Listing Mail/Newsgroups tag - HowTo?

I find the Mail & Newsgroups Tags extremely useful.
I currently have ~50 discrete tags.

There is no problem with relative priorities - it evolves easily as
current needs change.

Color assignment is currently chaotic and *needs* an overhaul.
To do this I need a list of the current tags
    preferably in current priority order
    preferably with current assigned color

It's available somewhere as View->Tags can display it as a colorized 
ordered list.

How can I retrieve that information?
TIA

0
Richard
6/6/2019 10:48:24 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13166 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
42 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

On 6/6/19 6:48 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I find the Mail & Newsgroups Tags extremely useful.
> I currently have ~50 discrete tags.
> 
> There is no problem with relative priorities - it evolves easily as
> current needs change.
> 
> Color assignment is currently chaotic and *needs* an overhaul.
> To do this I need a list of the current tags
>     preferably in current priority order
>     preferably with current assigned color
> 
> It's available somewhere as View->Tags can display it as a colorized 
> ordered list.
> 
> How can I retrieve that information?
> TIA
> 

Going to about:config and searching, I see tags listed like this in my 
SeaMonkey.

mailnews.tags.$label1.color;#FF0000
mailnews.tags.$label1.tag;Important
mailnews.tags.$label2.color;#FF9900
mailnews.tags.$label2.tag;Work

and so on.

HTH
-- 
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/
0
WaltS48
6/6/2019 2:17:17 PM
On 06/06/2019 09:17 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 6/6/19 6:48 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> I find the Mail & Newsgroups Tags extremely useful.
>> I currently have ~50 discrete tags.
>>
>> There is no problem with relative priorities - it evolves easily as
>> current needs change.
>>
>> Color assignment is currently chaotic and *needs* an overhaul.
>> To do this I need a list of the current tags
>> =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 preferably in current priority order
>> =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 preferably with current assigned color
>>
>> It's available somewhere as View->Tags can display it as a colorized=20
>> ordered list.
>>
>> How can I retrieve that information?
>> TIA
>>
>=20
> Going to about:config and searching, I see tags listed like this in my =

> SeaMonkey.
>=20
> mailnews.tags.$label1.color;#FF0000
> mailnews.tags.$label1.tag;Important
> mailnews.tags.$label2.color;#FF9900
> mailnews.tags.$label2.tag;Work
>=20
> and so on.
>=20

I was just going to write that, after 3 cups of coffee, I had found the=20
information in prefs.js .

There it has the format
> user_pref("mailnews.tags.X.color", "Y");
> user_pref("mailnews.tags.X.ordinal", "Z");
> user_pref("mailnews.tags.X.tag", "the displayed lable");
Consider X and Z as not for human use.
Y is how SeaMonkey has coded the color.

I can copy that content to a file which I can manipulate for my needs.
[standard caveat - don't edit prefs.js directly ]


0
Richard
6/6/2019 3:14:17 PM
Reply: