Problems W/Profile SM 2.53.5 Win 10 Pro

Hello all, my issue today is that I have two (2) profiles on my 2.53.5,
one business and one personal.

My business profile will not reload as I last left it when returning
from personal profile, while the personal profile always returns to the
previous state.

Browser and suite settings are the same in both profiles.

At a loss as to what to try next or how I arrived to this state of
operation for my business profile.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.

TIA - SS
0
Samuel
11/16/2020 12:13:41 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13676 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Samuel S wrote:
> Hello all, my issue today is that I have two (2) profiles on my 2.53.5,
> one business and one personal.
>
> My business profile will not reload as I last left it when returning
> from personal profile, while the personal profile always returns to the
> previous state.
>
> Browser and suite settings are the same in both profiles.
>
> At a loss as to what to try next or how I arrived to this state of
> operation for my business profile.
>
> Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.

Edit > Preferences > Browser > Display on: Browser Startup > Select
"Restore Previous Session"?

--
Mark.

0
mozilla
11/16/2020 7:26:31 PM
mozilla-lists.mbourne@spamgourmet.com wrote:
> Samuel S wrote:
>> Hello all, my issue today is that I have two (2) profiles on my
>> 2.53.5, one business and one personal.
>>
>> My business profile will not reload as I last left it when returning
>> from personal profile, while the personal profile always returns to
>> the previous state.
>>
>> Browser and suite settings are the same in both profiles.
>>
>> At a loss as to what to try next or how I arrived to this state of
>> operation for my business profile.
>>
>> Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.
>
> Edit > Preferences > Browser > Display on: Browser Startup > Select
> "Restore Previous Session"?

Mark,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried this and it does not change
the results.

Might a re-install be my next move to try and correct this situation???

TIA - SS
0
Samuel
11/17/2020 11:15:39 AM
Samuel S a écrit :
> Hello all, my issue today is that I have two (2) profiles on my 2.53.5,
> one business and one personal.
>
> My business profile will not reload as I last left it when returning
> from personal profile, while the personal profile always returns to the
> previous state.
>
> Browser and suite settings are the same in both profiles.
>
> At a loss as to what to try next or how I arrived to this state of
> operation for my business profile.
>
> Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.
>
> TIA - SS
I also have 2 profils (businness and personal): the 2 works well and
switch well.
0
jcteyssier
11/17/2020 5:14:32 PM
jcteyssier wrote:
> Samuel S a écrit :
>> Hello all, my issue today is that I have two (2) profiles on my
>> 2.53.5, one business and one personal.
>>
>> My business profile will not reload as I last left it when returning
>> from personal profile, while the personal profile always returns to
>> the previous state.
>>
>> Browser and suite settings are the same in both profiles.
>>
>> At a loss as to what to try next or how I arrived to this state of
>> operation for my business profile.
>>
>> Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.
>>
>> TIA - SS
> I also have 2 profils (businness and personal): the 2 works well and
> switch well.

It got corrupted somehow...

Thank you very much...

SS
0
Samuel
11/17/2020 5:53:57 PM
Samuel S wrote:
> mozilla-lists.mbourne@spamgourmet.com wrote:
>> Samuel S wrote:
>>> Hello all, my issue today is that I have two (2) profiles on my
>>> 2.53.5, one business and one personal.
>>>
>>> My business profile will not reload as I last left it when returning
>>> from personal profile, while the personal profile always returns to
>>> the previous state.
>>>
>>> Browser and suite settings are the same in both profiles.
>>>
>>> At a loss as to what to try next or how I arrived to this state of
>>> operation for my business profile.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.
>>
>> Edit > Preferences > Browser > Display on: Browser Startup > Select
>> "Restore Previous Session"?
>>

> Mark,
>
> Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried this and it does not change
> the results.
>
> Might a re-install be my next move to try and correct this situation???

A reinstall probably won't help, particularly as it works as expected
with one profile.  The difference is somewhere in the profile, and
reinstalling won't affect that.

After switching back to the business profile, does Go > Restore Previous
Session restore the session as you'd expect?  Might give some clue as to
whether the problem is with the state not being saved, or just not
automatically restoring it.

Also try disabling extensions, particularly any which might have
anything to do with things like history or browser tabs.  It could be
that one of those is interfering with restoring the session.

It may be worth looking through about:config in both profiles, or least
compare the prefs.js files (and user.js if you use those), but there
will probably be quite a lot of differences to be expected (things like
email accounts, folder paths, printer settings, etc.)

--
Mark.

0
mozilla