most annoying website on the planet? Ancestry.com

been sorta banging my haed against the wall all day long trying to get
Ancestry.com's super annoying javascript to play nice with Seamonkey (or
Firefox)

> Note:  This site uses cookies as set out in our cookie policy. To change your preferences please go to our cookie policy. By continuing to use our site, you agree to our use of cookies.

Interestingly enough even Microsoft Edge doesn't wanna play with
Ancestry anymore...

I can enter the site, but certain javascript enabled functions refuse to
work:

> javascript:callForShareTreeLink();

pondering how to make this work... anybody been successful?

--
sean nathan bean
  ~ requires all to bring us a shrubbery!

"The purpose of life, is to be happy."
       ~ Dalai Lama XIV

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
       ~ Abraham Lincoln
0
sean
7/8/2018 12:28:11 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12936 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 07/07/2018 07:28 PM, sean wrote:
> been sorta banging my haed against the wall all day long trying to get =

> Ancestry.com's super annoying javascript to play nice with Seamonkey (o=
r=20
> Firefox)
>=20
>> Note:=C2=A0 This site uses cookies as set out in our cookie policy. To=
=20
>> change your preferences please go to our cookie policy. By continuing =

>> to use our site, you agree to our use of cookies.=20
>=20
>=20
> Interestingly enough even Microsoft Edge doesn't wanna play with=20
> Ancestry anymore...
>=20
> I can enter the site, but certain javascript enabled functions refuse t=
o=20
> work:
>=20
>> javascript:callForShareTreeLink();
>=20
> pondering how to make this work... anybody been successful?
>=20

Sounds like one of the reasons I avoid JavaScript like the plague.
Now that my point of view has been established, have you sent=20
Ancestry.com a "BUG report"? From your phraseology they have recently=20
change "something" that breaks on at least two browsers.

0
Richard