Problem with imported e-mail profile Seamonkey 2.0

When I tried to send e-mail with Seamonkey 2.0, I kept getting the
following message:

Sending of message failed.
An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server
mailhost.worldnet.att.net. It does not support authentication
(SMTP-AUTH) but you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name
and password' for that server or contact your service provider.

Going over the Mail Account Settings, nowhere did I have checked any
type of authentication request.

The only way I could correct this was to manually edit prefs.js.
There was a line

user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.auth_method", 1);

which I assumed must be causing the problem. I changed the 1 to 0 and
could then send e-mail.

Is this a known bug? Is it a change between Seamonkey 1.1.18 and 2.0?
0
robert
10/28/2009 12:05:24 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13229 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

robert.gault@att.net:

>The only way I could correct this was to manually edit prefs.js.
>There was a line
>
>user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.auth_method", 1);
>
>which I assumed must be causing the problem. I changed the 1 to 0 and
>could then send e-mail.

You could have done this with selecting the last entry in the left pane
of the 'Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings' named 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)'.

Then select your SMTP server and press 'Edit'.

>Is this a known bug? Is it a change between Seamonkey 1.1.18 and 2.0?

It was very similar in SM1. ;)

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
10/28/2009 12:51:02 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> robert.gault@att.net:
>
>> The only way I could correct this was to manually edit prefs.js.
>> There was a line
>>
>> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.auth_method", 1);
>>
>> which I assumed must be causing the problem. I changed the 1 to 0 and
>> could then send e-mail.
>
> You could have done this with selecting the last entry in the left pane
> of the 'Mail&  Newsgroups Account Settings' named 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)'.
>
> Then select your SMTP server and press 'Edit'.
>
>> Is this a known bug? Is it a change between Seamonkey 1.1.18 and 2.0?
>
> It was very similar in SM1. ;)
>
> Hartmut

I did not see nor remember the Outgoing Server (SMTP).
Thanks Harmut
0
robert
10/28/2009 1:23:16 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> robert.gault@att.net:
>
>> The only way I could correct this was to manually edit prefs.js.
>> There was a line
>>
>> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.auth_method", 1);
>>
>> which I assumed must be causing the problem. I changed the 1 to 0 and
>> could then send e-mail.
>
> You could have done this with selecting the last entry in the left pane
> of the 'Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings' named 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)'.
>
> Then select your SMTP server and press 'Edit'.

I think you misread the problem, he isn't asked how to recover from the problem,
the problem is that when he imported his profile the import got the settings
wrong and turned on auth when it was not so in his 1.1.x profile.

At least that's the only thing I can conclude from "imported e-mail profile" in
the subject.

Your comment is useful as a better way to work around the problem, but if others
have seen (or not) this behavior info would be useful.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
Bill
Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Hartmut Figge wrote:
>> robert.gault@att.net:
>>
>>> The only way I could correct this was to manually edit prefs.js.
>>> There was a line
>>>
>>> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.auth_method", 1);
>>>
>>> which I assumed must be causing the problem. I changed the 1 to 0 and
>>> could then send e-mail.
>>
>> You could have done this with selecting the last entry in the left pane
>> of the 'Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings' named 'Outgoing Server
>> (SMTP)'.
>>
>> Then select your SMTP server and press 'Edit'.
>>
> I think you misread the problem, he isn't asked how to recover from the
> problem, the problem is that when he imported his profile the import got
> the settings wrong and turned on auth when it was not so in his 1.1.x
> profile.
>
> At least that's the only thing I can conclude from "imported e-mail
> profile" in the subject.
>
> Your comment is useful as a better way to work around the problem, but
> if others have seen (or not) this behavior info would be useful.

I have gone back to 1.1.8 because it keeps asking for my password when
attempting to send emails, even when it seems to have the correct one.
On returning to 1.1.8 it all works perfectly. I am not conversant enough
to start going into files.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.
Broadback wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Hartmut Figge wrote:

>> Your comment is useful as a better way to work around the problem, but
>> if others have seen (or not) this behavior info would be useful.

> I have gone back to 1.1.8 because it keeps asking for my password when
> attempting to send emails, even when it seems to have the correct one.
> On returning to 1.1.8 it all works perfectly. I am not conversant enough
> to start going into files.

Precisely so. That's most annoying. I'm back using my 1.1.18, too...

keith whaley

0
Keith

SeaMonkey 1.0.2
Greetings! I hope I can explain what my problem is. After a certain (and variable) period of time, I can no longer use the mail function of SeaMonkey for anything other than receiving mails. If I try to forward or reply to an e-mail, the line for the recipient is "grayed-out", if that is the right term. And I can no longer compose a new message either. As an example, this happened right now: I had to restart SM. That always solves the problem, but is a bit tedious. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Best wishes, Charley -- Charles Milton Ling Vien...

SeaMonkey 2.0.2 on Snow Leopard
Hi there, I just installed SeaMonkey here on my Mac and am using my .Mac account with it. However, there are many old, now removed, folders showing up in the IMAP folder list. I have tried deleting them but they keep coming back! I also took them off the Offline browsing list. No change. Each time I open SM mail I get many error messages indicating the folder doesn't exist (one message for folder). Ii did have SeaMonkey installed previously probably a year ago, and have also had ThunderBird on here as well (no longer resident), so I'm wondering if this is somet...

Acrobat (and its plugin) has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 as the default mail program.
Hi, Acrobat (I still use 7.1 Professional) in WinXP (and its plugin) has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 as the default mail program. I get the (not very helpful) message "Beim Senden von Nachrichten ist ein Fehler aufgetreten" (rough translation: An error has happened while sending messages). This used to work with SeaMonkey 1.1.x. Any idea? Should I open a bug report? Regards, Wolfgang Dr. Wolfgang Roeckelein schrieb: > Hi, > > Acrobat (I still use 7.1 Professional) in WinXP (and its plugin) has problems > mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 a...

Seamonkey 2.1 and Seamonkey 2.0
Hi, I'm using Seamonkey 2.1 nightly builds but sometimes by mistake I launch Seamonkey 2.0 and then in Seamonkey 2.1 I have not history and no bookmarks. How fixing it? Seamonkey 2.1b3pre mail window look very pretty! -- Sorry for my bad english, the british dictionnary is disabled by nightly build and I don't speak english fluently. St�phane http://pasdenom.info St=E9phane Gr=E9goire schrieb: > I'm using Seamonkey 2.1 nightly builds but sometimes by mistake I launc= h > Seamonkey 2.0 and then in Seamonkey 2.1 I have not history and no bookm= ark...

Unable to import seamonkey 1.x to Seamonkey 2.0
SeaMonkey 2.0 fails to import all my mail folders and everything ticked in the selection what should be imported. After it imports and correctly finds the correct profile, it just still shows blank mail folders. If I restart SeaMonkey mail, it asks me again if I want to configure email!? This repeatable and it just doesn't want to import any mail. admin@mmri.us wrote: > SeaMonkey 2.0 fails to import all my mail folders and everything ticked > in the selection what should be imported. > After it imports and correctly finds the correct profile, it just still &...

SeaMonkey 2.0 destroys previous e-mail inboxes
Hi, I have just installed SeaMonkey 2.0. Unfortunately, the installation deleted ALL my previous e-mails. I have been using SeaMonkey 1.1.18, had configured three different e-mail accounts with a total amount of about 5GB of e-mails. SeaMonkey 2.0 literally deleted the first account (the respective directory on the HD is really empty) whilst the mails for the second and third account are still in their respective directories on the HD, but are not visualized in their inboxes of the new version of SeaMonkey. All three accounts were identically configured (POP3) and connected to the same...

Same profile in Seamonkey 2.4.1 and Seamonkey 2.6.1 ?
Hi, I will switch a computer from windows to linux and from Seamonkey 2.6.1 to Seamonkey 2.4.1 (I don't know why Ubuntu only have 2.6.1 on Precise alpha release). I think there no big differences between these two releases that will bring bug into profile. Am I false? On my computer I directly use Seamonkey from Mozilla, on that computer I don't want to have work, so I only keep Ubuntu repositories. -- Sorry for possible mistakes in English! http://pasdenom.info/ St�phane Gr�goire wrote: > Hi, > > I will switch a computer from windows to linux and...

HELP Seamonkey 2.0.1 no longer copies sent e-mail to SENT folder
Name: Tom Kuennen Email: expwysatexpresswaysonlinedotcom Product: SeaMonkey Summary: HELP Seamonkey 2.0.1 no longer copies sent e-mail to SENT folder Comments: My existing copy of 2.0 updated itself today. All is well EXCEPT my SENT folder, when accessed by me, now builds a summary file, and when finished after 3-4 min, does not display the sent e-mails. It never built summary files before, either. What can I do? The error is replicated using 2.0 which I reinstalled. I am using Windows XP. Thanks tgk Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US...

Problem with tasks in Lightning and Seamonkey 2.0.2.
Using SM 2.0.2, downloaded Lightning extension. Works fine, except I'm having trouble importing tasks. I can export from my old PIM (Essential PIM) in either ical format or html. Neither will import into Lightning, as far as I can see. Can someone offer some guidance? Thanks. ...

Three problems with german edition of seamonkey 2.x E-Mail folders, file saving, context menus and java script
Dear group, i have three problems with seamonkey 2.02 german edition on windows XP. 1st E-Mail folders I have a large inbox and on earlier versions of seamonkey it was easily possible to change the name of the inbox file with the explorer, if seamonkey is not running. After the new start of the programme, seamonkey has recovered that the inbox file is missing and has generated a new empty inbox file (new seamonkey makes this too). The old seamonkey has displayed the renamed folder with its new filename. New seamonkey shows two inbox folders. At the old seamonkey, the messa...

Seamonkey has the same problem fixed in FF 2.0.0.6 ?
If Seamonkey 1.1.3 has the same problema than FF 2.0.0.5, somebody know when SM 1.1.4 will be available ? Thank you very much for the information. Eduardo Martins (Brasil - RJ) wrote: > If Seamonkey 1.1.3 has the same problema than FF 2.0.0.5, somebody > know when SM 1.1.4 will be available ? It will be available when it's ready. We have a worse problem we're also trying to fix for this release. See the mozilla.support.seamonkey group, there's already a thread about that. Robert Kaiser ...

Importing Seamonkey to Seamonkey.
I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all settings, address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another on the same Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you help? Thanks. John Sipos Broadcast talk journalist 727-432-1322 John Sipos wrote: > I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all settings, > address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another on the same > Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you help? Thanks. > > John Sipos &...

SeaMonkey 2.39
I just downloaded and installed 2.39 on one of my systems and have encountered an issue with it and my preferred theme. I have specified "Show toolbars as - Pictures only" in my appearance menu under preferences, but this setting is NOT being honored. Regardless of the setting of this preference BOTH pictures and text are being displayed. As I set this to pictures only to save screen space I am annoyed. This setting was working in 2.38, so something has changed. Is there another way to either get this to behave as it did in 2.38 or is there an alternative screen s...

Seamonkey 2.0 problem
I followed the instruction to completely clear my older version of Seamonkey and have now paid a terrible price for doing this. I now have completely lost my entire email address books (3 of them). More importantly, my complete bookmark file with many years of research was also gone. I appreciate your work to improve Seamonkey. However, your failure to address this possibility in your download instructions has made this program useless to me. Looks like I will have to move on and start all over again with my research. Bummer! Billy wrote: > I followed the ins...

Web resources about - Problem with imported e-mail profile Seamonkey 2.0 - mozilla.support.seamonkey

The Hawaiian Seamonkey
Diving, eating, gardening, loving the Big Island of Hawaii

The SeaMonkey® Project
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkeyall-in-one internet application suite (see below).Such a software suite was ...

SeaMonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cross-platform Internet suite . It is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite , based on the same source code. Core Mozilla ...

Review: SeaMonkey 1.1.8 for the Mac
SeaMonkey 1.1.8, the Mozilla Foundation's all-in-one Internet application, combines browsing, e-mail, HTML editing, and IRC chat.

SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 arrives for testing
Based on the same Gecko browser engine as Firefox 6, SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 has been released for testing. It offers improvements to WebGL that ...

SeaMonkey Offers Browser, E-Mail, and Chat
... resuscitated a group of Internet tools built by Netscapewhose spin-off, Mozilla, brought out the popular Firefox Web browser. Renamed SeaMonkey ...

SeaMonkey, Mozilla's all-in-one Internet suite, releases new beta
The SeaMonkey Project has released SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 , a version that makes a lot of new functionality available to a wide audience for the ...

SeaMonkey review
Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML

SeaMonkey 2.33
... advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, all your Internet needs in one application. The SeaMonkey ...

Seamonkey 1.1 Released
stuuf writes "Version 1.1 of the Seamonkey Internet Application Suite is now available, with quite a few improvements over the 1.0 series. Some ...