news.mozilla.org's missing posts issue again? Was "Re: Seamonkey freezing on new Facebook".

I'm seeing missing newsgroup posts again with "Article not found

The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.

     Newsgroup server responded: no such article in group
     Perhaps the article has expired?
     Try searching for article: ..."

<77mdnUxitYLEyODCnZ2dnUU7-aHNnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116783) and
<GuWdndV5fIJVrefCnZ2dnUU7-VudnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116761).

I saw other threads too in the past too. I hope this post doesn't get
lost. Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)
this signature correctly.
Los Angeles         _..n-"""/""--.._
(L.A.) Lakers!   .n' _.-\-""("""--._`-.
                 ' .\'   \   `.      ``";.
            ___/_-"  |    \    `.         `.
          ===///    , ,-. .-   .-; , , ,-  ,L  ,  ,_ ,-
          --///    /_ |_/ _)  /""|/|/ |_] /=_ /_ /=_ _)
        ___///    __    __  __  ______  ____ |  ___
          ///  --/||  --// .'   //  "/ _//  ))|(|  "/
      ---///   /' ||  _//.;  __//_.    //_="'  _\\
      --///- -/---||  //'||   //  ', _//  ;|     \\     ;
______///|__/_  _||_/<  `||_//__"/ _// --|\ /-._//    /
     _///  |   ,   |          \         ---\\\       .'
  ___///_____"/     |         \             /`;=__.-'
             \       \         \           /
ASCII art by `.      \        \         ,'
-bodom-        `.     \        \      ,'
Remove ANT       `-._  \        \ _.-'
to e-mail if needed. `--\......--'
0
Ant
10/12/2020 4:32:04 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13639 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 10/12/20 12:32 AM, Ant wrote:
> I'm seeing missing newsgroup posts again with "Article not found
>=20
> The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.
>=20
>  =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Newsgroup server responded: no such article in grou=
>  =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Perhaps the article has expired?
>  =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Try searching for article: ..."
>=20
> <77mdnUxitYLEyODCnZ2dnUU7-aHNnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116783) and=20
> <GuWdndV5fIJVrefCnZ2dnUU7-VudnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116761).
>=20
> I saw other threads too in the past too. I hope this post doesn't get=20
> lost. Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

Do you see them in the Google Groups archive for the newsgroup in questio=
n?

--=20
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/
Vote him out! Lock him up!

0
WaltS48
10/12/2020 12:23:04 PM
Ant wrote:
> I'm seeing missing newsgroup posts again with "Article not found
>
> The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.
>
>      Newsgroup server responded: no such article in group
>      Perhaps the article has expired?
>      Try searching for article: ..."
>
> <77mdnUxitYLEyODCnZ2dnUU7-aHNnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116783) and
> <GuWdndV5fIJVrefCnZ2dnUU7-VudnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116761).
>
> I saw other threads too in the past too. I hope this post doesn't get
> lost. Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

Who posted them?
On 10/11/2020 9:32 PM, Ant wrote:
> I'm seeing missing newsgroup posts again with "Article not found
>
> The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.
>
>      Newsgroup server responded: no such article in group
>      Perhaps the article has expired?
>      Try searching for article: ..."
>
> <77mdnUxitYLEyODCnZ2dnUU7-aHNnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116783) and
> <GuWdndV5fIJVrefCnZ2dnUU7-VudnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116761).
>
> I saw other threads too in the past too. I hope this post doesn't get
> lost. Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

GuWdndV5fIJVrefCnZ2dnUU7-VudnZ2d@mozilla.org (116761) from me on
10/4/2020 at 1:30 PM PDT.

77mdnUxitYLEyODCnZ2dnUU7-aHNnZ2d@mozilla.org (116783) from GerardJan on
10/6/2020 at 10:42 PM PDT.

I looked in
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.support.seamonkey/iRwL__dw6ZE
and don't seem to see them. What happened to its threading branches? :(
this signature correctly.
Los Angeles         _..n-"""/""--.._
(L.A.) Lakers!   .n' _.-\-""("""--._`-.
                 ' .\'   \   `.      ``";.
            ___/_-"  |    \    `.         `.
          ===///    , ,-. .-   .-; , , ,-  ,L  ,  ,_ ,-
          --///    /_ |_/ _)  /""|/|/ |_] /=_ /_ /=_ _)
        ___///    __    __  __  ______  ____ |  ___
          ///  --/||  --// .'   //  "/ _//  ))|(|  "/
      ---///   /' ||  _//.;  __//_.    //_="'  _\\
      --///- -/---||  //'||   //  ', _//  ;|     \\     ;
______///|__/_  _||_/<  `||_//__"/ _// --|\ /-._//    /
     _///  |   ,   |          \         ---\\\       .'
  ___///_____"/     |         \             /`;=__.-'
             \       \         \           /
ASCII art by `.      \        \         ,'
-bodom-        `.     \        \      ,'
Remove ANT       `-._  \        \ _.-'
to e-mail if needed. `--\......--'
0
Ant
10/12/2020 7:50:12 PM
Ant wrote:
> On 10/11/2020 9:32 PM, Ant wrote:
>> I'm seeing missing newsgroup posts again with "Article not found
>>
>> The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.
>>
>>      Newsgroup server responded: no such article in group
>>      Perhaps the article has expired?
>>      Try searching for article: ..."
>>
>> <77mdnUxitYLEyODCnZ2dnUU7-aHNnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116783) and
>> <GuWdndV5fIJVrefCnZ2dnUU7-VudnZ2d@mozilla.org> (116761).
>>
>> I saw other threads too in the past too. I hope this post doesn't get
>> lost. Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)
>
> GuWdndV5fIJVrefCnZ2dnUU7-VudnZ2d@mozilla.org (116761) from me on
> 10/4/2020 at 1:30 PM PDT.
>
> 77mdnUxitYLEyODCnZ2dnUU7-aHNnZ2d@mozilla.org (116783) from GerardJan on
> 10/6/2020 at 10:42 PM PDT.
>
> I looked in
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.support.seamonkey/iRwL__dw6ZE
> and don't seem to see them. What happened to its threading branches? :(

Having seen that information, posts by GerardJan are considered to be
spam on this group and are filtered - after a delay of several hours -
on the server.  No idea whether a script is used or if the moderation is
done by hand.
Threads like this one are also not particularly welcomed by the
moderator, that might explain why one of your postings (if I understood
the sender-description) vanished.
This is a Mozilla-Help Forum, although I agree that posts vanishing is
of interest.
A Williams wrote:

>> I looked in
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.support.seamonkey/iRwL__dw6ZE
>> and don't seem to see them. What happened to its threading branches? :(
>
> Having seen that information, posts by GerardJan are considered to be
> spam on this group and are filtered - after a delay of several hours -
> on the server.  No idea whether a script is used or if the moderation is
> done by hand.
> Threads like this one are also not particularly welcomed by the
> moderator, that might explain why one of your postings (if I understood
> the sender-description) vanished.
> This is a Mozilla-Help Forum, although I agree that posts vanishing is
> of interest.

Yes, there are certain senders that have gotten onto Chris Ilias's $#!+
list, and all their postings, no matter how helpful or innocuous, are
routinely deleted from the newsgroup. I should know -- I posted one
message back in November that he didn't like, and ever since, everything
I send, no matter how I alter my name and sig, are deleted. I've even
tried using a VPN to change my IP address, but somehow he detects me and
purges the message.

Since it takes several hours, I must assume he's running the filter
manually, and I can't imagine how he has the time to bother. No life, I
guess... And once you get on the $#!+ list, there's no way off -- he
doesn't reply to emails either here or off-list.

So if you want the full NG unsabotaged by his petty vindictiveness, you
have to read it though Google Groups.
0
Somebody