Seamonkey 2.10 in Linux keeps crashing

Hi I know you folk are really totally windows centric, so
don't ignore linux or apple versions they have their place in OS land too.

T/he tgz2 file after decompression crashes going back a page especially
on the ABC aust website but others too.

  http://download.mozilla.org/?product=seamonkey-2.10&os=linux&lang=en-US

Gone back to 2.91 and 2.8 which are still branded 2.10 but don't crash,
guess their existing code repairs something bad in 2.10 code./

Regards
Rod

0
Rod
6/11/2012 3:12:08 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13684 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Rod wrote:
> Hi I know you folk are really totally windows centric, so
> don't ignore linux or apple versions they have their place in OS land too.
>
> T/he tgz2 file after decompression crashes going back a page especially
> on the ABC aust website but others too.
>
>   http://download.mozilla.org/?product=seamonkey-2.10&os=linux&lang=en-US
>
> Gone back to 2.91 and 2.8 which are still branded 2.10 but don't crash,
> guess their existing code repairs something bad in 2.10 code./
>
> Regards
> Rod

Can you please file a bug (reference it here) and link a few of the
crash report urls for these crashes?

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)
0
Rod wrote:
> Hi I know you folk are really totally windows centric, so
> don't ignore linux or apple versions they have their place in OS land too.
>
> T/he tgz2 file after decompression crashes going back a page especially
> on the ABC aust website but others too.
>
>   http://download.mozilla.org/?product=seamonkey-2.10&os=linux&lang=en-US
>
> Gone back to 2.91 and 2.8 which are still branded 2.10 but don't crash,
> guess their existing code repairs something bad in 2.10 code./
>
> Regards
> Rod

Rod, don't tar us all with that one "windows centric" brush.

I dual boot Mandriva Linux and Win7, vastly favouring MD, and I wouldn't
say TPTB here ignore Linux or Mac, but, if only a (relative) few in
general community use Mac/Linux, then it is reasonable to expect only a
(relative) few in SeaMonkey Dev community use Mac/Linux. However....

I'm currently using :-

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120604
SeaMonkey/2.10

and have been, mainly, updating since about 2.0, however I did do a d/l
of the complete 2.7 or 2.8 and been updating since then.

So if you have SM 2.9.1 working to your satisfaction, maybe you could
update to 2.10 by Help->Check for Updates!

--
Daniel

0
Daniel
6/11/2012 12:29:18 PM
Daniel wrote:
> Rod wrote:
>> Hi I know you folk are really totally windows centric, so
>> don't ignore linux or apple versions they have their place in OS land
>> too.
>>
>> T/he tgz2 file after decompression crashes going back a page especially
>> on the ABC aust website but others too.
>>
>>   http://download.mozilla.org/?product=seamonkey-2.10&os=linux&lang=en-US
>>
>> Gone back to 2.91 and 2.8 which are still branded 2.10 but don't crash,
>> guess their existing code repairs something bad in 2.10 code./
>>
>> Regards
>> Rod
>>

> Rod, don't tar us all with that one "windows centric" brush.
>
> I dual boot Mandriva Linux and Win7, vastly favouring MD, and I wouldn't
> say TPTB here ignore Linux or Mac, but, if only a (relative) few in
> general community use Mac/Linux, then it is reasonable to expect only a
> (relative) few in SeaMonkey Dev community use Mac/Linux. However....
>
> I'm currently using :-
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120604
> SeaMonkey/2.10
>
> and have been, mainly, updating since about 2.0, however I did do a d/l
> of the complete 2.7 or 2.8 and been updating since then.
>
> So if you have SM 2.9.1 working to your satisfaction, maybe you could
> update to 2.10 by Help->Check for Updates!

Rod, in my last, I forgot to mention that I opened my local ABC page,
Goulburn-Murray, went to National page, selected "Radio" from top menu,
selected, ABC Local Radio tab, selected "Tropical Queensland", looked at
the article about Bowls (including playing part of video), back two
levels to Local Radio page, selected "Broken Hill", played part of the
audio about "Silver City- Solar City", went up three levels to the
National Radio page and had a look at Dig Radio, back up to the ABC
homepage, then ABC Grandstand, then Cricket page to check the W.I. v Eng
test score.

Hope you consider that a reasonable work-out, without a problem!

--
Daniel

0
Daniel

Seamonkey 2.1/2.2 breaking Java plugin support on Centos 5 Linux?
I'm a long-time user of Seamonkey, from since it was called Mozilla. The recent 2.1 and 2.2 updates seem to have broken Java support on my Centos 5.5 box (32 bits) and I really can't figure this out. Seamonkey is installed in /usr/local. Starting from 2.1, the /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins directory is gone. As per the release notes, plugins are now managed on a per-user basis in $HOME/.mozilla/plugins So far, so good. I used to have a link in /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins pointing to /usr/local/jre1.6.0_12/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so (I install Sun's...

Seamonkey 2 keeps crashing on me
Hi, So far SM 2 remains extremely unstable here. It usually doesn't take longer than 10 minutes or so and it crashes. It still crashes a lot in LIBC063.DLL which I wrote about earlier. Sometimes it crashes in MOZJS.DLL and sometimes in XPCOMCOR.1888. But now I have found something different, a URL that instantly kills SM2, reproducibly, each and every time: http://www.friseur-videos.de/frisurentrends/great-lengths-zeigt-trendige-looks-mit-extensions/ Going to this URL reproducibly kills SM 2, SM dies so fast it doesn't make an entry in the session log, not even an...

Seamonkey 2.1 and Seamonkey 2.0
Hi, I'm using Seamonkey 2.1 nightly builds but sometimes by mistake I launch Seamonkey 2.0 and then in Seamonkey 2.1 I have not history and no bookmarks. How fixing it? Seamonkey 2.1b3pre mail window look very pretty! -- Sorry for my bad english, the british dictionnary is disabled by nightly build and I don't speak english fluently. St�phane http://pasdenom.info St=E9phane Gr=E9goire schrieb: > I'm using Seamonkey 2.1 nightly builds but sometimes by mistake I launc= h > Seamonkey 2.0 and then in Seamonkey 2.1 I have not history and no bookm= ark...

Seamonkey 2.10.1 continues crashing
Windows XP For several weeks I realize that seamonkey crashes very often never asking for a crash report. Sometimes it happens when I change an address in the address book or when I want to send an e-mail often also at other times. What could be the reason? My mail folders are meanwhile quite big. Could that be a reason? Thanks for any advice. Klaus Weber Klaus Weber wrote: > Windows XP > > For several weeks I realize that seamonkey crashes very often never asking for a > crash report. Sometimes it happens when I change an address in the address book > or wh...

Chatzilla crashes
Also posted on mozilla.dev.apps.chatzilla, but that group seems to be pretty dead... First time using chatzilla w/SeaMonkey 2.0.1 (have been using it in earlier versions) and chatzilla crashes SeaMonkey. Crash report: <http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-14476590-a64c-4b8f-83eb-c1eef2091231> Reopened SeaMonkey, opened Chatzilla, opened the preferences (Edit|Preferences|Chatzilla) & tried closing preferences & Chatzilla and was able to reproduce the crash: <http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/c00f3e5c-8b13-4d66-9a9f-500ad2091231> Can a d...

Firefox 10.05esr and seamonkey-2.7.2.en-US.os2.10.5esr
Firefox 10.05esr has been released. I've also rebuilt SeaMonkey 2.7.2 with 10.05. Available at netlabs, users of 10.04 are encouraged to upgrade for the latest security fixes. No OS/2 specific changes in this release. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/10.0.5/releasenotes/ https://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefoxESR.html Dave ps I'll upload Thunderbird 10.05 over the weekend On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 06:20:39 UTC, Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo@gmail.com> wrote: Hi Dave, thanks so much! Do you have any hint to make Forecastfox work again? I always get the...

SeaMonkey 2.2 #2
I have just re-installed 2.0.14 and it works a treat. Don't mess with wot ain't broke. D. ...

Same profile in Seamonkey 2.4.1 and Seamonkey 2.6.1 ?
Hi, I will switch a computer from windows to linux and from Seamonkey 2.6.1 to Seamonkey 2.4.1 (I don't know why Ubuntu only have 2.6.1 on Precise alpha release). I think there no big differences between these two releases that will bring bug into profile. Am I false? On my computer I directly use Seamonkey from Mozilla, on that computer I don't want to have work, so I only keep Ubuntu repositories. -- Sorry for possible mistakes in English! http://pasdenom.info/ St�phane Gr�goire wrote: > Hi, > > I will switch a computer from windows to linux and...

SeaMonkey 2.0.10 on Linux not polling automatically my Local spool mail box (movemail type)
Hi, [SeaMonkey 2.0.10 on Linux Ubuntu 10.04] I have just one little problem with my mail. Although i've set it up to automatically poll at start my local spool box (movemail) and also every 5 minutes, nothing happens automatically... I must each time poll manually that spool box. All my others mail boxes are regularly checked automatically. Any tips ? Thanks, -- Oedipe Oedipe wrote: > [SeaMonkey 2.0.10 on Linux Ubuntu 10.04] > > I have just one little problem with my mail. Although i've set it up to > automatically poll at start my local spool ...

[Linux] SeaMonkey 2.6b1/2 not shutting down completely
I've noticed that 2.6 (both b1 and b2) is not shutting down completely and leave a 'seamonkey-bin' process running. Before closing I have SeaMonkey set to prompt me to clear: Browsing History, Location Bar History, Download History, Saved Form and Search History, Cache, Cookies, Offline Website Data, Authenticated Sessions. And, with only a few exceptions, I clear those every time. I'm thinking that one of these may not be getting fully cleared and that is why 'seamonkey-bin' is still working. I'll run memstat next time to see if I can pin down what's ...

SeaMonkey keeps crashing
The last couple of days my SeaMonkey Browser has been crashing and I'm getting that Windows box for report problems. I upgraded to the newest version of SeaMonkey tonight and it's still crashing. It seems to crash after I have been going form site to site for a while. Thanks for the help. Sharon Sharon Kuhns wrote: > The last couple of days my SeaMonkey Browser has been crashing and I'm > getting that Windows box for report problems. I upgraded to the newest > version of SeaMonkey tonight and it's still crashing. > > It seems to crash after...

SeaMonkey Crash.. #2
When I try to go to Adobe.com I get the following error: Faulting application seamon~1.exe, version 1.8.20080.4680, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001b1fa. I'm trying to install the latest version of Flash Player. Any ideas on how to fix this? -- JD.. JD wrote: > When I try to go to Adobe.com I get the following error: > > Faulting application seamon~1.exe, version 1.8.20080.4680, faulting > module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001b1fa. > > I'm trying to install the latest version of...

SeaMonkey crashing #2
I don't know why, but SeaMonkey has been crashing on start-up for the last 24-36 hours. Something completely new. Moreover, everytime I use Google, (which is not my home page), when I press enter or click on search, Seamonkey crashes too. So what do I do to start debugging this? John jtjohnston wrote: > I don't know why, but SeaMonkey has been crashing on start-up for the > last 24-36 hours. Something completely new. > Moreover, everytime I use Google, (which is not my home page), when I > press enter or click on search, Seamonkey crashes too. > So what do ...

Seamonkey Crash #2
Using CM 2.0.11 on HP P6204y, 6gb memory, 750 gb hard drive, Win 7 home premium I frequently get "Seamonkey crashed" quit Seamonkey or restart and details. Here are the details: Add-ons: {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}:1.3.2,{8A6C82A1-F6C9-481a-AAE7-C96444C9A754}:5.1.1,{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}:1.0,modern@themes.mozilla.org:1.0 BuildID: 20101123124820 CrashTime: 1293492718 InstallTime: 1292344168 ProductName: SeaMonkey SecondsSinceLastCrash: 100274 StartupTime: 1293468218 Theme: classic/1.0 Throttleable: 1 Any suggestions? This happens mo...

Web resources about - Seamonkey 2.10 in Linux keeps crashing - mozilla.support.seamonkey

The Hawaiian Seamonkey
Diving, eating, gardening, loving the Big Island of Hawaii

The SeaMonkey® Project
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkeyall-in-one internet application suite (see below).Such a software suite was ...

SeaMonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cross-platform Internet suite . It is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite , based on the same source code. Core Mozilla ...

Review: SeaMonkey 1.1.8 for the Mac
SeaMonkey 1.1.8, the Mozilla Foundation's all-in-one Internet application, combines browsing, e-mail, HTML editing, and IRC chat.

SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 arrives for testing
Based on the same Gecko browser engine as Firefox 6, SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 has been released for testing. It offers improvements to WebGL that ...

SeaMonkey Offers Browser, E-Mail, and Chat
... resuscitated a group of Internet tools built by Netscapewhose spin-off, Mozilla, brought out the popular Firefox Web browser. Renamed SeaMonkey ...

SeaMonkey, Mozilla's all-in-one Internet suite, releases new beta
The SeaMonkey Project has released SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 , a version that makes a lot of new functionality available to a wide audience for the ...

SeaMonkey review
Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML

SeaMonkey 2.33
... advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, all your Internet needs in one application. The SeaMonkey ...

Seamonkey 1.1 Released
stuuf writes "Version 1.1 of the Seamonkey Internet Application Suite is now available, with quite a few improvements over the 1.0 series. Some ...