Password Manager in SeaMonkey 2.53.2

How do you make SeaMonkey ask whether or not your want Password Manager
to save a password?

Frog
0
Frog
5/18/2020 4:05:57 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13479 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Frog wrote:
> How do you make SeaMonkey ask whether or not your want Password Manager
> to save a password?
>
> Frog

You aren't getting asked when you log into a site for the first time?

I just logged into my mozillaZine account for the first time and was
asked if I wanted to save the username and password.
0
WaltS48
5/18/2020 2:00:37 PM
Frog wrote:
> How do you make SeaMonkey ask whether or not your want Password Manager
> to save a password?
>
> Frog
When you log in somewhere, it does that auromatically.

0
EE
5/18/2020 4:41:55 PM
On 5/18/20 12:41 PM, EE wrote:
> Frog wrote:
>> How do you make SeaMonkey ask whether or not your want Password
>> Manager to save a password?
>>
>> Frog
> When you log in somewhere, it does that auromatically.

Aromatically?
0
WaltS48
5/18/2020 4:47:02 PM
On 5/18/2020 10:00 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> Frog wrote:
>> How do you make SeaMonkey ask whether or not your want Password
>> Manager to save a password?
>>
>> Frog
>
> You aren't getting asked when you log into a site for the first time?
>
> I just logged into my mozillaZine account for the first time and was
> asked if I wanted to save the username and password.

I should have told you where I was having my problem in my earlier
message.  The problem is...the first time I previously used a new
password on my system it would ask me if I wanted to save my password
(subsequently recorded in Password Manager if I click yes).  The asking
about saving new passwords no longer occurs. I'm trying to understand
why this is occurring and how to fix this problem.

FYI, Password Manager is a lifesaver to me when it comes my
forgetfulness of many things including passwords.

Frog
0
Frog
5/18/2020 9:38:43 PM
WaltS48 wrote on 19/05/2020 2:47 AM:
> On 5/18/20 12:41 PM, EE wrote:
>> Frog wrote:
>>> How do you make SeaMonkey ask whether or not your want Password
>>> Manager to save a password?
>>>
>>> Frog
>> When you log in somewhere, it does that auromatically.
>
> Aromatically?

Was your differently mis-spelling of EE's mis-spelt word deliberate,
Walt?? ;-P

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
5/19/2020 9:12:26 AM
On 5/19/20 5:12 AM, Daniel wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote on 19/05/2020 2:47 AM:

>>> When you log in somewhere, it does that auromatically.
>>
>> Aromatically?
>
> Was your differently mis-spelling of EE's mis-spelt word deliberate,
> Walt?? ;-P

Of course!

Just trying to get a clarification of what EE meant by auromatically
which my spell checker flags as a misspelled word.;)

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48
5/19/2020 1:27:22 PM
Frog wrote:
> On 5/18/2020 10:00 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> Frog wrote:
>>> How do you make SeaMonkey ask whether or not your want Password
>>> Manager to save a password?
>>>
>>> Frog
>>
>> You aren't getting asked when you log into a site for the first time?
>>
>> I just logged into my mozillaZine account for the first time and was
>> asked if I wanted to save the username and password.
>

> I should have told you where I was having my problem in my earlier
> message.  The problem is...the first time I previously used a new
> password on my system it would ask me if I wanted to save my password
> (subsequently recorded in Password Manager if I click yes).  The asking
> about saving new passwords no longer occurs. I'm trying to understand
> why this is occurring and how to fix this problem.
>
> FYI, Password Manager is a lifesaver to me when it comes my
> forgetfulness of many things including passwords.

Saving passwords doesn't work for some websites, depending on how
they're coded.  Some web developers seem to consider that a feature and
deliberately do everything they can to stop password managers
recognising and filling in their password fields - it's almost like they
want you to reuse a short, easily remembered (and easily guessed)
password rather than one which is unique, complex and difficult to guess!

--
Mark.

0
mozilla
5/19/2020 6:47:44 PM
On 5/19/2020 2:47 PM, mozilla-lists.mbourne@spamgourmet.com wrote:
> Frog wrote:

>>> You aren't getting asked when you log into a site for the first time?
>>>
>>> I just logged into my mozillaZine account for the first time and was
>>> asked if I wanted to save the username and password.
>>

>> I should have told you where I was having my problem in my earlier
>> message.  The problem is...the first time I previously used a new
>> password on my system it would ask me if I wanted to save my password
>> (subsequently recorded in Password Manager if I click yes).  The
>> asking about saving new passwords no longer occurs. I'm trying to
>> understand why this is occurring and how to fix this problem.
>>
>> FYI, Password Manager is a lifesaver to me when it comes my
>> forgetfulness of many things including passwords.
>
> Saving passwords doesn't work for some websites, depending on how
> they're coded.  Some web developers seem to consider that a feature and
> deliberately do everything they can to stop password managers
> recognising and filling in their password fields - it's almost like they
> want you to reuse a short, easily remembered (and easily guessed)
> password rather than one which is unique, complex and difficult to guess!

Thanks to all for your help.  I believe I know one such web site that
does not want you to use a Password Manager for your
password...Facebook.  I am ready to say Uncle on this one and put up
with what I have to do in order to use their software.

Frog
0
Frog