SeaMonkey 2.53.5 released!

Did I miss a notice about the release of SeaMonkey 2.53.5 two days ago?
I found out when Mint Update showed it as available from Ubuntuzilla a
few minutes ago.  That is a first as well, as the maintainer usually
needed to be notified of the new release.

I just installed it and all looks good thus far.

Dave
0
David
11/15/2020 6:23:24 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13670 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

David H. Durgee wrote:
> Did I miss a notice about the release of SeaMonkey 2.53.5 two days ago?
> I found out when Mint Update showed it as available from Ubuntuzilla a
> few minutes ago.  That is a first as well, as the maintainer usually
> needed to be notified of the new release.
>
> I just installed it and all looks good thus far.
>
> Dave

I've seen a release notice for 2.53.5b1 - back at the end of October -
but there was none for the "real" 2.53.5.
Still, it is definitely there - the links
[1] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.53.5
[2] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.5/
both work.  According to the first of them it was released on Nov 13.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0
On 11/15/2020 10:23 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
> Did I miss a notice about the release of SeaMonkey 2.53.5 two days ago?
> I found out when Mint Update showed it as available from Ubuntuzilla a
> few minutes ago.  That is a first as well, as the maintainer usually
> needed to be notified of the new release.
>
> I just installed it and all looks good thus far.

Huh? Me too. I didn't get any https://blog.seamonkey-project.org's RSS
and newsgroup posts about it. https://www.seamonkey-project.org says it
is out. Um, I think someone (Edmund) forgot?
--
Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, z, tiredness, my
body, illnesses (e.g., COVID-19 & SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), heat,
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )
0
Ant
11/15/2020 8:21:38 PM
On 11/15/2020 12:21 PM, Ant wrote:
> On 11/15/2020 10:23 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
>> Did I miss a notice about the release of SeaMonkey 2.53.5 two days
>> ago? I found out when Mint Update showed it as available from
>> Ubuntuzilla a few minutes ago.  That is a first as well, as the
>> maintainer usually needed to be notified of the new release.
>>
>> I just installed it and all looks good thus far.
>
> Huh? Me too. I didn't get any https://blog.seamonkey-project.org's RSS
> and newsgroup posts about it. https://www.seamonkey-project.org says it
> is out. Um, I think someone (Edmund) forgot?

Finally, my RSS just notified me with
https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2020/11/16/seamonkey-2-53-5/. He even
said "... Just want to update everyone that SeaMonkey 2.53.5 has been
released.

The team is also following this up with a .1 release due to a bug in the
video code (that’s as specific that I can get as I haven’t caught up to
what’s going on)..."