Remote Content Blocked?

I just set up a new mail account. All remote content like images is
being blocked. I have to approve each email separately to show images.
How do I show remote content automatically for all emails? I do have
"Show all images" checked in Preferences.
0
Tom
1/4/2020 3:37:55 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13545 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Tom Pamin wrote:
> I just set up a new mail account. All remote content like images is
> being blocked. I have to approve each email separately to show images.
> How do I show remote content automatically for all emails? I do have
> "Show all images" checked in Preferences.

Sorry, I can't find a "Show all images" in my SeaMonkey 2.49.5
preferences. I do have "Load all images" under Privacy & Security >
Images. That only applies to the browser.

If you have "Block images and other content from remote sources" enabled
in Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups > Message Display. Remove the check mark.

0
WaltS48
1/4/2020 5:35:52 PM
WaltS48 wrote:

> Tom Pamin wrote:
>> I just set up a new mail account. All remote content like images is
>> being blocked. I have to approve each email separately to show images.
>> How do I show remote content automatically for all emails? I do have
>> "Show all images" checked in Preferences.
>
> Sorry, I can't find a "Show all images" in my SeaMonkey 2.49.5
> preferences. I do have "Load all images" under Privacy & Security >
> Images. That only applies to the browser.
>
> If you have "Block images and other content from remote sources" enabled
> in Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups > Message Display. Remove the check
> mark.

That's correct for how to do it.

But the OP should be aware that loading all remote images will also
permit web beacons and similar tracking devices. If he's concerned about
his privacy, he would be better off showing images on a case-by-case or
site-by-site basis.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_beacon>

Paul B. Gallagher

0