Multi-pages ... one icon!

On my SeaMonkey, I usually have Mail and News, Chatzilla and browser
(six tabs) open.

On Win7, when I moused over the SM icon on the taskbar, I've had eight
screens show up. But, today, I've got just the traditional three screen,
M & N, Chat, and Browser. Whoohoo!!

I recall reading on the SeaMonkey IRC channel, a couple of days ago,
either FRG or WG9s saying they were about to start work on fixing the
problem, so after a future update, I'd be back to just the three screens
when mouse-overing the SeaMonkey icon on the task bar.

What have I done right??
--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
10/5/2018 8:23:44 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12958 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Daniel wrote on 5/10/2018 6:23 PM:
> On my SeaMonkey, I usually have Mail and News, Chatzilla and browser
> (six tabs) open.
>
> On Win7, when I moused over the SM icon on the taskbar, I've had eight
> screens show up. But, today, I've got just the traditional three screen,
> M & N, Chat, and Browser. Whoohoo!!
>
> I recall reading on the SeaMonkey IRC channel, a couple of days ago,
> either FRG or WG9s saying they were about to start work on fixing the
> problem, so after a future update, I'd be back to just the three screens
> when mouse-overing the SeaMonkey icon on the task bar.
>
> What have I done right??

And, today, things are back to normal ... mouseing over the SM icon on
the Win7 taskbar produces eight icons, ChatZilla, Mail & News and the
six browser tabs!!

Oh well!! :-(
--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
10/6/2018 10:11:58 AM
Sat, 6 Oct 2018 20:11:58 +1000, _Daniel_:
> Daniel wrote on 5/10/2018 6:23 PM:
>
>> On my SeaMonkey, I usually have Mail and News, Chatzilla and browser
>> (six tabs) open.
>>
>> On Win7, when I moused over the SM icon on the taskbar, I've had eight
>> screens show up. But, today, I've got just the traditional three
>> screen, M & N, Chat, and Browser. Whoohoo!!
>>
>> I recall reading on the SeaMonkey IRC channel, a couple of days ago,
>> either FRG or WG9s saying they were about to start work on fixing the
>> problem, so after a future update, I'd be back to just the three
>> screens when mouse-overing the SeaMonkey icon on the task bar.
>>
>> What have I done right??
>
> And, today, things are back to normal ... mouseing over the SM icon on
> the Win7 taskbar produces eight icons, ChatZilla, Mail & News and the
> six browser tabs!!
>
> Oh well!! :-(

I usually have quite a few tabs and multiple browser windows opened, and
I don't like having all tabs expanded when I hover the SM app icon on
the taskbar, so I've set:

browser.taskbar.previews.enable = false

but that's the opposite of your preference, which happens to be the
default SeaMonkey setting.  Next time you get the undesired behavior you
may try toggling this one, and then toggle it back.

--
Stanimir
0
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote on 6/10/2018 9:39 PM:
> Sat, 6 Oct 2018 20:11:58 +1000, _Daniel_:
>> Daniel wrote on 5/10/2018 6:23 PM:
>>
>>> On my SeaMonkey, I usually have Mail and News, Chatzilla and browser
>>> (six tabs) open.
>>>
>>> On Win7, when I moused over the SM icon on the taskbar, I've had
>>> eight screens show up. But, today, I've got just the traditional
>>> three screen, M & N, Chat, and Browser. Whoohoo!!
>>>
>>> I recall reading on the SeaMonkey IRC channel, a couple of days ago,
>>> either FRG or WG9s saying they were about to start work on fixing the
>>> problem, so after a future update, I'd be back to just the three
>>> screens when mouse-overing the SeaMonkey icon on the task bar.
>>>
>>> What have I done right??
>>
>> And, today, things are back to normal ... mouseing over the SM icon on
>> the Win7 taskbar produces eight icons, ChatZilla, Mail & News and the
>> six browser tabs!!
>>
>> Oh well!! :-(
>
> I usually have quite a few tabs and multiple browser windows opened, and
> I don't like having all tabs expanded when I hover the SM app icon on
> the taskbar, so I've set:
>
> browser.taskbar.previews.enable = false
>
> but that's the opposite of your preference, which happens to be the
> default SeaMonkey setting.  Next time you get the undesired behavior you
> may try toggling this one, and then toggle it back.

O.K., thanks for this, Stanimir. It was set to default, true, but I've
changed it to false and will see what effect it has when I reboot
tomorrow!! (No great rush!!)

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
10/7/2018 7:50:02 AM
Daniel wrote on 7/10/2018 6:50 PM:
> Stanimir Stamenkov wrote on 6/10/2018 9:39 PM:

>>> And, today, things are back to normal ... mouseing over the SM icon
>>> on the Win7 taskbar produces eight icons, ChatZilla, Mail & News and
>>> the six browser tabs!!
>>>
>>> Oh well!! :-(
>>
>> I usually have quite a few tabs and multiple browser windows opened,
>> and I don't like having all tabs expanded when I hover the SM app icon
>> on the taskbar, so I've set:
>>
>> browser.taskbar.previews.enable = false
>>
>> but that's the opposite of your preference, which happens to be the
>> default SeaMonkey setting.  Next time you get the undesired behavior
>> you may try toggling this one, and then toggle it back.
>>
> O.K., thanks for this, Stanimir. It was set to default, true, but I've
> changed it to false and will see what effect it has when I reboot
> tomorrow!! (No great rush!!)

Today, after re-booting, I have just three images when mousing over the
Task-Bar icon, ChatZilla, M & N and a single Browser, which, if
selected, gives me access to my six browser tabs!!

To be honest, after making the change yesterday, the browser was showing
as a single image so, maybe, this pref does not need a re=boot to take
effect!

Yeah!! Thanks Stanimir