Is "Internet Explorer" STILL unsafe to use ?

I originally (back in the Jurassic Age)  went to SeaMonkey because I was
told that Internet Explorer was dangerous......full of ways for Viruses and
Malware ('holes') to get into my system.   That was MANY years ago !

Is that STILL a true statement today with Windows 10 (and even in Win 7) ?
Has Microsoft fixed it by now ?

I like SeaMonkey - but I am getting tired of GOOGLE and the bad entry window
business and spoofing and all that.

DoctorBill
0
DoctorBill
1/9/2020 3:15:01 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13325 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

DoctorBill wrote:
> I originally (back in the Jurassic Age)  went to SeaMonkey because I was
> told that Internet Explorer was dangerous......full of ways for Viruses and
> Malware ('holes') to get into my system.   That was MANY years ago !
>
> Is that STILL a true statement today with Windows 10 (and even in Win 7) ?
> Has Microsoft fixed it by now ?
>
> I like SeaMonkey - but I am getting tired of GOOGLE and the bad entry
> window
> business and spoofing and all that.
>
> DoctorBill
..
Wow - I did a Google Search using the title for my Post here.
Many many postings on the unsafe use of MicroSoft's IE.
MicroSoft !  Why haven't they fixed this problem ? !
After all these years with uncounted programmers around at MS
to work on it.......
That's like PURPOSEFULLY leaving the front door unlocked !

DoctorBill
0
DoctorBill
1/9/2020 4:08:26 PM
DoctorBill wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote:
>> I originally (back in the Jurassic Age)  went to SeaMonkey because I was
>> told that Internet Explorer was dangerous......full of ways for
>> Viruses and
>> Malware ('holes') to get into my system.   That was MANY years ago !
>>
>> Is that STILL a true statement today with Windows 10 (and even in Win
>> 7) ?
>> Has Microsoft fixed it by now ?
>>
>> I like SeaMonkey - but I am getting tired of GOOGLE and the bad entry
>> window
>> business and spoofing and all that.
>>
>> DoctorBill
> .
> Wow - I did a Google Search using the title for my Post here.
> Many many postings on the unsafe use of MicroSoft's IE.
> MicroSoft !  Why haven't they fixed this problem ? !
> After all these years with uncounted programmers around at MS
> to work on it.......
> That's like PURPOSEFULLY leaving the front door unlocked !
>
> DoctorBill
..
I guess I am answering my own query !
From:
telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/02/08/stop-using-internet-explorer-warns-
microsofts-security-chief/
"Microsoft's own security chief has warned millions of people who
continue to use Internet
Explorer as a default web browser are placing themselves in "peril". "

Is he still employed there !?                             DoctorBill

0
DoctorBill
1/9/2020 4:14:10 PM
On 1/9/20 11:14 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote:
>> DoctorBill wrote:
>>> I originally (back in the Jurassic Age)=C2=A0 went to SeaMonkey becau=
se I was
>>> told that Internet Explorer was dangerous......full of ways for=20
>>> Viruses and
>>> Malware ('holes') to get into my system.=C2=A0=C2=A0 That was MANY ye=
ars ago !

>>> Is that STILL a true statement today with Windows 10 (and even in Win=
=20
>>> 7) ?
>>> Has Microsoft fixed it by now ?
>>>
>>> I like SeaMonkey - but I am getting tired of GOOGLE and the bad entry=
=20
>>> window
>>> business and spoofing and all that.
>>>
>>> DoctorBill
>> .
>> Wow - I did a Google Search using the title for my Post here.
>> Many many postings on the unsafe use of MicroSoft's IE.
>> MicroSoft !=C2=A0 Why haven't they fixed this problem ? !
>> After all these years with uncounted programmers around at MS
>> to work on it.......
>> That's like PURPOSEFULLY leaving the front door unlocked !
>>
>> DoctorBill
> .
> I guess I am answering my own query !
> From:=20
> telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/02/08/stop-using-internet-explorer-warn=
s-
> microsofts-security-chief/
> "Microsoft's own security chief has warned millions of people who=20
> continue to use Internet
> Explorer as a default web browser are placing themselves in "peril". "
>=20
> Is he still employed there !?=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 DoctorBill
>=20

I don't know.

 From that article "Microsoft will end support for Internet Explorer 10=20
in January 2020, while Internet Explorer 11 will remain as the final=20
iteration of the software."

Speaking of leaving the front door unlocked. Yours will be unlocked=20
after Jan 14th.

"The specific end of support day for Windows 7 will be January 14, 2020. =

After that, technical assistance and software updates from Windows=20
Update that help protect your PC will no longer be available for the=20
product. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to Windows 10=20
sometime before January 2020 to avoid a situation where you need service =

or support that is no longer available."

REF:=20
<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-=
end-on-january-14-2020>

You do know they are replacing IE with a new browser called Edge? But=20
SeaMonkey, Firefox and other browsers run on Windows 10.

--=20
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48
1/9/2020 5:51:11 PM
DoctorBill wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote:
>> DoctorBill wrote:
>>> I originally (back in the Jurassic Age)  went to SeaMonkey because I was
>>> told that Internet Explorer was dangerous......full of ways for Viruses and
>>> Malware ('holes') to get into my system.   That was MANY years ago !
>>>
>>> Is that STILL a true statement today with Windows 10 (and even in Win 7) ?
>>> Has Microsoft fixed it by now ?
>>>
>>> I like SeaMonkey - but I am getting tired of GOOGLE and the bad entry window
>>> business and spoofing and all that.
>>>
>>> DoctorBill

Edge based on Chromium will be released next week. SeaMonkey still rules but
the new Edge is ok as a second browser for problematic sites. They kicked the
google junk out and only put in some MS junk which can be disabled.

FRG
0
Frank
1/9/2020 5:52:34 PM
On 1/9/20, DoctorBill <NoNoNo@gmail.com> wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote:
>> DoctorBill wrote:
>>> I originally (back in the Jurassic Age)  went to SeaMonkey because I was
>>> told that Internet Explorer was dangerous......full of ways for
>>> Viruses and
>>> Malware ('holes') to get into my system.   That was MANY years ago !
>>>
>>> Is that STILL a true statement today with Windows 10 (and even in Win
>>> 7) ?
>>> Has Microsoft fixed it by now ?
>>>
>>> I like SeaMonkey - but I am getting tired of GOOGLE and the bad entry
>>> window
>>> business and spoofing and all that.
>>>
>>> DoctorBill
>> .
>> Wow - I did a Google Search using the title for my Post here.
>> Many many postings on the unsafe use of MicroSoft's IE.
>> MicroSoft !  Why haven't they fixed this problem ? !
>> After all these years with uncounted programmers around at MS
>> to work on it.......
>> That's like PURPOSEFULLY leaving the front door unlocked !
>>
>> DoctorBill
> .
> I guess I am answering my own query !
> From:
> telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/02/08/stop-using-internet-explorer-warns-
> microsofts-security-chief/
> "Microsoft's own security chief has warned millions of people who
> continue to use Internet
> Explorer as a default web browser are placing themselves in "peril". "

Apparently you missed this bit
"Microsoft has in recent years encouraged users to adopt its more
modern web browser, the Microsoft Edge, which was released in 2015."

In other words, they've given up on Internet Explorer and want you to
switch to Edge.
Then they gave up on Edge and created a version based on chrome:
https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/4/18125238/microsoft-chrome-browser-windows-10-edge-chromium
https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-is-microsofts-chromium-based-edge-really-different-from-chrome/

Lee
0