Is it possible to UN-Killfile a thred??

In one of my UseNet groups, there is a thread (that I started) that I am
still interested in but, it would seem, I've kill0filed that thread,
'cause the only way I can find it in the Threads Pane is to
View->Threads->All and then scroll my way through several thousand
threads until I locate the appropriate Thread.

At this point, the Thread base is Bolded and there may or may-not
actually be message in the thread that are marked as *Unread* but I
guess because I've stupidly Kill-filled the thread, the Unread messages
count is zero.

So, without having to delete the News Group and re-download all the
messages (from 2015 to today, maybe a couple of thousand threads) and
re-mark as Read those threads I'm not interested in, is there someway I
can un-mark the thread as Read??

TIA

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
3/20/2020 1:55:10 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13414 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Daniel wrote:
> In one of my UseNet groups, there is a thread (that I started) that I am
> still interested in but, it would seem, I've kill0filed that thread,
> 'cause the only way I can find it in the Threads Pane is to
> View->Threads->All and then scroll my way through several thousand
> threads until I locate the appropriate Thread.
>
> At this point, the Thread base is Bolded and there may or may-not
> actually be message in the thread that are marked as *Unread* but I
> guess because I've stupidly Kill-filled the thread, the Unread messages
> count is zero.
>
> So, without having to delete the News Group and re-download all the
> messages (from 2015 to today, maybe a couple of thousand threads) and
> re-mark as Read those threads I'm not interested in, is there someway I
> can un-mark the thread as Read??
>
> TIA

Select all the messages in the thread and press the "M" key on your
keyboard.
0
WaltS48
3/20/2020 2:51:57 PM
On 3/20/2020 6:55 AM, Daniel wrote:
> In one of my UseNet groups, there is a thread (that I started) that I am
> still interested in but, it would seem, I've kill0filed that thread,
> 'cause the only way I can find it in the Threads Pane is to
> View->Threads->All and then scroll my way through several thousand
> threads until I locate the appropriate Thread.
>
> At this point, the Thread base is Bolded and there may or may-not
> actually be message in the thread that are marked as *Unread* but I
> guess because I've stupidly Kill-filled the thread, the Unread messages
> count is zero.
>
> So, without having to delete the News Group and re-download all the
> messages (from 2015 to today, maybe a couple of thousand threads) and
> re-mark as Read those threads I'm not interested in, is there someway I
> can un-mark the thread as Read??
>
> TIA

In Thunderbird 52.9.1, I can do the following.  Similar action should
work with SeaMonkey's Mail & Newsgroups.

1.  On the menu bar, select [View > Threads > Ignored Threads] to enable
viewing ignored threads.

2.  Expand the ignored thread.

3.  Select messages with the "Ignore" icon.

4.  Use the same keys that set Ignore to clear it.  (In Thunderbird that
is "k").

5.  On the menu bar, select [View > Threads > Ignored Threads] again to
disable viewing ignored threads.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Would the United States be more prepared to deal with COVID-19
if President Trump had not cut the budgets of the National
Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention (CDC)?  His administration also eliminated the
Directorate for Global Health and Security and Bio-Defense,
the agency within the National Security Council tasked to
provide early warnings about epidemics and pandemics.

https://www.avg.com

0
David
3/20/2020 4:00:48 PM
WaltS48 wrote on 21/03/2020 1:51 AM:
> Daniel wrote:
>> In one of my UseNet groups, there is a thread (that I started) that I
>> am still interested in but, it would seem, I've kill0filed that
>> thread, 'cause the only way I can find it in the Threads Pane is to
>> View->Threads->All and then scroll my way through several thousand
>> threads until I locate the appropriate Thread.
>>
>> At this point, the Thread base is Bolded and there may or may-not
>> actually be message in the thread that are marked as *Unread* but I
>> guess because I've stupidly Kill-filled the thread, the Unread
>> messages count is zero.
>>
>> So, without having to delete the News Group and re-download all the
>> messages (from 2015 to today, maybe a couple of thousand threads) and
>> re-mark as Read those threads I'm not interested in, is there someway
>> I can un-mark the thread as Read??
>>
>> TIA
>
> Select all the messages in the thread and press the "M" key on your
> keyboard.

AH!! O.K., that sounds reasonable. Thanks, Walt.

I'll report back!

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
3/21/2020 9:04:56 AM
Daniel wrote on 21/03/2020 8:04 PM:
> WaltS48 wrote on 21/03/2020 1:51 AM:
>> Daniel wrote:
>>> In one of my UseNet groups, there is a thread (that I started) that I
>>> am still interested in but, it would seem, I've kill0filed that
>>> thread, 'cause the only way I can find it in the Threads Pane is to
>>> View->Threads->All and then scroll my way through several thousand
>>> threads until I locate the appropriate Thread.
>>>
>>> At this point, the Thread base is Bolded and there may or may-not
>>> actually be message in the thread that are marked as *Unread* but I
>>> guess because I've stupidly Kill-filled the thread, the Unread
>>> messages count is zero.
>>>
>>> So, without having to delete the News Group and re-download all the
>>> messages (from 2015 to today, maybe a couple of thousand threads) and
>>> re-mark as Read those threads I'm not interested in, is there someway
>>> I can un-mark the thread as Read??
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>> Select all the messages in the thread and press the "M" key on your
>> keyboard.
>
> AH!! O.K., that sounds reasonable. Thanks, Walt.
>
> I'll report back!

Thanks, Walt, that appears to have fixed my problem .... at least for now!!