Initial Window Placement

I have been experiencing a minor annoyance that SeaMonkey starts with
the application window above the desktop confines clipping the Window
title bar, Menu bar, and Navigation bar. See screenshot

<http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/sm-win10-size>

Instead of launching within the desktop area like this

<http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/sm-win10-size2>

It seems to have been associated with an update to previous version of
Windows 10 1809 and still present with Windows 10 19.03. Upgrading from
2,49.4 to 2.49.5 made no difference. No issue with SeaMonkey on Ubuntu
16.04.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
0
Jonathan
9/5/2019 5:53:45 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13193 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 9/5/2019 10:53 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> I have been experiencing a minor annoyance that SeaMonkey starts with
> the application window above the desktop confines clipping the Window
> title bar, Menu bar, and Navigation bar. See screenshot
>
> <http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/sm-win10-size>
>
> Instead of launching within the desktop area like this
>
> <http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/sm-win10-size2>
>
> It seems to have been associated with an update to previous version of
> Windows 10 1809 and still present with Windows 10 19.03. Upgrading from
> 2,49.4 to 2.49.5 made no difference. No issue with SeaMonkey on Ubuntu
> 16.04.

This is a function of your operating system, not a function of
SeaMonkey.  Since you apparently posted via Windows 10, you might search
for a Windows option to "remember" positions of application windows.
Otherwise, you might find a non-Microsoft application that handles that.

In Windows 7, I use both Dips64 from
<http://amip.tools-for.net/files/dips64/> and Icon Cofiguration Utility
from <http://funk.eu/icu-icon-configuration-utility/>.  I use both
because no such tool gives the desired result in all cases.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Immigration authorities arrested 680 undocumented aliens in meat
processing facilities in Mississippi.  Employing someone who is not
legally in the U.S. is also illegal.  How many of the EMPLOYERS are
being criminally charged?  If none, why not?
0
David
9/5/2019 10:11:59 PM
David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/5/2019 10:53 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> I have been experiencing a minor annoyance that SeaMonkey starts with
>> the application window above the desktop confines clipping the Window
>> title bar, Menu bar, and Navigation bar. See screenshot
>>
>> <http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/sm-win10-size>
>>
>> Instead of launching within the desktop area like this
>>
>> <http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/sm-win10-size2>
>>
>> It seems to have been associated with an update to previous version of
>> Windows 10 1809 and still present with Windows 10 19.03. Upgrading from
>> 2,49.4 to 2.49.5 made no difference. No issue with SeaMonkey on Ubuntu
>> 16.04.
>>

> This is a function of your operating system, not a function of
> SeaMonkey.  Since you apparently posted via Windows 10, you might search
> for a Windows option to "remember" positions of application windows.
> Otherwise, you might find a non-Microsoft application that handles that.

I know it is the OS, but only SeaMonkey exhibits the issue, and only
recently. Just wondering if anyone else experiences it.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO