Question about e-mails with columns

Hi,

When I send an e-mail with neatly typed vertical columns, they become
randomized in transmission and often become illegible.

How can I send out an e-mail where the columns look the same as the
original?

Mort Linder

---

Mort
7/5/2019 8:37:13 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13238 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 7/5/19 4:37 PM, Mort Linder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I send an e-mail with neatly typed vertical columns, they become
> randomized in transmission and often become illegible.
>
> How can I send out an e-mail where the columns look the same as the
> original?
>
> Mort Linder

Do you mean how does the recipient view the mail in the same way you
sent it?

How are you making the neatly typed vertical columns?

Using Insert > Table... in HTML composition should help.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
Good job keeping those airports safe during the Revolutionary War
Mort Linder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I send an e-mail with neatly typed vertical columns, they become
> randomized in transmission and often become illegible.
>
> How can I send out an e-mail where the columns look the same as the
> original?
>
> Mort Linder

I use tabs or periods as column breaks.

0
Paul
7/5/2019 11:48:11 PM
On 7/5/2019 1:37 PM, Mort Linder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I send an e-mail with neatly typed vertical columns, they become
> randomized in transmission and often become illegible.
>
> How can I send out an e-mail where the columns look the same as the
> original?
>
> Mort Linder

If you are formatting your E-mail as HTML, that causes your problem.
There are actually two problems with HTML-formatted E-mails.

One is the fact that not all E-mail applications handle HTML in the same
manner.  Even if your recipient also is viewing the message as HTML, his
or her application might not handle tables the same way, especially if
you are using a font that the recipient does not have.

The other problem -- more likely -- is that the recipient is viewing
E-mail as plain text, which fails to use the formatting you created with
HTML.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Donald Trump lied his way onto the Forbes 400 richest people list.
<https://tinyurl.com/yx9ebrqz>
0
David
7/6/2019 12:20:00 AM
Mort Linder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I send an e-mail with neatly typed vertical columns, they become
> randomized in transmission and often become illegible.
>
> How can I send out an e-mail where the columns look the same as the original?
>
> Mort Linder
>
> ---

The compose window uses monospace font, and the message window uses
message with an editor that uses proportional font and then copy it to the
compose window?
0
EE
7/6/2019 6:31:12 PM
Just returned from a trip.

Thanks to all of you for your helpful suggestions, which I do appreciate.

Best,

Mort Linder

Mort Linder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I send an e-mail with neatly typed vertical columns, they become
> randomized in transmission and often become illegible.
>
> How can I send out an e-mail where the columns look the same as the
> original?
>
> Mort Linder
>
> ---

Mort