New AT&T Settings

AT&T is changing from non-secure to secure login. They prefer 0Auth but
Seamonkey only has that for outgoing not incoming. I need to give them a
Secure Key, but simply changing my settings from "NORMAL Password" to
"Encrypted Password" does not bring up a new dialogue box to enter the
encrypted "Secure Mail Key" or change my password even. Any help will be
appreciated

Neil Marcus
0
Neil
11/28/2019 6:01:33 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13297 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Neil Marcus wrote:
> AT&T is changing from non-secure to secure login. They prefer 0Auth but
> Seamonkey only has that for outgoing not incoming. I need to give them a
> Secure Key, but simply changing my settings from "NORMAL Password" to
> "Encrypted Password" does not bring up a new dialogue box to enter the
> encrypted "Secure Mail Key" or change my password even. Any help will be
> appreciated
>
> Neil Marcus

What do you have set for "Connection security" for that accounts
incoming server settings?

I believe you should use SSL/TLS, then the "Authentication method"
should be OAuth.
0
WaltS48
11/28/2019 6:30:24 PM
You are correct, it SHOULD be 0Auth, but the only options that I see
are:1) Normal Password; 2) Encrypted Password; 3) Kerberos / GSSAPI & 4)
NTLM

BTW I'm in Seamonkey Version 2.49.3 which is the latest version.

Neil

WaltS48 wrote:
> Neil Marcus wrote:
>> AT&T is changing from non-secure to secure login. They prefer 0Auth
>> but Seamonkey only has that for outgoing not incoming. I need to give
>> them a Secure Key, but simply changing my settings from "NORMAL
>> Password" to "Encrypted Password" does not bring up a new dialogue box
>> to enter the encrypted "Secure Mail Key" or change my password even.
>> Any help will be appreciated
>>
>> Neil Marcus
>
> What do you have set for "Connection security" for that accounts
> incoming server settings?
>
> I believe you should use SSL/TLS, then the "Authentication method"
> should be OAuth.

0
Neil
11/28/2019 7:13:47 PM
Neil Marcus wrote:

> You are correct, it SHOULD be 0Auth, but the only options that I see
> are:1) Normal Password; 2) Encrypted Password; 3) Kerberos / GSSAPI & 4)
> NTLM
>
> BTW I'm in Seamonkey Version 2.49.3 which is the latest version.

Actually, it's not. Automatic updating has been broken for a while, the
current version is 2.49.5. You have to install it manually.

<https://www.seamonkey-project.org/>

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
11/28/2019 7:18:56 PM
As Paul points out the current version of SeaMonkey is 2.49.5 which
won't help, but you should update anyway.

See <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1269328> for solution.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
WaltS48

Neil

WaltS48 wrote:
> As Paul points out the current version of SeaMonkey is 2.49.5 which
> won't help, but you should update anyway.
>
> See <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1269328> for solution.
>
> On 11/28/19 2:13 PM, Neil Marcus wrote:
>> You are correct, it SHOULD be 0Auth, but the only options that I see
>> are:1) Normal Password; 2) Encrypted Password; 3) Kerberos / GSSAPI &
>> 4) NTLM
>>
>> BTW I'm in Seamonkey Version 2.49.3 which is the latest version.
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> What do you have set for "Connection security" for that accounts
>>> incoming server settings?
>>>
>>> I believe you should use SSL/TLS, then the "Authentication method"
>>> should be OAuth.

0
Neil
11/29/2019 1:24:21 PM

Neil Marcus wrote:
> Thanks Paul, I'm now 2.49.5 but the Authentication Methods still don't show
> 0Auth as an option for Incoming Mail. Its still only available on Outgoing
> Mail. So how do I put in my "Secure Mail Key"?
>
> Neil

You don't use oauth. Your secure mail key is your password.

FRG
0
Frank
11/29/2019 1:28:09 PM
I can understand that, but it won't let me enter a new password. I even
went to the Password Manager and searched for mailbox://pop.att.net and
no such password exists. The OLD setting of mailbox://pop.yahoo.att.com
existed and I deleted that. I do have a login using my att email
ncmarcus@att.net but its at att.com instead of net. And OBVIOUSLY it has
a different password than my Secure Mail Key.

So I guess the real question is how do I force Seamonkey to let me enter
a New Password for this account. I have already deleted the account and
entered it from scratch. Any tricks that I missed???

Neil

Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

> Neil Marcus wrote:
>> Thanks Paul, I'm now 2.49.5 but the Authentication Methods still don't
>> show 0Auth as an option for Incoming Mail. Its still only available on
>> Outgoing Mail. So how do I put in my "Secure Mail Key"?
>>
>> Neil
>>

> You don't use oauth. Your secure mail key is your password.
>
> FRG

0
Neil
11/29/2019 1:55:24 PM
In case I wasn't clear. I DO have my secure mail key, I just can't enter it.

Neil

Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

> Neil Marcus wrote:
>> Thanks Paul, I'm now 2.49.5 but the Authentication Methods still don't
>> show 0Auth as an option for Incoming Mail. Its still only available on
>> Outgoing Mail. So how do I put in my "Secure Mail Key"?
>>
>> Neil
>>

> You don't use oauth. Your secure mail key is your password.
>
> FRG

0
Neil
11/29/2019 1:57:26 PM
On 11/29/19 8:57 AM, Neil Marcus wrote:
> In case I wasn't clear. I DO have my secure mail key, I just can't enter
> it.
>
> Neil

You followed the instructions in the link I posted, deleted the old
passwords, then tried to get mail and when the application asked for the
password you entered the secure mail key and AT&T didn't accept it?

You would also have to enter it when you tried to send email.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
WaltS48
11/29/2019 2:18:48 PM
Neil Marcus wrote:
> In case I wasn't clear. I DO have my secure mail key, I just can't enter
> it.
>
> Neil
>

> Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>>

>> Neil Marcus wrote:
>>> Thanks Paul, I'm now 2.49.5 but the Authentication Methods still
>>> don't show 0Auth as an option for Incoming Mail. Its still only
>>> available on Outgoing Mail. So how do I put in my "Secure Mail Key"?
>>>
>>> Neil
>>>

>> You don't use oauth. Your secure mail key is your password.
>>
>> FRG

I just tested mine without any changes and it worked.

What port do you have set?
Mine is 995 and for SMTP its 465

Jim
0
Jim
11/29/2019 2:55:59 PM
Neil Marcus wrote:
> AT&T is changing from non-secure to secure login. They prefer 0Auth but
> Seamonkey only has that for outgoing not incoming. I need to give them a
> Secure Key, but simply changing my settings from "NORMAL Password" to
> "Encrypted Password" does not bring up a new dialogue box to enter the
> encrypted "Secure Mail Key" or change my password even. Any help will be
> appreciated
>
> Neil Marcus

This is intersting...
I've been using att.net mail (Yahoo) for years and have not
changed any settings.  I did get an email notification
from ATT about secure and called ATT support.  They did not have
a clue about settings and I finally gave up after speaking with
support levels 1, 2, and 3.
My email continues to work just fine.
pop.att.yahoo.com, port 995.
me@att.net.
SSL/TLS; normal p/w.
outgoing - smtp.att.yahoo.com (Default);
port 465, normal p/w, SSL/TLS.

0
Paul
11/29/2019 5:01:42 PM
Walt, Only sort of. I did delete the ONLY email passwords for ATT.net
that I could find. BUT it didn't ask me to reenter any passwords.

NOTE: I didn't delete my att.COM login, which shows my att.NET email as
my login name.

Neil

WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/29/19 8:57 AM, Neil Marcus wrote:
>> In case I wasn't clear. I DO have my secure mail key, I just can't
>> enter it.
>>
>> Neil
>
> You followed the instructions in the link I posted, deleted the old
> passwords, then tried to get mail and when the application asked for the
> password you entered the secure mail key and AT&T didn't accept it?
>
> You would also have to enter it when you tried to send email.
>

>> Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

>>> You don't use oauth. Your secure mail key is your password.
>>>
>>> FRG

0
Neil
11/29/2019 6:43:41 PM
Jim, when I went to the att.com website, they said to use Port 993 for
the incoming mail. You are correct on the outgoing.

Also, I have setup Connection Security "SSL/TLS" and Authentication
Method "Encrypted Password".

Neil

Jim Dell wrote:
> Neil Marcus wrote:
>> In case I wasn't clear. I DO have my secure mail key, I just can't
>> enter it.
>>
>> Neil
>>

>> Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

>>> You don't use oauth. Your secure mail key is your password.
>>>
>>> FRG
>>
> I just tested mine without any changes and it worked.
>
> What port do you have set?
> Mine is 995 and for SMTP its 465
>
> Jim

0
Neil
11/29/2019 6:48:30 PM
So have I. The problem is, that they are moving their file server away=20
from YAHOO. If you don't change it before they move their servers, 1 day =

you will just not get your mail.

Neil

Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> Neil Marcus wrote:
>> AT&T is changing from non-secure to secure login. They prefer 0Auth bu=
>> Seamonkey only has that for outgoing not incoming. I need to give them=
>> Secure Key, but simply changing my settings from "NORMAL Password" to
>> "Encrypted Password" does not bring up a new dialogue box to enter the=

>> encrypted "Secure Mail Key" or change my password even. Any help will =
be
>> appreciated
>>
>> Neil Marcus
>=20
> This is intersting...
> I've been using att.net mail (Yahoo) for years and have not
> changed any settings.=C2=A0 I did get an email notification
> from ATT about secure and called ATT support.=C2=A0 They did not have
> a clue about settings and I finally gave up after speaking with
> support levels 1, 2, and 3.
> My email continues to work just fine.
> pop.att.yahoo.com, port 995.
> me@att.net.
> SSL/TLS; normal p/w.
> outgoing - smtp.att.yahoo.com (Default);
> port 465, normal p/w, SSL/TLS.
>=20

0
Neil
11/29/2019 10:12:48 PM
Neil Marcus wrote:
> So have I. The problem is, that they are moving their file server away
> from YAHOO. If you don't change it before they move their servers, 1 day
> you will just not get your mail.
>
> Neil

OH!  Thanks for the head's up.

0
Paul
11/30/2019 3:44:09 AM
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> Neil Marcus wrote:
>> So have I. The problem is, that they are moving their file server away
>> from YAHOO. If you don't change it before they move their servers, 1 day
>> you will just not get your mail.
>>
>> Neil
>>

> OH!  Thanks for the head's up.

I can do nothing with Seamonkey for AT& email. If I use Firefox, I can see my email. Somewhere along
the line, the mail software gave a list of supported email programs was shown. SeaMonkey was not on
the list.
0
Arnie
12/7/2019 3:52:52 PM
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
> Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Neil Marcus wrote:
>>> So have I. The problem is, that they are moving their file server away
>>> from YAHOO. If you don't change it before they move their servers, 1 day
>>> you will just not get your mail.
>>>
>>> Neil
>>>

>> OH!  Thanks for the head's up.
>>
> I can do nothing with Seamonkey for AT& email. If I use Firefox, I can see my email. Somewhere along
> the line, the mail software gave a list of supported email programs was shown. SeaMonkey was not on
> the list.

If you can see it on Firefox then either they require features not in SM
2.49.4 or they don't do proper browser sniffing.  In the poor sniffing
case you can correct this by using a UA switcher and telling them you
are Firefox 52 and see if they like it.  If not, you might need to try
the 2.53.x release in development at the present.

Of course you should also check if they list Thunderbird as supported
and try setting up the account through the news/mail part of SM 2.49.4
if you prefer.

Dave
0
David
12/7/2019 4:26:51 PM
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
> Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Neil Marcus wrote:
>>> So have I. The problem is, that they are moving their file server away
>>> from YAHOO. If you don't change it before they move their servers, 1 day
>>> you will just not get your mail.
>>>
>>> Neil
>>>

>> OH!  Thanks for the head's up.
>>
> I can do nothing with Seamonkey for AT& email. If I use Firefox, I can see my email. Somewhere along
> the line, the mail software gave a list of supported email programs was shown. SeaMonkey was not on
> the list.

FireFox is not an email program.
FF does not have built in handlers for pop3, imap, and smtp.
Are you using webmail?

0
Paul
12/7/2019 6:32:58 PM
I, too, use AT&T email and also had problems getting my mail when they=20
changed their program.=C2=A0 It would not recognize my email password.

BTW, each morning, I open up my email on the Yahoo site:
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/
First, my old password was not recognized when the Yahoo/ATT website was =

updated but I could still download my email.=C2=A0 After a couple of days=
, I=20
got back onto the Yahoo/Att website and followed instructions on how to=20
change my password.

After that I found that while I could read my email on the Yahoo site=20
and delete all the junk email, I found I could not down down load the=20
emails so had to go into the Seamonkey email settings and change my=20
password there also to match the one on the Yahoo site.

After that, all is normal and I am back to getting my email without any=20
problems.
--=20
Pat Connors
http://www.connorsgenealogy.com
0
Pat
12/7/2019 8:52:00 PM
Pat Connors wrote:
> I, too, use AT&T email and also had problems getting my mail when they changed their program.  It
> would not recognize my email password.
>
> BTW, each morning, I open up my email on the Yahoo site:
> https://currently.att.yahoo.com/
> First, my old password was not recognized when the Yahoo/ATT website was updated but I could still
> download my email.  After a couple of days, I got back onto the Yahoo/Att website and followed
> instructions on how to change my password.
>
> After that I found that while I could read my email on the Yahoo site and delete all the junk email,
> I found I could not down down load the emails so had to go into the Seamonkey email settings and
> change my password there also to match the one on the Yahoo site.
>
> After that, all is normal and I am back to getting my email without any problems.

0
Arnie
12/8/2019 6:20:53 PM
Pat Connors wrote:
> I, too, use AT&T email and also had problems getting my mail when they changed their program.  It
> would not recognize my email password.
>
> BTW, each morning, I open up my email on the Yahoo site:
> https://currently.att.yahoo.com/
> First, my old password was not recognized when the Yahoo/ATT website was updated but I could still
> download my email.  After a couple of days, I got back onto the Yahoo/Att website and followed
> instructions on how to change my password.
>
> After that I found that while I could read my email on the Yahoo site and delete all the junk email,
> I found I could not down down load the emails so had to go into the Seamonkey email settings and
> change my password there also to match the one on the Yahoo site.
>
> After that, all is normal and I am back to getting my email without any problems.

Thanks for the reply. I am working on my account now. Fingers crossed !!!
0
Arnie