Need help to upgrade latest Seamonkey

There's a message in SM advising I update to the latest V2.49.5
I downloaded the appropriate version (Linux x64 British English) and extracted the files. I see one named updater but clicking on it does nothing.
I can't find newbie instructions and seek some guidance.
My distro is MX-18.3_x64 Continuum.
0
jprincic
9/11/2019 11:23:13 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13198 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 12/09/19 00:23, jprincic@gmail.com wrote:
> There's a message in SM advising I update to the latest V2.49.5
> I downloaded the appropriate version (Linux x64 British English) and extracted the files. I see one named updater but clicking on it does nothing.
> I can't find newbie instructions and seek some guidance.
> My distro is MX-18.3_x64 Continuum.

MX is based on Debian, instructions for which are at
<https://wiki.debian.org/Seamonkey>.

You'll want to add the British English language pack. There don't seem
to be any for 2.49.5 but I installed the 2.49.4 pack
<https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.49.4/langpack/seamonkey-2.49.4.en-GB.langpack.xpi>.

HTH

--
London