Mail Folders SM 2.49.4 W 10Pro DeskTop

Hello all,

I Am trying to figure out what has happened to my Folders and
sub-Folders in three (3) of my eight (8) accounts...

This occurred after W10 update, all programs were closed.

Any guidance or recommendations on how to recover, etc...

Yes, I did not back up as I recently created these profiles which was
most likely the best time to do an initial back up...  ;-(

TIA - bo1953
0
bo1953
3/13/2019 11:57:16 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13081 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

bo1953 wrote on 14/03/2019 10:57 AM:
> Hello all,
>
> I Am trying to figure out what has happened to my Folders and
> sub-Folders in three (3) of my eight (8) accounts...
>
> This occurred after W10 update, all programs were closed.
>
> Any guidance or recommendations on how to recover, etc...
>
> Yes, I did not back up as I recently created these profiles which was
> most likely the best time to do an initial back up...  ;-(
>
> TIA - bo1953

a)	If you look Tools->Switch Profiles do you see more profiles listed
than you would have expected?? If you find extras, switch to those
profiles to see if you find your lost Folders.

b)	Look at Edit->Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings and select 'Server
Settings'. Note the location listed in the 'Local directory'. Close
SeaMonkey and, in your Windows Explorer, go to that location and see if
you can find your missing accounts.

HTH.

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
3/14/2019 7:06:33 AM
bo1953 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I Am trying to figure out what has happened to my Folders and
> sub-Folders in three (3) of my eight (8) accounts...
>
> This occurred after W10 update, all programs were closed.
>
> Any guidance or recommendations on how to recover, etc...
>
> Yes, I did not back up as I recently created these profiles which was
> most likely the best time to do an initial back up...  ;-(
>
> TIA - bo1953

What I did, as a first course of action was to check the disk for errors
and that worked, to a great degree because the mail accounts which were
not all that important did not resolve, the major ones did and I Am a
happy camper.

Working on getting everything backed up by copying the folders and
tucking them safe elsewhere on the drive.

Thank you all for your input.

bo1953
0
bo1953