sea monkey error message

I am not receiving email. We can send, but not receive.We get this error message, "Connection to server IMAP.charter.net timed out."
What's up?
0
shorrel
9/10/2019 7:02:24 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13195 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 10.09.19 21:02, shorrel.barb@gmail.com wrote:
> I am not receiving email. We can send, but not receive.We get this error message, "Connection to server IMAP.charter.net timed out."
> What's up?

Testing:
C:\01-sjouke\test>ping IMAP.charter.net

Pinging IMAP.charter.net [47.43.18.15] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 47.43.18.15:

C:\01-sjouke\test>

Try this in a cmd window on your computer.
You should get a response.
If not , it is either down, or has disappeared.
0
Sjouke
9/10/2019 7:10:18 PM
shorrel.barb@gmail.com wrote:
> I am not receiving email. We can send, but not receive.We get this error message, "Connection to server IMAP.charter.net timed out."
> What's up?

I  got a similar message. A reboot solved the problem.

Bill
0
Humpty
9/10/2019 10:46:13 PM
Sjouke Burry wrote:
> On 10.09.19 21:02, shorrel.barb@gmail.com wrote:
>> I am not receiving email. We can send, but not receive.We get this
>> error message, "Connection to server IMAP.charter.net timed out."
>> What's up?
>>
> Testing:
> C:\01-sjouke\test>ping IMAP.charter.net
>
> Pinging IMAP.charter.net [47.43.18.15] with 32 bytes of data:
>
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
>
> Ping statistics for 47.43.18.15:
>      Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
>
> C:\01-sjouke\test>
>
> Try this in a cmd window on your computer.
> You should get a response.
> If not , it is either down, or has disappeared.

Not all sites/servers reply to ping requests, firewalls can be set to
block them.

--
spammus ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0