Prime video does not support Seamonkey

I would like to play movies from Prime video, but it says it does not support Seamonkey.

That's surprising since Seamonkey is very close to the same as Firefox.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
        Andy
0
AK
6/27/2020 2:48:11 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13525 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 6/27/20 10:48 AM, AK wrote:
> I would like to play movies from Prime video, but it says it does not support Seamonkey.
>
> That's surprising since Seamonkey is very close to the same as Firefox.
>
> Is there a workaround?
>
> Thanks,
>          Andy

SeaMonkey is based on a Firefox build that Prime probably doesn't support.

I don't have a Prime account and don't get a message that it doesn't
support SeaMonkey on the "Start your 30-day free trial" page.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

FRG

WaltS48 wrote:
> On 6/27/20 10:48 AM, AK wrote:
>> I would like to play movies from Prime video, but it says it does not
>> support Seamonkey.
>>
>> That's surprising since Seamonkey is very close to the same as Firefox.
>>
>> Is there a workaround?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>          Andy
>>

> SeaMonkey is based on a Firefox build that Prime probably doesn't support.
>
> I don't have a Prime account and don't get a message that it doesn't support
> SeaMonkey on the "Start your 30-day free trial" page.

0
Frank
6/27/2020 3:56:17 PM
On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 10:56:29 AM UTC-5, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> It uses EME and digital restriction management. Will not work with most t=
hird=20
> party browsers and in some cases barly or not at all on none Windows syst=
ems.
>=20
> FRG
>=20
>=20
> WaltS48 wrote:
> > On 6/27/20 10:48 AM, AK wrote:
> >> I would like to play movies from Prime video, but it says it does not=
=20
> >> support Seamonkey.
> >>
> >> That's surprising since Seamonkey is very close to the same as Firefox=
..

> >> Is there a workaround?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Andy
> >>
> >=20
> > SeaMonkey is based on a Firefox build that Prime probably doesn't suppo=
rt.
> >=20
> > I don't have a Prime account and don't get a message that it doesn't su=
pport=20
> > SeaMonkey on the "Start your 30-day free trial" page.

So is the EME and digital restriction management protection against copying=
 of digital content?

Andy
0
AK
6/27/2020 4:39:07 PM
AK wrote:
> I would like to play movies from Prime video, but it says it does not support Seamonkey.
>
> That's surprising since Seamonkey is very close to the same as Firefox.
>
> Is there a workaround?
>
> Thanks,
>          Andy

Try using a fake user-agent.  You could use an extension like user-agent
switcher or set an override in about:config.

0
EE
6/27/2020 6:48:09 PM
On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 1:48:15 PM UTC-5, EE wrote:
> AK wrote:
> > I would like to play movies from Prime video, but it says it does not support Seamonkey.
> >
> > That's surprising since Seamonkey is very close to the same as Firefox.
> >
> > Is there a workaround?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >          Andy
> >
> Try using a fake user-agent.  You could use an extension like user-agent
> switcher or set an override in about:config.

I can not find a version for Linux.

0
AK
6/27/2020 7:23:48 PM
AK wrote:
> On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 1:48:15 PM UTC-5, EE wrote:
>> AK wrote:
>>> I would like to play movies from Prime video, but it says it does not support Seamonkey.
>>>
>>> That's surprising since Seamonkey is very close to the same as Firefox.
>>>
>>> Is there a workaround?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>           Andy
>>>
>> Try using a fake user-agent.  You could use an extension like user-agent
>> switcher or set an override in about:config.
>
> I can not find a version for Linux.

Most extensions work with any platform.  Certainly User Agent Switcher
works with any platform, but you probably have to edit install.rdf in
the .xpi file to increase the max version for SeaMonkey.

As for the override, you can set that in about:config like this:
general.useragent.override.youtube.com - set to - Mozilla/5.0 (X11;
Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0

Just change the hostname and the version of Firefox to suit.
0
EE
6/28/2020 8:19:27 PM
On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 3:19:34 PM UTC-5, EE wrote:
> AK wrote:

> >> Try using a fake user-agent.  You could use an extension like user-agent
> >> switcher or set an override in about:config.
> >
> > I can not find a version for Linux.
> >
> Most extensions work with any platform.  Certainly User Agent Switcher
> works with any platform, but you probably have to edit install.rdf in
> the .xpi file to increase the max version for SeaMonkey.
>
> As for the override, you can set that in about:config like this:
> general.useragent.override.youtube.com - set to - Mozilla/5.0 (X11;
> Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
>
> Just change the hostname and the version of Firefox to suit.

thanks. I manually changed my useragent to where it included Google Chrome.

Found this.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/google/google-chrome-aims-to-make-browser-user-agents-obsolete/
0
AK