No Youtube with SM 2.53.4

Just installed the above on a W7 machine, can connect to Youtube,
placeholders for the recommeded videos appear, but that's about it.
There is nothing clicable on the page. Not even the filter button will work.

What the heck is going on!? And this is not the beta version, it's the
standard relaese.
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13638 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

12345@yahoo.co.nz wrote:
> Just installed the above on a W7 machine, can connect to Youtube,
> placeholders for the recommeded videos appear, but that's about it.
> There is nothing clicable on the page. Not even the filter button will
> work.
>
> What the heck is going on!? And this is not the beta version, it's the
> standard relaese.

Maybe they don't support W7 anymore?

YouTube is working just fine for me using Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux
x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.4 with no
extensions installed.

Have you tried safe mode using Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled?
0
WaltS48
10/12/2020 1:47:42 PM
12345@yahoo.co.nz wrote:
> Just installed the above on a W7 machine, can connect to Youtube,
> placeholders for the recommeded videos appear, but that's about it.
> There is nothing clicable on the page. Not even the filter button will
> work.
>
> What the heck is going on!? And this is not the beta version, it's the
> standard relaese.
Well, this is bizarre. Downloaded and installed (in separate folders, of
course)2.49.5 and onwards to see if there was some point in the version
sequence where this problem first surface. 2.49.5 was fine, 2.53.4 not.
Installed 2.53.1, that worked but then, suddenly did 2.53.4 - no more
problem with Youtube. This was not some temporary glick at the Youtube
end, either, because anothe machine running 2.49.5 was fine with
Youtube. Again, what the heck is going on?
WaltS48 wrote:
> 12345@yahoo.co.nz wrote:
>> Just installed the above on a W7 machine, can connect to Youtube,
>> placeholders for the recommeded videos appear, but that's about it.
>> There is nothing clicable on the page. Not even the filter button will
>> work.
>>
>> What the heck is going on!? And this is not the beta version, it's the
>> standard relaese.
>
> Maybe they don't support W7 anymore?

I doubt that that will happen for a very long time yet. And see my
subsequent post.
I'm also on Win7 still, but I have not encountered any issue with
playing Youtube videos. All fine, beside of too high memory consumption.

Did you try it with a new Seamonkey profile? Maybe a former add-on has
confused settings. Also, check whether an ad-blocker is enabled and
maybe blocking a certain script for Youtube.
0
Torsten
10/12/2020 4:45:23 PM
12345@yahoo.co.nz wrote:
> Just installed the above on a W7 machine, can connect to Youtube,
> placeholders for the recommeded videos appear, but that's about it.
> There is nothing clicable on the page. Not even the filter button will
> work.
>
> What the heck is going on!? And this is not the beta version, it's the
> standard relaese.

I set up a user-agent override in about:config, claiming to be Firefox
60.  That works so far.
general.useragent.override.youtube.com set as Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh;
Intel Mac OS X 10.14; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
0
EE
10/12/2020 6:13:22 PM
On 10/12/2020 6:02 AM, 12345@yahoo.co.nz wrote:
> Just installed the above on a W7 machine, can connect to Youtube,
> placeholders for the recommeded videos appear, but that's about it.
> There is nothing clicable on the page. Not even the filter button will
> work.
>
> What the heck is going on!? And this is not the beta version, it's the
> standard relaese.

No problems in my decade old, updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC. I assume
your brand new SM installation has no extensions, non-default changes,
etc. Do you have a firewall or some security protections that could
interfere?
this signature correctly.
Los Angeles         _..n-"""/""--.._
(L.A.) Lakers!   .n' _.-\-""("""--._`-.
                 ' .\'   \   `.      ``";.
            ___/_-"  |    \    `.         `.
          ===///    , ,-. .-   .-; , , ,-  ,L  ,  ,_ ,-
          --///    /_ |_/ _)  /""|/|/ |_] /=_ /_ /=_ _)
        ___///    __    __  __  ______  ____ |  ___
          ///  --/||  --// .'   //  "/ _//  ))|(|  "/
      ---///   /' ||  _//.;  __//_.    //_="'  _\\
      --///- -/---||  //'||   //  ', _//  ;|     \\     ;
ASCII art by `.      \        \         ,'
-bodom-        `.     \        \      ,'
Remove ANT       `-._  \        \ _.-'
to e-mail if needed. `--\......--'
0
Ant