Opening DOCX Attachment

I use LibreOffice instead of Microsoft Office.  I have "Use LibreOffice
Writer" set in Helper Application for SeaMonkey to use for opening
Microsoft Word files.  When I double-click or R-click/Open on a .docx
attachment in an e-mail, SeaMonkey saves it in a temporary folder
instead of opening it with LibreOffice.  The download manager shows that
the download failed, but if I open the folder where it was saved, the
document is there and will open in LibreOffice if double-clicked.  Why
is SeaMonkey not opening the attachments in LibreOffice as set in
Preferences?
--
C. Bankston
0

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:jsCdnSOVF8iqnNrDnZ2dnUU7-UvNnZ2d@mozilla.org">I use
      LibreOffice instead of Microsoft Office.  I have "Use LibreOffice
      Writer" set in Helper Application for SeaMonkey to use for opening
      Microsoft Word files.  When I double-click or R-click/Open on a
      .docx attachment in an e-mail, SeaMonkey saves it in a temporary
      folder instead of opening it with LibreOffice.  The download
      manager shows that the download failed, but if I open the folder
      where it was saved, the document is there and will open in
      LibreOffice if double-clicked.  Why is SeaMonkey not opening the
      attachments in LibreOffice as set in Preferences?
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="78">--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed</pre>
0
UTF
2/14/2020 8:43:01 PM
🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote on 15/02/2020 7:43 AM:
> On 2/14/2020 3:21 PM, Cecil Bankston wrote:
>> I use LibreOffice instead of Microsoft Office.  I have "Use LibreOffice
>> Writer" set in Helper Application for SeaMonkey to use for opening Microsoft
>> Word files.  When I double-click or R-click/Open on a .docx attachment in an
>> e-mail, SeaMonkey saves it in a temporary folder instead of opening it with
>> LibreOffice.  The download manager shows that the download failed, but if I
>> open the folder where it was saved, the document is there and will open in
>> LibreOffice if double-clicked.  Why is SeaMonkey not opening the attachments
>> in LibreOffice as set in Preferences?
>
> Same problem - verified
>
> --
> "This is America!  You can't make a horse
>    testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

I also use LO but haven't checked .... is DOCX a MS copy-written format
that LO doesn't/cannot support??

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
2/15/2020 2:32:43 AM
Cecil Bankston schrieb:
> SeaMonkey saves it in a temporary folder

Hi,

that is the intended behavior, SM _always_ saves files in the \Temp
folder before the file will be opened with the helper application.

Problem is NOT reproducible with installation of unofficial (by wg9s) De
SeaMonkey 2.53.2 beta 1 pre Mozilla/5.0  (NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 Build 20200211130005  (Default Classic
Theme, newly created User Profile) on German WIN7 64bit

1) doublelick on arbitrary.docx as email attachment
    » Dialog appears, asks what to do, radio button at
      'Open with LibO Writer'
2) I often have to click somewhere into the dialog because
    [Open] ist greyed out, only [Cancel] is available
3) Click [Open]
    » LibO launches, arbitrary.docx opens in LibO Writer

I don not have LibO in Helper Apps.

CU

Rainer
0
Rainer
2/15/2020 6:58:00 AM
  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:6pSdnamvgv7iC9rDnZ2dnUU7-UHNnZ2d@mozilla.org">Cecil
      Bankston schrieb:
[...]
        Having told all my friends to stop sending DOCX files and use
        PDF instead I worked around the problem.<br>
        Now running WG9S's 2.53.2 and haven't had the opportunity to
    -- <br>
    Mr. Ed<br>
0
UTF