Messages with attachments being deleted.

	Any message sent my way that includes an attachment is being deleted
before it arrives on my computer. All messages that do not have an
attachment are arriving okay.  Here is what I'm looking at in the way of
my computer system/set-up:

I am using a desktop computer.
I am using Windows 10 Home
1 have 400 GB of Ram
My ISP is AOL.
My browser is SeaMonkey version 2.49.3
I also employ an application names MailWasher Pro, version 7.11.0
My computer virus scan software is WebRoot Secure Anywhere version 9,0,20,31

Yesterday, I had my daughter send me a message with an attachment---I
never saw her message (either in my SeaMonkey mail or in MailWasher).

I next saw a message (with an attachment)in MailWasher from a source
that was identified by me as a Friend.  I next washed the rest of my
mail and downloaded the good items to my computer.  The message with the
attachment did not appear in my SeaMonkey Inbox.  I could not find a
trace of this message in the MailWasher Recycle Folder or in an AOL
located files.

I then observed another message in MailWasher that had an attachment.  I
decided to not take any action in MailWasher relative to this
message...I simply went to SeaMonkey and downloaded my messages (wanted
and unwanted) from my SeaMonkey application.  The message that had an
attachment was not in my download.

This loss of messages, ones having attachments, has been going on for
some time.  I have gone through MailWasher from one end to the other
searching for a reason for these deletions.  I sent a message to AOL and
they have not responded.

This problem started about the same time that I installed SeaMonkey
version 2.49.3...about the time that I upgraded MailWasher from Free to
Pro...and about the time that my Windows 10 software was updated with a
major upgrade.

I'm looking for help with finding a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help sent my way.

Frog
0
Frog
7/9/2018 3:48:44 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12916 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Frog wrote:
>      Any message sent my way that includes an attachment is being
> deleted before it arrives on my computer. All messages that do not have
> an attachment are arriving okay.  Here is what I'm looking at in the way
> of my computer system/set-up:
>
> I am using a desktop computer.
> I am using Windows 10 Home
> 1 have 400 GB of Ram
> My ISP is AOL.
> My browser is SeaMonkey version 2.49.3
> I also employ an application names MailWasher Pro, version 7.11.0
> My computer virus scan software is WebRoot Secure Anywhere version
> 9,0,20,31
>
> Yesterday, I had my daughter send me a message with an attachment---I
> never saw her message (either in my SeaMonkey mail or in MailWasher).
>
> I next saw a message (with an attachment)in MailWasher from a source
> that was identified by me as a Friend.  I next washed the rest of my
> mail and downloaded the good items to my computer.  The message with the
> attachment did not appear in my SeaMonkey Inbox.  I could not find a
> trace of this message in the MailWasher Recycle Folder or in an AOL
> located files.
>
> I then observed another message in MailWasher that had an attachment.  I
> decided to not take any action in MailWasher relative to this
> message...I simply went to SeaMonkey and downloaded my messages (wanted
> and unwanted) from my SeaMonkey application.  The message that had an
> attachment was not in my download.
>
> This loss of messages, ones having attachments, has been going on for
> some time.  I have gone through MailWasher from one end to the other
> searching for a reason for these deletions.  I sent a message to AOL and
> they have not responded.
>
> This problem started about the same time that I installed SeaMonkey
> version 2.49.3...about the time that I upgraded MailWasher from Free to
> Pro...and about the time that my Windows 10 software was updated with a
> major upgrade.
>
> I'm looking for help with finding a solution for this problem.
>

> Thanks in advance for any help sent my way.
>
> Frog

Additional Information

I continued my search today for the reason why wanted messages with
attachments were not arriving in my SeaMonkey mail.  Interestingly, I
found some of these messages were sent to my never used AOL browser as
trash.  This information indicates to me that my virus scan software is
not deleting these messages...that software at AOL is not deleting these
messages...and now I believe my lost message problem is located either
in SeaMonkey or MailWasher.

I continue to need help with this problem.

Frog
0
Frog
7/9/2018 9:00:10 PM
Frog wrote on 09-07-18 23:00:
> Frog wrote:
>>      Any message sent my way that includes an attachment is being
>> deleted before it arrives on my computer. All messages that do not
>> have an attachment are arriving okay. Here is what I'm looking at in
>> the way of my computer system/set-up:
>>
>> I am using a desktop computer.
>> I am using Windows 10 Home
>> 1 have 400 GB of Ram
>> My ISP is AOL.
>> My browser is SeaMonkey version 2.49.3
>> I also employ an application names MailWasher Pro, version 7.11.0
>> My computer virus scan software is WebRoot Secure Anywhere version
>> 9,0,20,31
>>
>> Yesterday, I had my daughter send me a message with an attachment---I
>> never saw her message (either in my SeaMonkey mail or in MailWasher).
>>
>> I next saw a message (with an attachment)in MailWasher from a source
>> that was identified by me as a Friend.  I next washed the rest of my
>> mail and downloaded the good items to my computer. The message with
>> the attachment did not appear in my SeaMonkey Inbox.  I could not
>> find a trace of this message in the MailWasher Recycle Folder or in
>> an AOL located files.
>>
>> I then observed another message in MailWasher that had an
>> attachment.  I decided to not take any action in MailWasher relative
>> to this message...I simply went to SeaMonkey and downloaded my
>> messages (wanted and unwanted) from my SeaMonkey application.  The
>> message that had an attachment was not in my download.
>>
>> This loss of messages, ones having attachments, has been going on for
>> some time.  I have gone through MailWasher from one end to the other
>> searching for a reason for these deletions.  I sent a message to AOL
>> and they have not responded.
>>
>> This problem started about the same time that I installed SeaMonkey
>> version 2.49.3...about the time that I upgraded MailWasher from Free
>> to Pro...and about the time that my Windows 10 software was updated
>> with a major upgrade.
>>
>> I'm looking for help with finding a solution for this problem.
>>

>> Thanks in advance for any help sent my way.
>>
>> Frog
>

> Additional Information
>
> I continued my search today for the reason why wanted messages with
> attachments were not arriving in my SeaMonkey mail. Interestingly, I
> found some of these messages were sent to my never used AOL browser as
> trash.  This information indicates to me that my virus scan software
> is not deleting these messages...that software at AOL is not deleting
> these messages...and now I believe my lost message problem is located
> either in SeaMonkey or MailWasher.
>
> I continue to need help with this problem.
>
> Frog
You may try uninstalling MailWasher ...
0
Ray_Net
7/10/2018 5:59:08 AM
  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:ZKidnURKDuhHUd7GnZ2dnUU7-VPNnZ2d@mozilla.org">Frog
      wrote:
[...]
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="166">--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"      Mister Ed    </pre>
0
UTF
7/10/2018 10:35:20 AM
Ray_Net wrote:
> Frog wrote on 09-07-18 23:00:
>> Frog wrote:
>>>      Any message sent my way that includes an attachment is being
>>> deleted before it arrives on my computer. All messages that do not
>>> have an attachment are arriving okay. Here is what I'm looking at in
>>> the way of my computer system/set-up:
>>>
>>> I am using a desktop computer.
>>> I am using Windows 10 Home
>>> 1 have 400 GB of Ram
>>> My ISP is AOL.
>>> My browser is SeaMonkey version 2.49.3
>>> I also employ an application names MailWasher Pro, version 7.11.0
>>> My computer virus scan software is WebRoot Secure Anywhere version
>>> 9,0,20,31
>>>
>>> Yesterday, I had my daughter send me a message with an attachment---I
>>> never saw her message (either in my SeaMonkey mail or in MailWasher).
>>>
>>> I next saw a message (with an attachment)in MailWasher from a source
>>> that was identified by me as a Friend.  I next washed the rest of my
>>> mail and downloaded the good items to my computer. The message with
>>> the attachment did not appear in my SeaMonkey Inbox.  I could not
>>> find a trace of this message in the MailWasher Recycle Folder or in
>>> an AOL located files.
>>>
>>> I then observed another message in MailWasher that had an
>>> attachment.  I decided to not take any action in MailWasher relative
>>> to this message...I simply went to SeaMonkey and downloaded my
>>> messages (wanted and unwanted) from my SeaMonkey application.  The
>>> message that had an attachment was not in my download.
>>>
>>> This loss of messages, ones having attachments, has been going on for
>>> some time.  I have gone through MailWasher from one end to the other
>>> searching for a reason for these deletions.  I sent a message to AOL
>>> and they have not responded.
>>>
>>> This problem started about the same time that I installed SeaMonkey
>>> version 2.49.3...about the time that I upgraded MailWasher from Free
>>> to Pro...and about the time that my Windows 10 software was updated
>>> with a major upgrade.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for help with finding a solution for this problem.
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance for any help sent my way.
>>>
>>> Frog
>>

>> Additional Information
>>
>> I continued my search today for the reason why wanted messages with
>> attachments were not arriving in my SeaMonkey mail. Interestingly, I
>> found some of these messages were sent to my never used AOL browser as
>> trash.  This information indicates to me that my virus scan software
>> is not deleting these messages...that software at AOL is not deleting
>> these messages...and now I believe my lost message problem is located
>> either in SeaMonkey or MailWasher.
>>
>> I continue to need help with this problem.
>>
>> Frog
> You may try uninstalling MailWasher ...

I think...I hope the solution to my problem has been found. I contacted
AOL about my situation...mainly I asked if a filter was placed on my
mail. Here is what they said...

Please note that these situations often occur when an email filter is
preventing all incoming emails from reaching the Inbox folder. These
filters are usually changed when an AOL account was hacked or compromised.

To resolve this, we have reset the server settings associated to your
account that may have been changed if your account was compromised and
you should be receiving emails normally from now on. Please sign out and
back in for the changes to take full effect.

So far, with fingers crossed, I am once again receiving incoming
messages with attachments in my inbox.  I know of no hacking or
compromise of my account...or that any filter was ever placed on my account.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Frog

0
Frog
7/12/2018 11:48:55 AM
Frog wrote on 12/07/2018 9:48 PM:
> Ray_Net wrote:
>> Frog wrote on 09-07-18 23:00:

<Snip>

>>> Additional Information
>>>
>>> I continued my search today for the reason why wanted messages
>>> with attachments were not arriving in my SeaMonkey mail.
>>> Interestingly, I found some of these messages were sent to my
>>> never used AOL browser as trash.  This information indicates to
>>> me that my virus scan software is not deleting these
>>> messages...that software at AOL is not deleting these
>>> messages...and now I believe my lost message problem is located
>>> either in SeaMonkey or MailWasher.
>>>
>>> I continue to need help with this problem.
>>>
>>> Frog
>> You may try uninstalling MailWasher ...
>
> I think...I hope the solution to my problem has been found. I
> contacted AOL about my situation...mainly I asked if a filter was
> placed on my mail. Here is what they said...
>

> Please note that these situations often occur when an email filter is
>  preventing all incoming emails from reaching the Inbox folder. These
>  filters are usually changed when an AOL account was hacked or
> compromised.
>
> To resolve this, we have reset the server settings associated to your
>  account that may have been changed if your account was compromised
> and you should be receiving emails normally from now on. Please sign
> out and back in for the changes to take full effect.
>

> So far, with fingers crossed, I am once again receiving incoming
> messages with attachments in my inbox.  I know of no hacking or
> compromise of my account...or that any filter was ever placed on my
> account.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> Frog

Gee Whiz!! I would have thought that if a Service Provider was going to
change the set-up of the service they provided, they would tell the
users all about it!! ;-)

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel