Saving YouTube Videos ?

I used to be able to save YouTube Videos !
Like reloading cartridges, how to's, some music vids etc.

Now I have lost that ability when My Windows XP went south and I switched
to Windows 7.

Can anyone recommend a FREE YouTube Video saver that works ?
My daughter's wedding was put on YouTube - I can watch it, but can't
save it !

Help !

DoctorBill
0
DoctorBill
10/7/2018 9:33:49 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12997 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

DoctorBill wrote:
> I used to be able to save YouTube Videos !
> Like reloading cartridges, how to's, some music vids etc.
>
> Now I have lost that ability when My Windows XP went south and I switched
> to Windows 7.
>
> Can anyone recommend a FREE YouTube Video saver that works ?
> My daughter's wedding was put on YouTube - I can watch it, but can't
> save it !
>
> Help !
>
> DoctorBill

Sorry - I DO have the YouTube Extension for SM !   Have not done this
for AGES !
How do I invoke it !  I can get OPTIONS - but don't know what to do !

0
DoctorBill
10/7/2018 9:45:57 PM
On 10/7/2018 2:45 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote:
>> I used to be able to save YouTube Videos !
>> Like reloading cartridges, how to's, some music vids etc.
>>
>> Now I have lost that ability when My Windows XP went south and I switched
>> to Windows 7.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a FREE YouTube Video saver that works ?
>> My daughter's wedding was put on YouTube - I can watch it, but can't
>> save it !
>>
>> Help !
>>
>> DoctorBill
>
> Sorry - I DO have the YouTube Extension for SM !   Have not done this
> for AGES !
> How do I invoke it !  I can get OPTIONS - but don't know what to do !

If the extension works for you, you will see an icon on the YouTube
page, below and to the left of the video window.  Just select the icon.

However, I think YouTube changed something that disables the extension.

After I could no longer get the extension to work, I could copy the URI
of the YouTube page, paste it into a VideoLAN (VLC) menu, start playing
the YouTube video, and immediately have VLC record what was paying.
That no longer works.

If the VideoLAN developers fix this, the menu is reached via [Media >
Open Network Stream > Network].  This places the recorded stream in a
file at Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms.  From there, use VLC to
convert the file to MP4 or some other format that is inherently used by
VLC.  Of course, the fix might also make the recorded file-type inherent
to VLC.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Too often, Twitter is a source of verbal vomit.  Examples include Donald
Trump, Roseanne Barr, and Elon Musk.
0
David
10/7/2018 11:54:37 PM
David E. Ross wrote:
> On 10/7/2018 2:45 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
>> DoctorBill wrote:
>>> I used to be able to save YouTube Videos !
>>> Like reloading cartridges, how to's, some music vids etc.
>>>
>>> Now I have lost that ability when My Windows XP went south and I switched
>>> to Windows 7.
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a FREE YouTube Video saver that works ?
>>> My daughter's wedding was put on YouTube - I can watch it, but can't
>>> save it !
>>>
>>> Help !
>>>
>>> DoctorBill
>>
>> Sorry - I DO have the YouTube Extension for SM !   Have not done this
>> for AGES !
>> How do I invoke it !  I can get OPTIONS - but don't know what to do !
>>

> If the extension works for you, you will see an icon on the YouTube
> page, below and to the left of the video window.  Just select the icon.
>
> However, I think YouTube changed something that disables the extension.
>
> After I could no longer get the extension to work, I could copy the URI
> of the YouTube page, paste it into a VideoLAN (VLC) menu, start playing
> the YouTube video, and immediately have VLC record what was paying.
> That no longer works.
>
> If the VideoLAN developers fix this, the menu is reached via [Media >
> Open Network Stream > Network].  This places the recorded stream in a
> file at Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms.  From there, use VLC to
> convert the file to MP4 or some other format that is inherently used by
> VLC.  Of course, the fix might also make the recorded file-type inherent
> to VLC.

According to an Internet link, I am supposedly able to save via "VLC Media
Player" which I have....but what is said to do is not there on VLC Media
Player !

1   Find a video on YouTube�like this one�and copy the URL from the
address bar.
2   In VLC, head to Media > Open Network Stream.
3    Paste the YouTube link in the box and click Play.
4    Under Tools, click Codec Information.
5    In the box that says Location, right-click the block of text and
click Select All. Copy this text to your clipboard.
will open the source file directly on YouTube's servers.
7    Right-click the video as it plays and select Save Video As.

ODD - This works for your average YouTube Video, but NOT for my
daughter's wedding
video !  VLC Media Player give Big error message - goes APE !

Could the author of the video (she hired a photographer) have put some
code in there
to stop any copying like I'm trying to do ?

I hate being so damned ignorant......

DoctorBill
0
DoctorBill
10/8/2018 12:20:31 AM
On 10/7/18 8:20 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Sorry - I DO have the YouTube Extension for SM !�� Have not done this
>>> for AGES !
>>> How do I invoke it !� I can get OPTIONS - but don't know what to do !
>>>

>> If the extension works for you, you will see an icon on the YouTube
>> page, below and to the left of the video window.� Just select the icon.
>>
>> However, I think YouTube changed something that disables the extension.
>>
>> After I could no longer get the extension to work, I could copy the URI
>> of the YouTube page, paste it into a VideoLAN (VLC) menu, start playing
>> the YouTube video, and immediately have VLC record what was paying.
>> That no longer works.
>>
>> If the VideoLAN developers fix this, the menu is reached via [Media >
>> Open Network Stream > Network].� This places the recorded stream in a
>> file at Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms.� From there, use VLC to
>> convert the file to MP4 or some other format that is inherently used by
>> VLC.� Of course, the fix might also make the recorded file-type inherent
>> to VLC.
>>

> According to an Internet link, I am supposedly able to save via "VLC Media
> Player" which I have....but what is said to do is not there on VLC Media
> Player !
>
> 1�� Find a video on YouTube�like this one�and copy the URL from the
> address bar.
> 2�� In VLC, head to Media > Open Network Stream.
> 3��� Paste the YouTube link in the box and click Play.
> 4��� Under Tools, click Codec Information.
> 5��� In the box that says Location, right-click the block of text and
> click Select All. Copy this text to your clipboard.
> will open the source file directly on YouTube's servers.
> 7��� Right-click the video as it plays and select Save Video As.
>
> ODD - This works for your average YouTube Video, but NOT for my
> daughter's wedding
> video !� VLC Media Player give Big error message - goes APE !
>
> Could the author of the video (she hired a photographer) have put some
> code in there
> to stop any copying like I'm trying to do ?
>
> I hate being so damned ignorant......
>
> DoctorBill

Probably. It is his work.

Why not just buy a copy from the photographer?

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
WaltS48
DoctorBill wrote:
> I used to be able to save YouTube Videos !
> Like reloading cartridges, how to's, some music vids etc.
>
> Now I have lost that ability when My Windows XP went south and I switched
> to Windows 7.
>
> Can anyone recommend a FREE YouTube Video saver that works ?
> My daughter's wedding was put on YouTube - I can watch it, but can't
> save it !
>
> Help !
>
> DoctorBill

I found a FREE program called "ClipGrab" which worked the first time I
tried it !

https://clipgrab.org/

DoctorBill
0
DoctorBill
10/8/2018 1:15:11 AM
On 10/07/18 5:33 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
> I used to be able to save YouTube Videos !
> Like reloading cartridges, how to's, some music vids etc.
>
> Now I have lost that ability when My Windows XP went south and I switched
> to Windows 7.
>
> Can anyone recommend a FREE YouTube Video saver that works ?
> My daughter's wedding was put on YouTube - I can watch it, but can't save it !
>
> Help !
>
> DoctorBill

Freemake Video Downloader

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

0
UTF