SeaMonkey Does Not Work In Windows 10

Recently, due to a computer crash, I was forced to =E2=80=9Cupgrade=E2=80=
=9D from Windows XP to Windows 10. I installed Netscape 7.02 with the expre=
ss purpose of using the WSYWIG composer.  It worked one time but now =E2=80=
=9Clocks up=E2=80=9D and gets a Not Responding error. I downloaded SeaMonke=
y 2.49.5 as well as KomPozer 7.10 but they both do the same thing. Do the a=
bove programs work with Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong? If those =
programs are not compatible with Windows 10 can anyone recommend a WSYWIG H=
TML editor similar to Netscape / SeaMonkey / KomPozer that is?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!
0
riskerjoe
11/30/2019 1:01:01 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13297 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

11 Replies
13 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 44

On 11/29/19 8:42 PM, riskerjoe@gmail.com wrote:
> Recently, due to a computer crash, I was forced to =E2=80=9Cupgrade=E2=80=
=9D from Windows XP to Windows 10. I installed Netscape 7.02 with the exp=
ress purpose of using the WSYWIG composer.  It worked one time but now =E2=
=80=9Clocks up=E2=80=9D and gets a Not Responding error. I downloaded Sea=
Monkey 2.49.5 as well as KomPozer 7.10 but they both do the same thing. D=
o the above programs work with Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong? =
If those programs are not compatible with Windows 10 can anyone recommend=
 a WSYWIG HTML editor similar to Netscape / SeaMonkey / KomPozer that is?=

>=20
> Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!
>=20

Not exactly what you are looking for but Geany works for me.

You create the HTML in Geany, click the "Run or view the current file"=20
button in the toolbar and the page opens in the default browser on your=20
system.

<https://www.geany.org/>

--=20
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

0
WaltS48
11/30/2019 1:54:43 AM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/29/19 8:42 PM, riskerjoe@gmail.com wrote:
>> Recently, due to a computer crash, I was forced to “upgrade” from 
>> Windows XP to Windows 10. I installed Netscape 7.02 with the express 
>> purpose of using the WSYWIG composer.  It worked one time but now 
>> “locks up” and gets a Not Responding error. I downloaded SeaMonkey 
>> 2.49.5 as well as KomPozer 7.10 but they both do the same thing. Do 
>> the above programs work with Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong? 
>> If those programs are not compatible with Windows 10 can anyone 
>> recommend a WSYWIG HTML editor similar to Netscape / SeaMonkey / 
>> KomPozer that is?
>>
>> Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!
>>
> 
> Not exactly what you are looking for but Geany works for me.
> 
> You create the HTML in Geany, click the "Run or view the current file" 
> button in the toolbar and the page opens in the default browser on your 
> system.
> 
> <https://www.geany.org/>
> 
Seamonkey 2.49.5 works fine in Windows 10 for me.

I like BlueGriffon (http://bluegriffon.org/) as a WYSIWYG HTML composer.
0
Mark
11/30/2019 3:24:58 AM
Thanks for the tips. I will give those editors a try.

My problem seems to be similar to BigBlue's below:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.support.seamonkey/O3Y5NtgQoJ8

Netscape / SeaMonkey / KomPozer open fine but as soon as I try to load a file all three programs crash. I would like to run one of the programs in Windows 10 or some similar Mozilla based WYSIWIG HTML editor.
0
riskerjoe
11/30/2019 3:56:18 AM
On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 19:56:18 -0800 (PST), riskerjoe@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for the tips. I will give those editors a try.
> 
> My problem seems to be similar to BigBlue's below:
> 
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.support.seamonkey/O3Y5NtgQoJ8
> 
> Netscape / SeaMonkey / KomPozer open fine but as soon as I try to load a file all three programs crash. I would like to run one of the programs in Windows 10 or some similar Mozilla based WYSIWIG HTML editor.

I bought Microsoft Expression Web before it became free. I would not use
anything else.
-- 
Jim S
0
Jim
11/30/2019 10:07:57 AM
riskerjoe@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for the tips. I will give those editors a try.
> 
> My problem seems to be similar to BigBlue's below:
> 
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.support.seamonkey/O3Y5NtgQoJ8
> 
> Netscape / SeaMonkey / KomPozer open fine but as soon as I try to load a file all three programs crash. I would like to run one of the programs in Windows 10 or some similar Mozilla based WYSIWIG HTML editor.
> 

If it does open and run for a time untio you try to load a file post a crash 
id from about:crashes.

FRG
0
Frank
11/30/2019 11:40:23 AM
riskerjoe@gmail.com wrote:
> Recently, due to a computer crash, I was forced to “upgrade” from Windows XP to Windows 10. I installed Netscape 7.02 with the express purpose of using the WSYWIG composer.  It worked one time but now “locks up” and gets a Not Responding error. I downloaded SeaMonkey 2.49.5 as well as KomPozer 7.10 but they both do the same thing. Do the above programs work with Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong? If those programs are not compatible with Windows 10 can anyone recommend a WSYWIG HTML editor similar to Netscape / SeaMonkey / KomPozer that is?
> 
> Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!
> 
I do not believe the problem is with the browsers as I am still running 
Netscape 2.49 composer along with SeaMonkey 2.29.5 without a problem.

I would suggest that in Windows you go to Control Panel > Administrative 
Tools > Event Viewer and find out why the programs are hanging.



-- 
Stan Gondek
Multi Path Communications
https://www.m-p-c.com
0
stango
11/30/2019 2:23:47 PM
stango wrote:
> riskerjoe@gmail.com wrote:
>> Recently, due to a computer crash, I was forced to 
>> “upgrade” from Windows XP to Windows 10. I installed 
>> Netscape 7.02 with the express purpose of using the WSYWIG composer.  
>> It worked one time but now “locks up” and gets a Not 
>> Responding error. I downloaded SeaMonkey 2.49.5 as well as KomPozer 
>> 7.10 but they both do the same thing. Do the above programs work with 
>> Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong? If those programs are not 
>> compatible with Windows 10 can anyone recommend a WSYWIG HTML editor 
>> similar to Netscape / SeaMonkey / KomPozer that is?
>>
>> Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!
>>
> I do not believe the problem is with the browsers as I am still running 
> Netscape 2.49 composer along with SeaMonkey 2.29.5 without a problem.
> 
> I would suggest that in Windows you go to Control Panel > Administrative 
> Tools > Event Viewer and find out why the programs are hanging.
> 
> 
> 
That should have said SeaMonkey 2.49.4. Case of fumble fingers.



-- 
Stan Gondek
Multi Path Communications
https://www.m-p-c.com
0
stango
11/30/2019 2:26:29 PM
I'm not sure if this is error log or not:

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path:	C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	AppHangB1
Application Name:	seamonkey.exe
Application Version:	52.9.1.7156
Application Timestamp:	5d4794cd
Hang Signature:	c4fb
Hang Type:	134217729
OS Version:	10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:	1033
Additional Hang Signature 1:	c4fb1ef728d9c39980895e7dd7ba013b
Additional Hang Signature 2:	30ed
Additional Hang Signature 3:	30ed5d4534b22c72856122e7fd0d5ba0
Additional Hang Signature 4:	abab
Additional Hang Signature 5:	abab502cf93dc1e1aab6a51e842087ce
Additional Hang Signature 6:	1922
Additional Hang Signature 7:	1922df7442b6d0e891635685e8895dee

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:	8f5d84cd54e69e4a74b2238e39158673 (1491293520363095667)

One additional thing listed elsewhere is - Hang Type: Cross-Thread

Any help getting SeaMonkey to work would be greatly appreciated!
0
riskerjoe
11/30/2019 3:28:25 PM
stango wrote on 1/12/2019 1:26 AM:
> stango wrote:
>> riskerjoe@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Recently, due to a computer crash, I was forced to 
>>> “upgrade” from Windows XP to Windows 10. I installed 
>>> Netscape 7.02 with the express purpose of using the WSYWIG composer. 
>>> It worked one time but now “locks up” and gets a Not 
>>> Responding error. I downloaded SeaMonkey 2.49.5 as well as KomPozer 
>>> 7.10 but they both do the same thing. Do the above programs work with 
>>> Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong? If those programs are not 
>>> compatible with Windows 10 can anyone recommend a WSYWIG HTML editor 
>>> similar to Netscape / SeaMonkey / KomPozer that is?
>>>
>>> Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!
>>>
>> I do not believe the problem is with the browsers as I am still 
>> running Netscape 2.49 composer along with SeaMonkey 2.29.5 without a 
>> problem.
>>
>> I would suggest that in Windows you go to Control Panel > 
>> Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and find out why the programs are 
>> hanging.
>>
> That should have said SeaMonkey 2.49.4. Case of fumble fingers.
> 
Hmm! I was more interested in your "running Netscape 2.49 composer"!! 
Was there such an edition?? ;-P

-- 
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 
SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134
0
Daniel
12/1/2019 8:43:13 AM
Daniel wrote:
> stango wrote on 1/12/2019 1:26 AM:
>> stango wrote:
>>> riskerjoe@gmail.com wrote:
>>>> Recently, due to a computer crash, I was forced to 
>>>> “upgrade” from Windows XP to Windows 
>>>> 10. I installed Netscape 7.02 with the express purpose of using the 
>>>> WSYWIG composer. It worked one time but now “locks 
>>>> up” and gets a Not Responding error. I downloaded 
>>>> SeaMonkey 2.49.5 as well as KomPozer 7.10 but they both do the same 
>>>> thing. Do the above programs work with Windows 10 or am I doing 
>>>> something wrong? If those programs are not compatible with Windows 
>>>> 10 can anyone recommend a WSYWIG HTML editor similar to Netscape / 
>>>> SeaMonkey / KomPozer that is?
>>>>
>>>> Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!
>>>>
>>> I do not believe the problem is with the browsers as I am still 
>>> running Netscape 2.49 composer along with SeaMonkey 2.29.5 without a 
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> I would suggest that in Windows you go to Control Panel > 
>>> Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and find out why the programs are 
>>> hanging.
>>>
>> That should have said SeaMonkey 2.49.4. Case of fumble fingers.
>>
> Hmm! I was more interested in your "running Netscape 2.49 composer"!! 
> Was there such an edition?? ;-P
> 
Finger Fumbled again, should be 4.79. I use it because it generates 
plain old HTML format which will run on most anything and can be easily 
modified / updated if needed using a more current HTML editor.



-- 
Stan Gondek
Multi Path Communications
https://www.m-p-c.com
0
stango
12/1/2019 4:25:38 PM
stango wrote on 2/12/2019 3:25 AM:
> Daniel wrote:
>> stango wrote on 1/12/2019 1:26 AM:
>>> stango wrote:
>>>> riskerjoe@gmail.com wrote:

<Snip>

>>>> I do not believe the problem is with the browsers as I am still 
>>>> running Netscape 2.49 composer along with SeaMonkey 2.29.5 without a 
>>>> problem.
>>>>
>>>> I would suggest that in Windows you go to Control Panel > 
>>>> Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and find out why the programs 
>>>> are hanging.
>>>>
>>> That should have said SeaMonkey 2.49.4. Case of fumble fingers.
>>>
>> Hmm! I was more interested in your "running Netscape 2.49 composer"!! 
>> Was there such an edition?? ;-P
>>
> Finger Fumbled again, should be 4.79. I use it because it generates 
> plain old HTML format which will run on most anything and can be easily 
> modified / updated if needed using a more current HTML editor.
> 
4.79 .... now that I used!

-- 
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 
SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134
0
Daniel
12/2/2019 8:23:13 AM
Reply: