SeaMonkey 2.49.5 thankful for the release.

Hi,

A big thanks to the developers on the release of 2.49.5

Seamonky 2.49.5 fixed a website that did not display correctly. Once
again thanks.

I would like to help out and test 2.53.x--I am hesitant since I have
heard that once you have installed 2.53.x the user profile changes and
is no longer compatible with 2.49.x so I am hesitant to do any testing.
Maybe when 2.53 is ready for full time use I will consider testing and
filing bugs.

Thanks developers and testers. BTW I am using MacOS.
0
Paul
9/5/2019 2:06:47 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13193 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Paul Bergsagel composed on 2019-09-04 21:06 (UTC-0500):

> I would like to help out and test 2.53.x--I am hesitant since I have
> heard that once you have installed 2.53.x the user profile changes and
> is no longer compatible with 2.49.x so I am hesitant to do any testing.
> Maybe when 2.53 is ready for full time use I will consider testing and
> filing bugs.

Create and use a different profile. I have more than a dozen to cover various
versions of Firefox, SeaMonkey and New/Pale Moon, 4 of which are typically running
at once, and for days at a time.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
0
Felix
9/5/2019 2:22:01 AM
On 9/4/2019 7:06 PM, Paul Bergsagel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A big thanks to the developers on the release of 2.49.5
>
> Seamonky 2.49.5 fixed a website that did not display correctly. Once
> again thanks.
>
> I would like to help out and test 2.53.x--I am hesitant since I have
> heard that once you have installed 2.53.x the user profile changes and
> is no longer compatible with 2.49.x so I am hesitant to do any testing.
> Maybe when 2.53 is ready for full time use I will consider testing and
> filing bugs.
>
> Thanks developers and testers. BTW I am using MacOS.

Before I update SeaMonkey, I copy all five of my profiles into a folder
named "Save SeaMonkey Profiles".  There have been a few instances where
I reverted back to a prior version of SeaMonkey, after which I delete my
profiles and replace them with the saved profiles.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Immigration authorities arrested 680 undocumented aliens in meat
processing facilities in Mississippi.  Employing someone who is not
legally in the U.S. is also illegal.  How many of the EMPLOYERS are
being criminally charged?  If none, why not?
0
David
9/5/2019 6:07:28 AM
Paul Bergsagel wrote on 05/09/2019 04:06:
> Hi,
>
> A big thanks to the developers on the release of 2.49.5
>
> Seamonky 2.49.5 fixed a website that did not display correctly. Once again thanks.
>
> I would like to help out and test 2.53.x--I am hesitant since I have heard that
> once you have installed 2.53.x the user profile changes and is no longer
> compatible with 2.49.x so I am hesitant to do any testing. Maybe when 2.53 is
> ready for full time use I will consider testing and filing bugs.
>
> Thanks developers and testers. BTW I am using MacOS.

Hi, please do it as you're using macOS! So we can compare our experience.
If you use Time Machine you can go back to the previous profile, or just
compress the current profile (it's inside
/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/SeaMonkey/Profiles/xxx.default)
and then if it's not working you just decompress it and go back.

I'm using 2.53 since a few monts and I have an odd problem affecting the GPU or
something that after a certain period of time makes the screen "flashing" just
like the video was broken and I need to shut off the Mac and restart. This is
happening more often if I use the Mail and News section of SeaMonkey; I also
noticed it happens less if I go in off-line several times a day. Very weird!

So I'd appreciate if you could try SM 2.53 on your Mac and tell me if it's
working fine.
NB: my sessionstore.json file is now about 18MB (it was up to 40 before).

0
Gabriel