Seamonkey misbehaving

Looking at
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/may/10/a-totem-in-times-square-new-york-as-it-might-have-looked-in-pictures
they have several pictures with "sliders".  To the left of the slider
you see how a place looks now, to the right you see how it actually looks.
Under Seamonkey I see what could have been on both sides of the sliders.
Under Firefox ESR I see things as they are meant to be.

What is so different between Seamonkey 2.49.4 and Firefox 60.6.2esr?

--
spammus ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0

On 5/10/2019 1:20 AM, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
> Looking at
> https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/may/10/a-totem-in-times-square-new-york-as-it-might-have-looked-in-pictures
> they have several pictures with "sliders".  To the left of the slider
> you see how a place looks now, to the right you see how it actually looks.
> Under Seamonkey I see what could have been on both sides of the sliders.
> Under Firefox ESR I see things as they are meant to be.
>
> What is so different between Seamonkey 2.49.4 and Firefox 60.6.2esr?

Windows 7
SeaMonkey 2.49.4

I see the same problem (1) while spoofing Firefox 66.0 and (2) actually
using real Internet Explorer 11.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump claims he is the most open and transparent
President ever.  Then why does he refuse to disclose his tax
returns, financial statements, and visitor schedule the way
previous Presidents did?
0
David
5/10/2019 2:42:22 PM
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
> Looking at
> https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/may/10/a-totem-in-times-square-new-york-as-it-might-have-looked-in-pictures
> they have several pictures with "sliders".  To the left of the slider you see
> how a place looks now, to the right you see how it actually looks.
> Under Seamonkey I see what could have been on both sides of the sliders.
> Under Firefox ESR I see things as they are meant to be.
>
> What is so different between Seamonkey 2.49.4 and Firefox 60.6.2esr?

Different rendering engine, perhaps?  With both SeaMonkey and Pale Moon I see
what you describe, but with Slimjet (webkit engine) the display works as intended.

0
EE
5/10/2019 7:12:14 PM
EE wrote:
> Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>> Looking at
>> https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/may/10/a-totem-in-times-square-new-york-as-it-might-have-looked-in-pictures
>> they have several pictures with "sliders".  To the left of the slider
>> you see how a place looks now, to the right you see how it actually
>> looks.
>> Under Seamonkey I see what could have been on both sides of the sliders.
>> Under Firefox ESR I see things as they are meant to be.
>>
>> What is so different between Seamonkey 2.49.4 and Firefox 60.6.2esr?
>>

> Different rendering engine, perhaps?  With both SeaMonkey and Pale Moon
> I see what you describe, but with Slimjet (webkit engine) the display
> works as intended.

Windows 10 64 bit
SM 64 bit 2.53 from:
     https://www.m64.info/index.php/seamonkey-64-bit-download

SM User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53
Build identifier: 20190226130005

Above website works as intended.  No problems with this build of SM.
0
Mark
5/10/2019 7:28:42 PM
Don't use anything from here:

https://www.m64.info/index.php/seamonkey-64-bit-download

If you want 2.53 get it from http://wg9s.com/comm-253/

Even while unofficial this is the only approved source unless you get it
directly from me or another dev.

FRG

Mark B wrote:
> EE wrote:
>> Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>>> Looking at
>>> https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/may/10/a-totem-in-times-square-new-york-as-it-might-have-looked-in-pictures
>>> they have several pictures with "sliders".  To the left of the slider you
>>> see how a place looks now, to the right you see how it actually looks.
>>> Under Seamonkey I see what could have been on both sides of the sliders.
>>> Under Firefox ESR I see things as they are meant to be.
>>>
>>> What is so different between Seamonkey 2.49.4 and Firefox 60.6.2esr?
>>>

>> Different rendering engine, perhaps?  With both SeaMonkey and Pale Moon I
>> see what you describe, but with Slimjet (webkit engine) the display works as
>> intended.
>>

> Windows 10 64 bit
> SM 64 bit 2.53 from:
>      https://www.m64.info/index.php/seamonkey-64-bit-download
>
> SM User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0)
> Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53
> Build identifier: 20190226130005
>
> Above website works as intended.  No problems with this build of SM.
0
Frank
5/10/2019 8:01:03 PM
David E. Ross wrote:
> On 5/10/2019 1:20 AM, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>> Looking at
>> https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/may/10/a-totem-in-times-square-new-york-as-it-might-have-looked-in-pictures
>> they have several pictures with "sliders".  To the left of the slider
>> you see how a place looks now, to the right you see how it actually looks.
>> Under Seamonkey I see what could have been on both sides of the sliders.
>> Under Firefox ESR I see things as they are meant to be.
>>
>> What is so different between Seamonkey 2.49.4 and Firefox 60.6.2esr?
>>

> Windows 7
> SeaMonkey 2.49.4
>
> I see the same problem (1) while spoofing Firefox 66.0 and (2) actually
> using real Internet Explorer 11.

In the comments section of that page, someone else reported that neither
Internet Explorer (no level specified) nor Edge handled the page
correctly.  I was rather surprised that Firefox ESR could.
The "Advertise Firefox Compatability" setting makes no difference.