Password doesn't insert into login

Normally when I went to "LogIn" on a website, the Passwords function
inserted the Username and password.
Just recently - for e-bay and for PayPal, nothing is inserted !
If I click on "LogIn" with the slots EMPTY, I get an error message from
the web site and THEN the two words are inserted......

Has the web site changed something, or has something in my SM changed ?

I tried deleting the username & password and re-entering them upon
login, - no joy.  Erasing cookies - no joy.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

DoctorBill
0
DoctorBill
7/11/2018 3:14:15 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12936 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 7/11/2018 10:14 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
> Normally when I went to "LogIn" on a website, the Passwords function
> inserted the Username and password.
> Just recently - for e-bay and for PayPal, nothing is inserted !
> If I click on "LogIn" with the slots EMPTY, I get an error message from
> the web site and THEN the two words are inserted......
>
> Has the web site changed something, or has something in my SM changed ?
>
> I tried deleting the username & password and re-entering them upon
> login, - no joy.  Erasing cookies - no joy.
>
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
>
> DoctorBill

Could be just a fluke with the site.
0
TCW
7/11/2018 3:20:12 PM
DoctorBill wrote on 07/11/2018 08:14 AM:
> Normally when I went to "LogIn" on a website, the Passwords function
> inserted the Username and password.
> Just recently - for e-bay and for PayPal, nothing is inserted !
> If I click on "LogIn" with the slots EMPTY, I get an error message from
> the web site and THEN the two words are inserted......
>
> Has the web site changed something, or has something in my SM changed ?
>
> I tried deleting the username & password and re-entering them upon
> login, - no joy.  Erasing cookies - no joy.
>
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
>
> DoctorBill

Try disabling Edit > Preferences > Advanced > HTTP Networking >
Advertise Lightning installation.

--
sean nathan bean
  ~ requires all to bring us a shrubbery!

"The purpose of life, is to be happy."
       ~ Dalai Lama XIV

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
       ~ Abraham Lincoln
0
sean
7/11/2018 4:33:29 PM
sean wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote on 07/11/2018 08:14 AM:
>> Normally when I went to "LogIn" on a website, the Passwords function
>> inserted the Username and password.
>> Just recently - for e-bay and for PayPal, nothing is inserted !
>> If I click on "LogIn" with the slots EMPTY, I get an error message from
>> the web site and THEN the two words are inserted......
>>
>> Has the web site changed something, or has something in my SM changed ?
>>
>> I tried deleting the username & password and re-entering them upon
>> login, - no joy.  Erasing cookies - no joy.
>>
>> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
>>
>> DoctorBill
>
> Try disabling Edit > Preferences > Advanced > HTTP Networking >
> Advertise Lightning installation.

"Advertise Firefox Compatibility" actually.
OK - Trying that............
0
DoctorBill
7/11/2018 6:11:13 PM
sean wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote on 07/11/2018 08:14 AM:
>> Normally when I went to "LogIn" on a website, the Passwords function
>> inserted the Username and password.
>> Just recently - for e-bay and for PayPal, nothing is inserted !
>> If I click on "LogIn" with the slots EMPTY, I get an error message from
>> the web site and THEN the two words are inserted......
>>
>> Has the web site changed something, or has something in my SM changed ?
>>
>> I tried deleting the username & password and re-entering them upon
>> login, - no joy.  Erasing cookies - no joy.
>>
>> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
>>
>> DoctorBill
>
> Try disabling Edit > Preferences > Advanced > HTTP Networking >
> Advertise Lightning installation.

OK - THAT worked for PayPal but NOT e-bay.

Is there some more controls for the Password Manager that I can phart
around with ?

DoctorBill
0
DoctorBill
7/11/2018 6:14:31 PM
sean wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote on 07/11/2018 08:14 AM:
>> Normally when I went to "LogIn" on a website, the Passwords function
>> inserted the Username and password.
>> Just recently - for e-bay and for PayPal, nothing is inserted !
>> If I click on "LogIn" with the slots EMPTY, I get an error message from
>> the web site and THEN the two words are inserted......
>>
>> Has the web site changed something, or has something in my SM changed ?
>>
>> I tried deleting the username & password and re-entering them upon
>> login, - no joy.  Erasing cookies - no joy.
>>
>> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
>>
>> DoctorBill
>
> Try disabling Edit > Preferences > Advanced > HTTP Networking >
> Advertise Lightning installation.

I notice that some web sites SEPARATE the Username entry from the Password
entry !  G-Mail does that............

DB
0
DoctorBill
7/11/2018 6:16:06 PM
Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:16:06 -0700, _DoctorBill_:

> I notice that some web sites SEPARATE the Username entry from the Password
> entry !  G-Mail does that............

When you're asked to save a password, you could manually fill in (or
just adjust) the associated username.  Next, when you click in a
password field for the given domain, you'll be presented with an
autocomplete drop-down for the username(s) remembered.

--
Stanimir
0
DoctorBill wrote on 07/11/2018 11:16 AM:
> sean wrote:
>> DoctorBill wrote on 07/11/2018 08:14 AM:
>>> Normally when I went to "LogIn" on a website, the Passwords function
>>> inserted the Username and password.
>>> Just recently - for e-bay and for PayPal, nothing is inserted !
>>> If I click on "LogIn" with the slots EMPTY, I get an error message from
>>> the web site and THEN the two words are inserted......
>>>
>>> Has the web site changed something, or has something in my SM changed ?
>>>
>>> I tried deleting the username & password and re-entering them upon
>>> login, - no joy.  Erasing cookies - no joy.

>>> DoctorBill
>>
>> Try disabling Edit > Preferences > Advanced > HTTP Networking >
>> Advertise Lightning installation.
>>

> I notice that some web sites SEPARATE the Username entry from the Password
> entry !  G-Mail does that............
>
> DB

ALSO disable _Advertize Lightning Installation_ ... this works on some
sorts of site which have no need of your calendar and are confused by it...