Printing Web Pages

More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the page.
Is there a way to stop this from happening?
0
Tom
11/6/2019 5:12:40 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13277 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Tom Pamin wrote:

> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the page.
> Is there a way to stop this from happening?

What does it look like in Print Preview?

Is your percentage of size set to greater than 100%?

What happens if you set the current size to, say, 90%?
0
Richard
11/6/2019 6:10:35 PM
On 11/6/2019 9:12 AM, Tom Pamin wrote:
> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the page.
> Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Have you tried printing landscaped?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Duracell batteries are prohibited in my house.
They leak and have severely damaged some expensive
electronics that I own.  Energizer and Everready
batteries are okay.
0
David
11/6/2019 7:11:46 PM
Richard Alan wrote:
> Tom Pamin wrote:
>
>> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
>> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the page.
>> Is there a way to stop this from happening?
>
> What does it look like in Print Preview?
>
> Is your percentage of size set to greater than 100%?
>
> What happens if you set the current size to, say, 90%?

My percentage was 100. I reset to 90 and it looks better.
0
Thomas
11/6/2019 10:29:51 PM
David E. Ross wrote:
> On 11/6/2019 9:12 AM, Tom Pamin wrote:
>> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
>> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the page.
>> Is there a way to stop this from happening?
>>

> Have you tried printing landscaped?

It still was cutoff, but not as bad.
0
Thomas
11/6/2019 10:30:23 PM
Thomas Pamin wrote:

> Richard Alan wrote:
>> Tom Pamin wrote:
>>
>>> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
>>> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the page.
>>> Is there a way to stop this from happening?
>>
>> What does it look like in Print Preview?
>>
>> Is your percentage of size set to greater than 100%?
>>
>> What happens if you set the current size to, say, 90%?
>>
> My percentage was 100. I reset to 90 and it looks better.

Try 85%?

My experience when this situation occurs is because the web author (and
his "tools") hard-codes font sizes and does not respect the visitors' own
chosen sizes.
0
Richard
11/6/2019 11:18:11 PM
Tom Pamin wrote:
> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the page.
> Is there a way to stop this from happening?

I'm having other issues printing too. A lot of times I only get 2 or 3
almost blank pages. If I use IE, it prints exactly what's on the web pages.
0
Thomas
11/7/2019 11:27:30 AM
Tom Pamin wrote:
> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the page.
> Is there a way to stop this from happening?

I often wish there were a simple way to just "print the browser window
as it looks now".

I often wind up taking an image capture of the browser window and
printing that, often getting me much closer to what I want than the
"print" function.

Bob
0
Bob
11/7/2019 6:11:07 PM
On 11/7/19 1:11 PM, Bob Fleischer wrote:
> Tom Pamin wrote:
>> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
>> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the page.
>> Is there a way to stop this from happening?
>
> I often wish there were a simple way to just "print the browser window
> as it looks now".
>
> I often wind up taking an image capture of the browser window and
> printing that, often getting me much closer to what I want than the
> "print" function.
>
> Bob

Pressing the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard doesn't accomplish that?

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
WaltS48
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/7/19 1:11 PM, Bob Fleischer wrote:
>> Tom Pamin wrote:
>>> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
>>> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the
>>> page. Is there a way to stop this from happening?
>>
>> I often wish there were a simple way to just "print the browser window
>> as it looks now".
>>
>> I often wind up taking an image capture of the browser window and
>> printing that, often getting me much closer to what I want than the
>> "print" function.
>>
>> Bob
>
> Pressing the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard doesn't accomplish
> that?

The "Print Screen" button is a function of your operating system.You
need to download a screen printer such as Gadwin PrintScreen 5.8
Freeware.  Go to your favorite download repository, look see if it or
something similar is there.
Rodney
0
rodney
11/7/2019 8:27:27 PM
On 11/7/19 3:27 PM, rodney wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> I often wish there were a simple way to just "print the browser=20
>>> window as it looks now".
>>>
>>> I often wind up taking an image capture of the browser window and=20
>>> printing that, often getting me much closer to what I want than the=20
>>> "print" function.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>
>> Pressing the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard doesn't accomplish=
=20
>> that?
>>
> The "Print Screen" button is a function of your operating system.You=20
> need to download a screen printer such as Gadwin PrintScreen 5.8=20
> Freeware.=C2=A0 Go to your favorite download repository, look see if it=
 or=20
> something similar is there.
> Rodney

You really need to do all that to print the browser window as it looks no=
w?

Bob is using Windows.

--=20
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48
11/7/2019 10:20:12 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/7/19 1:11 PM, Bob Fleischer wrote:
>> Tom Pamin wrote:
>>> More and more when printing web pages the printing is cutoff on the
>>> right side. This occurs even when there is a print button on the
>>> page. Is there a way to stop this from happening?
>>
>> I often wish there were a simple way to just "print the browser window
>> as it looks now".
>>
>> I often wind up taking an image capture of the browser window and
>> printing that, often getting me much closer to what I want than the
>> "print" function.
>>
>> Bob
>
> Pressing the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard doesn't accomplish
> that?

Print screen in Windows takes a raster image of the screen that must be
dumped into a viewer like Irfan, etc, and then printed from there.

0
Paul
11/7/2019 10:22:35 PM
On 11/7/19 5:22 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>>>
>>> I often wish there were a simple way to just "print the browser window
>>> as it looks now".
>>>
>>> I often wind up taking an image capture of the browser window and
>>> printing that, often getting me much closer to what I want than the
>>> "print" function.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>
>> Pressing the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard doesn't accomplish
>> that?
>
> Print screen in Windows takes a raster image of the screen that must be
> dumped into a viewer like Irfan, etc, and then printed from there.

Same here, but then it can be printed.