Norton complains after seeing 2.53.1.b1

Norton pops up a warning that SeaMonkey doesn't have a valid certificate
or something like that!  What's this about?
0
meagain
2/13/2020 9:49:44 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13370 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> Norton pops up a warning that SeaMonkey doesn't have a valid certificate
> or something like that!  What's this about?

digital signature?

I have not seen this "firewall alert" anywhere else. Only happens upon
launch.
0
meagain
2/13/2020 9:59:18 PM
>> Norton pops up a warning that SeaMonkey doesn't have a valid
>> certificate or something like that!  What's this about?
>
> digital signature?
>
> I have not seen this "firewall alert" anywhere else. Only happens upon
> launch.

looks like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3prnq6okxfhd8qb/Screenshot%202020-02-13%2016.56.47.png?dl=0
0
meagain
2/13/2020 10:02:45 PM
>> Norton pops up a warning that SeaMonkey doesn't have a valid
>> certificate or something like that!  What's this about?
>
> digital signature?
>
> I have not seen this "firewall alert" anywhere else. Only happens upon
> launch.

And then it stopped!
0
meagain
2/17/2020 9:33:10 AM
meagain wrote:
> [...]

SeaMonkey is not signed and never was. Planned but not around the corner. That
is why checksums for the installers are provided. You need to set an exception
in Norton but do't know how so you should ask Norton support.

FRG
0
Frank