why the "-project" in www.seamonkey-project.org?" Why
> not just www,seamonkey.org from the get-go?? (which, apparently, is
> available, ATT!)

It wasn't available. And it would be news to me if it was now. Last time
I checked, it was still owned by the same guy that wouldn't hand it over
to us, even though he hadn't placed a live site under that domain for ages.

And apparently that's still true, I just checked again.

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
8/12/2012 11:55:31 AM
Jay Garcia schrieb:
> I think I can answer that one - maybe. "Seamonkey" is a marine creature
> (brine shrimp)

No. The trademark "SeaMonkey" (as well as the logo) is registered by the
Mozilla Foundation in the US, EU and Japan for the SeaMonkey project.
The brine shrimp are registered as a trademark under "Sea-Monkeys", in
plural and with a dash in the name.

Still, that guy holding the seamonkey.org domain once had and claims to
still want to do a page about those brine shrimp and he's been unwilling
to hand over the domain so far.

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
8/12/2012 11:58:09 AM
Robert Kaiser wrote:
> That lowercase "m" on the recently created
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/projects/mozilla-based/ page is a bug and
> should be reported as such (websites product, mozilla.org component),
> the site maintainers are surely happy to correct that.

Filed a bug: <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=782119>

Greetings,

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>
SeaMonkey Trunk Tracker <http://smtt.blogspot.com/>
0
Jens
8/12/2012 1:21:04 PM
Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Daniel schrieb:
>> Jens, can I ask "Why the "-project" in www.seamonkey-project.org?" Why
>> not just www,seamonkey.org from the get-go?? (which, apparently, is
>> available, ATT!)
>
> It wasn't available. And it would be news to me if it was now. Last time
> I checked, it was still owned by the same guy that wouldn't hand it over
> to us, even though he hadn't placed a live site under that domain for ages.
>
> And apparently that's still true, I just checked again.
>
> Robert Kaiser

You could be right, Kairo, I just plugged "www.seamonkey.org" into the
browser and it came up empty.

--
Daniel
0
> Robert Kaiser wrote:

> You could be right, Kairo, I just plugged "www.seamonkey.org" into the
> browser and it came up empty.

Try using a more comprehensive tool that includes WHOIS data, such as
http://network-tools.com/ to research a domain.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
.... Sent from my HP LaserJet.
MCBastos
8/13/2012 2:34:56 PM
On 8/13/12 7:34 AM, MCBastos wrote:
> Interviewed by CNN on 13/08/2012 09:41, Daniel told the world:
>> Robert Kaiser wrote:
>
>> You could be right, Kairo, I just plugged "www.seamonkey.org" into the
>> browser and it came up empty.
>>
> Try using a more comprehensive tool that includes WHOIS data, such as
> http://network-tools.com/ to research a domain.

WhoIs - Monday, August 13, 2012 07:59:27
Generated by CyberKit Version 2.5
Copyright © 1996-2000 by Luc Neijens

Hostname: whois-servers.net
Query: seamonkey.org
Port: 43

GeekTools Whois Proxy v5.0.5 Ready.
Checking access for 76.173.9.48... ok.

Checking server [whois.publicinterestregistry.net]
Results:

Domain ID:D94433228-LROR
Domain Name:SEAMONKEY.ORG
Created On:12-Feb-2003 02:27:14 UTC
Last Updated On:17-Jan-2012 23:15:53 UTC
Expiration Date:12-Feb-2013 02:27:14 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Status:OK
Registrant ID:6f91e84b3a1
Registrant Name:Warren  Yang
Registrant Street1:1518 Klamath Dr
Registrant City:Sunnyvale
Registrant State/Province:CA
Registrant Postal Code:94087
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.6506937064
Registrant Email:warreny@gmail.com
Admin ID:6f91e84b3a1
Admin Name:Warren  Yang
Admin Street1:1518 Klamath Dr
Admin City:Sunnyvale
Admin State/Province:CA
Admin Postal Code:94087
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.6506937064
Admin Email:warreny@gmail.com
Tech ID:6f91e84b3a1
Tech Name:Warren  Yang
Tech Street1:1518 Klamath Dr
Tech City:Sunnyvale
Tech State/Province:CA
Tech Postal Code:94087
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.6506937064
Tech Email:warreny@gmail.com
Name Server:DNSONE.ROADTOAD.NET
Name Server:DNSTWO.ROADTOAD.NET
DNSSEC:Unsigned

Results brought to you by the GeekTools WHOIS Proxy
Server results may be copyrighted and are used with permission.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross
0
David
8/13/2012 3:02:48 PM
�Q� wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:45:42 -0700
> NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 08/10/2012 08:41 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
>>> Try using Google as your friend.  Enter SeaMonkey in lower case,
>>> upper case, or mixed case; only the letter spelling will count, and
>>> then maybe not.
>> Are you serious?
>>
>> Never mind, I reckon you are. Thanks for playing anyway.
>
> IMO, it's the best reply yet.  ISTM that's what the overwhelming
> majority of new or prospective SeaMonkey users will do, not dry to
> drill down to it from mozilla.org's front page.

That only applies to users who already know they want SeaMonkey.

What about the people who don't know about SeaMonkey but might choose
to use it if, in looking for Firefox and/or Thunderbird, see SeaMonkey
listed as sibling product?

(By the way, earlier today I tried to find SeaMonkey by starting
at mozilla.org and wondered why it was so damn hard to find SeaMonkey.)

 > Would talking the people in
> charge of Mozilla's main portals into featuring SeaMonkey more
> prominently there really help the project at this point?

I don't know that it would help much, but it would almost certainly
help some.

Daniel
0
Dan
8/22/2012 11:06:42 PM
Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> NoOp wrote:
>
>> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>
> Mozilla.Org/Products/"more awesome software"/Seamonkey
>
> Not too hard.

Yes, that IS too hard.  When a reader gets to the listing of the other
Mozilla (Firefox) and the other Mozilla e-mail client (Thunderbird), you
should see SeaMonkey.

(You're apparently thinking of the hardness of clicking along on a path you
already know (and still remember).   That's not the relevant case.)

Daniel

0
Dan
8/22/2012 11:11:12 PM
Dan B. wrote:
> �Q� wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:45:42 -0700
>> NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:

>>> Are you serious?
>>>
>>> Never mind, I reckon you are. Thanks for playing anyway.
>>
>> IMO, it's the best reply yet.  ISTM that's what the overwhelming
>> majority of new or prospective SeaMonkey users will do, not dry to
>> drill down to it from mozilla.org's front page.
>
> That only applies to users who already know they want SeaMonkey.
>
> What about the people who don't know about SeaMonkey but might choose
> to use it if, in looking for Firefox and/or Thunderbird, see SeaMonkey
> listed as sibling product?
>

> (By the way, earlier today I tried to find SeaMonkey by starting
> at mozilla.org and wondered why it was so damn hard to find SeaMonkey.)
>

>  > Would talking the people in
>> charge of Mozilla's main portals into featuring SeaMonkey more
>> prominently there really help the project at this point?
>
> I don't know that it would help much, but it would almost certainly
> help some.
>
> Daniel

Some would suggest that Mozilla.org would not display SeaMonkey
prominently because Mozilla don't produce/develop it. I wonder if
Mozilla will now (or after V16) de-list Thunderbird, as they will be
stopping development of it, and just link to it as a contributed product
(or whatever), as they do for SeaMonkey??

--
Daniel
0
Dan B. wrote:
> Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>>

>> NoOp wrote:
>>
>>> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>>
>> Mozilla.Org/Products/"more awesome software"/Seamonkey
>>
>> Not too hard.
>
> Yes, that IS too hard.  When a reader gets to the listing of the other
> Mozilla (Firefox) and the other Mozilla e-mail client (Thunderbird), you
> should see SeaMonkey.
>

> (You're apparently thinking of the hardness of clicking along on a path you
> already know (and still remember).   That's not the relevant case.)
>

> Daniel

No, I think NoOp was commenting on how hard it was to locate any
reference i.e. locate the path, to SeaMonkey on the Mozilla pages.

--
Daniel
0
On 08/23/2012 08:23 AM, Daniel wrote:
> Dan B. wrote:
>> �Q� wrote:

>>> IMO, it's the best reply yet.  ISTM that's what the overwhelming
>>> majority of new or prospective SeaMonkey users will do, not dry to
>>> drill down to it from mozilla.org's front page.
>>
>> That only applies to users who already know they want SeaMonkey.
>>
>> What about the people who don't know about SeaMonkey but might choose
>> to use it if, in looking for Firefox and/or Thunderbird, see SeaMonkey
>> listed as sibling product?
>>

>> (By the way, earlier today I tried to find SeaMonkey by starting
>> at mozilla.org and wondered why it was so damn hard to find SeaMonkey.)
>>

>>  > Would talking the people in
>>> charge of Mozilla's main portals into featuring SeaMonkey more
>>> prominently there really help the project at this point?
>>
>> I don't know that it would help much, but it would almost certainly
>> help some.
>>
>> Daniel
>
> Some would suggest that Mozilla.org would not display SeaMonkey
> prominently because Mozilla don't produce/develop it. I wonder if
> Mozilla will now (or after V16) de-list Thunderbird, as they will be
> stopping development of it, and just link to it as a contributed product
> (or whatever), as they do for SeaMonkey??

It may join the list of Mozilla based products found here.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/projects/mozilla-based/ which is from the
link in, "See even more awesome software based on Mozilla
technologies.", found near the bottom of
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/

--
WaltS using Fedora 17 (64-bit) KDE 4.8.5
Thunderbird Beta

WLS wrote:

 > "See even more awesome software based on Mozilla technologies."

"Awesome" ?  Do Mozilla copywriters have any idea what "awe" really
is, or do they just use hyperbole in the hopes that there will be
at least one person in the world stupid enough to believe them ?

Philip Taylor
0
Philip
8/23/2012 12:52:21 PM
On 08/23/2012 08:52 AM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> WLS wrote:
>
>> "See even more awesome software based on Mozilla technologies."
>
> "Awesome" ?  Do Mozilla copywriters have any idea what "awe" really
> is, or do they just use hyperbole in the hopes that there will be
> at least one person in the world stupid enough to believe them ?
>
> Philip Taylor

I was just looking over the awesome software based on Mozilla
technologies, and came across an email application called Zimbra
Desktop, and had to try it.

Looks nice for an email only application.

--
WaltS using Fedora 17 (64-bit) KDE 4.8.5
Thunderbird Daily

How do I get to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/> from the home
page at <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>?

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
� 1997 by David E. Ross
0
David
8/23/2012 5:13:27 PM

David E. Ross wrote:

> How do I get to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/> from the home
> page at <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>?

I find that clicking on the word "Products" has the desired effect.
Philip Taylor
0
Philip
8/23/2012 5:21:27 PM
On 08/23/2012 01:21 PM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> How do I get to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/> from the home
>> page at <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>?
>
> I find that clicking on the word "Products" has the desired effect.
> Philip Taylor

WFM :)

--
WaltS using Fedora 17 (64-bit) KDE 4.8.5
Thunderbird Beta
0
WLS
8/23/2012 5:34:32 PM
On 8/23/12 10:21 AM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> How do I get to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/> from the home
>> page at <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>?
>
> I find that clicking on the word "Products" has the desired effect.
> Philip Taylor

I went to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/> and did a "Find in This Page"
for "Products" (yes, without the quote marks).  That word does not
appear on the page.

In the top-right corner of <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>, there is the
word "Mozilla" with a V.  Selecting that, a header area appears with a
list of "Products" and other lists.  However, "Products" is not a link;
and clicking it does not have any effect.

Instead, to the left of the "Products" list is a list headed "Mozilla".
 Under that list is "Projects".  To get the "Mozilla Products � Built by
us, for the Web � mozilla.org" page, it is necessary to select
"Projects".  This is clearly NOT intuitive.  Since when do Projects =
Products?  And if they do equal each other, why in the header area are
they in separate lists?

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
� 1997 by David E. Ross
0
David
8/23/2012 6:38:34 PM

David E. Ross wrote:

> On 8/23/12 10:21 AM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

>> I find that clicking on the word "Products" has the desired effect.
>> Philip Taylor
>>

> I went to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/> and did a "Find in This Page"
> for "Products" (yes, without the quote marks).  That word does not
> appear on the page.

I see these words at the very top of the page (no need for search) :

>     Mission
>     About
>     Products
>     Get Involved

All are hyperlinks.

Philip Taylor
0
Philip
8/23/2012 6:43:11 PM
On 8/23/12 11:43 AM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> On 8/23/12 10:21 AM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>
>>> I find that clicking on the word "Products" has the desired effect.
>>> Philip Taylor
>>>

>> I went to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/> and did a "Find in This Page"
>> for "Products" (yes, without the quote marks).  That word does not
>> appear on the page.
>
> I see these words at the very top of the page (no need for search) :
>

>>     Mission
>>     About
>>     Products
>>     Get Involved
>>

> All are hyperlinks.
>
> Philip Taylor

When I go to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>, I get the page displayed
as shown at <http://www.rossde.com/test/www.mozilla.org-1.jpg>.  Note
that the vertical scrollbar in the image is to the top.  Nothing is
hidden above what you see.

I then select the link "Mozilla" (around which I have drawn a red line).
 That changes the display to what is shown at
<http://www.rossde.com/test/www.mozilla.org-2.jpg>.  Note that the word
"Products" does NOT appear under the "Mozilla" list.  Instead, the word
"Projects" appears (around which I have drawn another red line).

I notice that you are in the UK.  Is it possible that
<http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/> and <http://www.mozilla.org/en-UK/> are
different?  I cannot get the latter; all attempts revert back to the
former.  I'm not even sure there is a <http://www.mozilla.org/en-UK/>.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
� 1997 by David E. Ross
0
David
8/23/2012 7:26:41 PM

David E. Ross wrote:

> When I go to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>, I get the page displayed
> as shown at <http://www.rossde.com/test/www.mozilla.org-1.jpg>.  Note
> that the vertical scrollbar in the image is to the top.  Nothing is
> hidden above what you see.

Whereas what I see is at :

	http://philip-taylor.org/Resources/Images/Screen-Captures/Fullscreen%20capture%2023082012%20203329.jpg

(sorry about the spaces : Picasa artifact).

But as you can see in both, Mozilla is proudly "Different by design",
so perhaps they serve a different page to each and every visitor ...

P.S. No, I am visiting the en-US site, not a local variant thereof.

Philip Taylor
0
Philip
8/23/2012 7:43:50 PM
On 08/23/2012 03:43 PM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> When I go to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>, I get the page displayed
>> as shown at <http://www.rossde.com/test/www.mozilla.org-1.jpg>.  Note
>> that the vertical scrollbar in the image is to the top.  Nothing is
>> hidden above what you see.
>
> Whereas what I see is at :
>
>     http://philip-taylor.org/Resources/Images/Screen-Captures/Fullscreen%20capture%2023082012%20203329.jpg
>

> (sorry about the spaces : Picasa artifact).
>
> But as you can see in both, Mozilla is proudly "Different by design",
> so perhaps they serve a different page to each and every visitor ...
>
> P.S. No, I am visiting the en-US site, not a local variant thereof.
>
> Philip Taylor

Seeing the same as you Phillip, and you beat me to posting a screenshot.

--
WaltS using Fedora 17 (64-bit) KDE 4.8.5
Thunderbird Release

WLS wrote:

> Seeing the same as you Phillip, and you beat me to posting a screenshot.

Effect of UA override, perhaps ?

> general.useragent.override : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.11

Philip Taylor
0
Philip
8/23/2012 8:00:56 PM
Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> WLS wrote:
>
>> Seeing the same as you Phillip, and you beat me to posting a screenshot.
>
> Effect of UA override, perhaps ?
>
>> general.useragent.override : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0)
>> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.11
>
> Philip Taylor

Well, I was testing it with Firefox, but see the same page using SeaMonkey.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120717 Firefox/14.0.1
SeaMonkey/2.11

If you are not aware of SeaMonkey, it would be kind of hard to be using
it to open mozilla.org.

ymmv

--
WaltS using Fedora 17 (64-bit) KDE 4.8.5
SeaMonkey Release
"Dan B." <danb@kempt.net> wrote:

> =C2=BBQ=C2=AB wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:45:42 -0700
> > NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:
> >=20
> >>
> >> Are you serious?
> >>
> >> Never mind, I reckon you are. Thanks for playing anyway.
> >=20
> > IMO, it's the best reply yet.  ISTM that's what the overwhelming
> > majority of new or prospective SeaMonkey users will do, not dry to
> > drill down to it from mozilla.org's front page. =20
>=20
> That only applies to users who already know they want SeaMonkey.

Yeah, that was the context of the discussion that went before;  the OP
was talking about people who were looking for SeaMonkey. =20
=20
> What about the people who don't know about SeaMonkey but might choose
> to use it if, in looking for Firefox and/or Thunderbird, see SeaMonkey
> listed as sibling product?

For people who come to their site looking for Firefox, Mozilla is
trying to give them the experience of finding it quickly without having
to see stuff about anything else, including SeaMonkey.  IMO, that's what
they should be doing, but you know what they say about opinions....

0
UTF
8/23/2012 11:26:12 PM
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:23:40 +1000
Daniel <dxmm@albury.nospam.net.au> wrote:

> Some would suggest that Mozilla.org would not display SeaMonkey
> prominently because Mozilla don't produce/develop it. I wonder if
> Mozilla will now (or after V16) de-list Thunderbird, as they will be
> stopping development of it, and just link to it as a contributed
> product (or whatever), as they do for SeaMonkey??

I haven't seen anything about Thunderbird no longer being a Mozilla
product, just Mozilla no longer trying to add innovation to it.  Do you
have a link?

0
UTF
8/23/2012 11:32:50 PM
On 8/23/12 12:43 PM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> When I go to <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>, I get the page displayed
>> as shown at <http://www.rossde.com/test/www.mozilla.org-1.jpg>.  Note
>> that the vertical scrollbar in the image is to the top.  Nothing is
>> hidden above what you see.
>
> Whereas what I see is at :
>
> 	http://philip-taylor.org/Resources/Images/Screen-Captures/Fullscreen%20capture%2023082012%20203329.jpg
>
> (sorry about the spaces : Picasa artifact).
>
> But as you can see in both, Mozilla is proudly "Different by design",
> so perhaps they serve a different page to each and every visitor ...
>
> P.S. No, I am visiting the en-US site, not a local variant thereof.
>
> Philip Taylor

Windows XP SP3
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120715 SeaMonkey/2.11

I launched SeaMonkey 2.11 in Safe Mode.  I set preferences for all
images, all cookies, and enabling "Advertise Firefox compatibility".  On
visiting <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/>, I see what your image shows,
but only for one or two seconds.  Then, the display flickers and appears
per my image.  Can you please try this same test?

Is it possible that you and I are looking at different mirrors of the
site?  For me, <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/> is at 63.245.217.105.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
� 1997 by David E. Ross
0
David
8/24/2012 12:41:46 AM
�Q� wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:23:40 +1000
> Daniel <dxmm@albury.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>
>> Some would suggest that Mozilla.org would not display SeaMonkey
>> prominently because Mozilla don't produce/develop it. I wonder if
>> Mozilla will now (or after V16) de-list Thunderbird, as they will be
>> stopping development of it, and just link to it as a contributed
>> product (or whatever), as they do for SeaMonkey??
>
> I haven't seen anything about Thunderbird no longer being a Mozilla
> product, just Mozilla no longer trying to add innovation to it.  Do you
> have a link?

No, Q, just the talk here about Moz only doing future security updates
for TB, any other dev being handed over to the "community".

--
Daniel
0
NoOp wrote:
> Sort of like 'Where's Waldo'[1] ...
>
> See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages.
>
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
> Nope. Not there.
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/
> Nope. Not there.
> SeaMonkey isn't a "Product".
> Hint: You can indeed get to a page with SeaMonkey on it from there...
> see how easy it is for you to find it.
>
> When you do get to the page, SeaMonkey is spelled 'Seamonkey'. Not only
> do Mozilla dis SeaMonkey by hiding it three obscure pages in, but then
> they spell it with a lowercase 'm'.
>
> My we are a select & special project group aren't we?
>
> [1] <http://www.findwaldo.com/>
> <http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page>

Yes, I complained about this to Mozilla and they said if SeaMonkey hit 1
million download they'd put it next to Firefox on their front page,
which is BS since people can't find it easily, I told them that and that
previously SeaMonkey was next to FireFox on Mozilla front page, but they
played the fool. I think is because Goocle Chrome passed FireFox
downloads in 1 month/week and they want to "boost" FF download number.
0
zfhgfhfj

How do I import SeaMonkey v2.0.14's addressbooks into SeaMonkey v2.9.1's addresbooks?
Hello! I did a clean installation of v2.9.1 and manually copied over my old SM v2.0.14 addressbooks, bookmarks, and e-mails to my Linux/Debian box. I got my bookmarks imported manually, but I can't seem to import my old addresssbooks from *.mab files. Do I really have to export them to non ..mab formats and then import from them? Thank you in advance. :) -- "The ants are back Ted!" --Dougal from Father Ted TV show. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.ne...

Switching between SeaMonkey's e-mail client's tabs.
Hello. Is there a way to disable the annoying back to the top of the e-mail when switching to its tab that I scrolled down earlier? Thank you in advance. :) -- "I made my list for my birthday." --Christopher. "Yeah, what'd you put on there? - A basketball or an ant farm." and "This could be an ant farm. This could be a microscope or anything." --Chris from The Pursuit of Happyness movie. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |...

Where is Seamonkey's DATA Manager's Domain list stored?
Hi, I'm using Seamonkey 2.10.1 with two profiles, operating under Windows XP SP3. When I access Tools - Data Manager in Seamonkey, there is a column on the left side of the screen which contains a large alpha sorted list of all domains visited during previous browsing sessions. I have two questions about this Domain list: [1] Where is the data stored? It does not appear to be using the history file [?] [2] Is it possible to permanently clear any, or all domains listed there? If I right click on a doman name I see a button labelled "Forget about this...

where is Seamonkey's Email 'temporary folder'?
Name: Walt R. Email: wmreinemerattnsdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: where is Seamonkey's Email 'temporary folder'? Comments: Sir, I am running Seamonkey 1.7.0 on Slackware10.2. After installing some software this afternoon I was unable to send an email. I beleive a rogue installer script changed all of the permissions in my /tmp directory. I recieved the following "Send Message Error: "Unable to open the temporary file. 'Check your 'Temporary Directory' settings"" when trying to either send or save a draft email. I have spent...

superreview requested: [Bug 408248] When Seamonkey is launched from the command line with 'seamonkey.exe "? queryterm"', it throws an error message instead of launching the default search engine and s
neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> has asked jag (Peter Annema) <jag@tty.nl> for superreview: Bug 408248: When Seamonkey is launched from the command line with 'seamonkey.exe "? queryterm"', it throws an error message instead of launching the default search engine and searching for 'queryterm', the expected behaviour in Windows XP https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=408248 Attachment 294981: Proposed patch https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=294981&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <...

Message-Headers are erroneously ADDED AT THE SUBJECT in SeaMonkey's Thread-pane's "Subject" window
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=776096 SM created itself the bug - because i have the problem in the "Sent" folder. No one interested ? Ray_Net wrote: > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=776096 > > SM created itself the bug - because i have the problem in the "Sent" > folder. > > No one interested ? > You really should keep up with updates. I don't see your problem using SeaMonkey 2.16.2. SeaMonkey 2.17 should be out this week. -- openSUSE 12.3 (64-bit) KDE 4.10.0 SeaMonkey Release WaltS...

SeaMonkey Bug
Just noticed that 1) the 'Close Tab' button on the Tab Toolbar is smaller than the 'Open a New Tab' button, and 2) that it doesn't have a Tooltip. I've many times wondered why a tab wouldn't go away when I was clicking that Close Tab button. It was first now that I realized that the button didn't fill up the entire height (and the relative width) of the Tab Tool, and thus leaving an inactive area around it. I see no reason for NOT utilizing the whole height for the 'Close Tab' button, as is done for the 'Open a New Tab' button. ...

superreview granted: [Bug 229737] [RFE] Favicons for XUL error pages : [Attachment 193389] address Neil's comments, fix seamonkey's check
neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil.parkwaycc.co.uk@myrealbox.com> has granted Mike Connor <mconnor@steelgryphon.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 229737: [RFE] Favicons for XUL error pages https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=229737 Attachment 193389: address Neil's comments, fix seamonkey's check https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=193389&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil.parkwaycc.co.uk@myrealbox.com> >- var url = getWebNavigation().currentURI.spec >+ var url = document.documentURI.spec ...

superreview requested: [Bug 229737] [RFE] Favicons for XUL error pages : [Attachment 193389] address Neil's comments, fix seamonkey's check
Mike Connor <mconnor@steelgryphon.com> has asked neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil.parkwaycc.co.uk@myrealbox.com> for superreview: Bug 229737: [RFE] Favicons for XUL error pages https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=229737 Attachment 193389: address Neil's comments, fix seamonkey's check https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=193389&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Mike Connor <mconnor@steelgryphon.com> this addresses all but the 256 color-safe issue, which is an edge case ...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

superreview requested: [Bug 361730] Seamonkey _deletes_ mail file if the mail file's size is greater than 2GiB and the .msf file has zero length : [Attachment 246709] biesi's proposal
David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> has asked Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org> for superreview: Bug 361730: Seamonkey _deletes_ mail file if the mail file's size is greater than 2GiB and the .msf file has zero length https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=361730 Attachment 246709: biesi's proposal https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=246709&action=edit ...

superreview granted: [Bug 361730] Seamonkey _deletes_ mail file if the mail file's size is greater than 2GiB and the .msf file has zero length : [Attachment 246709] biesi's proposal
Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org> has granted David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 361730: Seamonkey _deletes_ mail file if the mail file's size is greater than 2GiB and the .msf file has zero length https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=361730 Attachment 246709: biesi's proposal https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=246709&action=edit ...

superreview canceled: [Bug 190974] [IMAP] Can't manage mail by 'deleted' flag : [Attachment 300024] Original implementation plus Karsten's SeaMonkey addition.
Jeff Beckley <beckley@qualcomm.com> has canceled Dale Wiggins <dwiggins@qualcomm.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 190974: [IMAP] Can't manage mail by 'deleted' flag https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=190974 Attachment 300024: Original implementation plus Karsten's SeaMonkey addition. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=300024&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Jeff Beckley <beckley@qualcomm.com> Here's a clean version of the patch with the duplicate file diff removed. ...

Can't open PDF's in Seamonkey
Hey all, I'm having issues opening PDF's in Seamonkey, works fine in Firefox and IE, just seamonkey comes up with an error. I've gone in to the edit preferences helpers and everything seams to be set correctly using Adobe Reader, I've even gone in and changed them to something else shut down seamonkey and then changed them back to adobe, but nothing seams to work. Any ideas? TIA Eric On 9/8/13 7:53 PM, Eric wrote: > Hey all, > > I'm having issues opening PDF's in Seamonkey, works fine in Firefox and > IE, just seamonkey comes u...

Web resources about - SeaMonkey - Mozilla's Where's SeaMonkey challenge - mozilla.support.seamonkey