Javascript #4

Just started using the latest SM and when visiting local weather a
message popped up saying I need JavaScript to view it.  Should I
install Javascript and if so how to get it?  Thanks.

G.Ross
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13677 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

G. Ross wrote:
> Just started using the latest SM and when visiting local weather a
> message popped up saying I need JavaScript to view it.  Should I install
> Javascript and if so how to get it?  Thanks.
>
> G.Ross

Javascript (as opposed to Java) is natively supported by pretty much all
browsers, if that site thinks you don't have it then I see two
possibilities:
- You have turned it off (Preferences -> Advanced -> Scripts & Plugins)
- You have something like Noscript running and that has turned it off
for you, for this site.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0
On 18/11/2020 15:16, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
> G. Ross wrote:
>> Just started using the latest SM and when visiting local weather a
>> message popped up saying I need JavaScript to view it.  Should I
>> install Javascript and if so how to get it?  Thanks.
>>
>> G.Ross
>
> Javascript (as opposed to Java) is natively supported by pretty much all
> browsers, if that site thinks you don't have it then I see two
> possibilities:
> - You have turned it off (Preferences -> Advanced -> Scripts & Plugins)
> - You have something like Noscript running and that has turned it off
> for you, for this site.

Or the site tests for some JS primitive that SM doesn't implement.

Or the site doesn't recognise SM and proceeds on the assumption that it
doesn't implement the JS level that it thinks is needed.

/df

--
London
UK
On 11/18/2020 8:38 AM, Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
> On 18/11/2020 15:16, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>> G. Ross wrote:
>>> Just started using the latest SM and when visiting local weather a
>>> message popped up saying I need JavaScript to view it.  Should I
>>> install Javascript and if so how to get it?  Thanks.
>>>
>>> G.Ross
>>
>> Javascript (as opposed to Java) is natively supported by pretty much
>> all browsers, if that site thinks you don't have it then I see two
>> possibilities:
>> - You have turned it off (Preferences -> Advanced -> Scripts & Plugins)
>> - You have something like Noscript running and that has turned it off
>> for you, for this site.
>>

> Or the site tests for some JS primitive that SM doesn't implement.
>
> Or the site doesn't recognise SM and proceeds on the assumption that it
> doesn't implement the JS level that it thinks is needed.

G. Ross, what's the weather web site? Do you have its exact URL you saw
this issue?
--
Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, z, tiredness, my
body, illnesses (e.g., COVID-19 & SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), heat,
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )
0
Ant
11/18/2020 8:17:36 PM
Ant wrote:
> On 11/18/2020 8:38 AM, Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
I=20

>>> Javascript (as opposed to Java) is natively supported by pretty much =

>>> all browsers, if that site thinks you don't have it then I see two=20
>>> possibilities:
>>> - You have turned it off (Preferences -> Advanced -> Scripts & Plugin=
s)
>>> - You have something like Noscript running and that has turned it off=
=20
>>> for you, for this site.
>>>
>>=20
>> Or the site tests for some JS primitive that SM doesn't implement.
>>=20
>> Or the site doesn't recognise SM and proceeds on the assumption that i=
t=20
>> doesn't implement the JS level that it thinks is needed.
>=20
> G. Ross, what's the weather web site? Do you have its exact URL you saw=

> this issue?
>=20
https://www.13wmaz.com/radar

G. Ross a tapoté le 19/11/2020 06:29:
>> G. Ross, what's the weather web site? Do you have its exact URL you saw
>> this issue?
>>
> https://www.13wmaz.com/radar

Access denied whith Seamonkey and Chromium.

--
Stéphane
Sorry for possible mistakes in English!
On 2020-11-19, Yamo' wrote:

> Hi,
> G. Ross a tapoté le 19/11/2020 06:29:
>>> G. Ross, what's the weather web site? Do you have its exact URL you saw
>>> this issue?
>>>
>> https://www.13wmaz.com/radar
>>

> Access denied whith Seamonkey and Chromium.

That looks like Akamai's blacklisting again.

--
Nuno Silva
0
On 11/19/20 12:29 AM, G. Ross wrote:
> Ant wrote:

Should I=20

>>> Or the site tests for some JS primitive that SM doesn't implement.
>>>
>>> Or the site doesn't recognise SM and proceeds on the assumption that =

>>> it doesn't implement the JS level that it thinks is needed.
>>
>> G. Ross, what's the weather web site? Do you have its exact URL you sa=
>> this issue?
>>
> https://www.13wmaz.com/radar
>=20

I get a "Your browser is not fully supported. For full feature support,=20
please upgrade to a modern browser such as Microsoft Edge."

Works in my Firefox though.

--=20
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48
11/19/2020 1:45:49 PM
G. Ross wrote:
> Ant wrote:

>>> Or the site tests for some JS primitive that SM doesn't implement.
>>>
>>> Or the site doesn't recognise SM and proceeds on the assumption that
>>> it doesn't implement the JS level that it thinks is needed.
>>
>> G. Ross, what's the weather web site? Do you have its exact URL you saw
>> this issue?
>>
> https://www.13wmaz.com/radar

Looks like a problem with their script kiddies.

Site does NOT work with:
SeaMonkey
FF OSR
IE11