Importing Seamonkey to Seamonkey.

I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all
settings, address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another
on the same Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you
help?  Thanks.

John Sipos
Broadcast talk journalist
727-432-1322
0
John
10/3/2009 1:03:49 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12852 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

John Sipos wrote:
> I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all settings,
> address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another on the same
> Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you help?  Thanks.
>
> John Sipos
> Broadcast talk journalist
> 727-432-1322

What I did was to install Seamonkey on the new Mac, then launch it and
let it set up (or set up) a Profile in it's own Mozilla folder, then
deleted the contents of that Profile folder.

Then I copied the contents of the old Profile folder into the new
Profile folder on the new Mac (or disk).  This copies the entire
contents of your previous Profile - saved Mail, settings, etc. - into
the new Profile on the new disk.

--
      - Rufus
0
Rufus wrote:
> John Sipos wrote:
>> I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all
>> settings, address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another
>> on the same Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you
>> help?  Thanks.
>>
>> John Sipos
>> Broadcast talk journalist
>> 727-432-1322
>
> What I did was to install Seamonkey on the new Mac, then launch it and
> let it set up (or set up) a Profile in it's own Mozilla folder, then
> deleted the contents of that Profile folder.
>
> Then I copied the contents of the old Profile folder into the new
> Profile folder on the new Mac (or disk).  This copies the entire
> contents of your previous Profile - saved Mail, settings, etc. - into
> the new Profile on the new disk.

Correct procedure - i should mention that manipulation of profiles
should be done when SM is not running (and no quick-launch)
0
Ray_Net
10/3/2009 4:05:58 PM
Ray_Net wrote:
> Rufus wrote:
>> John Sipos wrote:
>>> I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all
>>> settings, address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another
>>> on the same Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can
>>> you help?  Thanks.
>>>
>>> John Sipos
>>> Broadcast talk journalist
>>> 727-432-1322
>>
>> What I did was to install Seamonkey on the new Mac, then launch it and
>> let it set up (or set up) a Profile in it's own Mozilla folder, then
>> deleted the contents of that Profile folder.
>>
>> Then I copied the contents of the old Profile folder into the new
>> Profile folder on the new Mac (or disk).  This copies the entire
>> contents of your previous Profile - saved Mail, settings, etc. - into
>> the new Profile on the new disk.
>>
> Correct procedure - i should mention that manipulation of profiles
> should be done when SM is not running (and no quick-launch)

Yes - I left that out.  Close all apps which may use you Mozilla folder
while doing the deleting/copying.

--
      - Rufus
0
Rufus wrote:
> Ray_Net wrote:
>> Rufus wrote:

>>> What I did was to install Seamonkey on the new Mac, then launch it
>>> and let it set up (or set up) a Profile in it's own Mozilla folder,
>>> then deleted the contents of that Profile folder.
>>>
>>> Then I copied the contents of the old Profile folder into the new
>>> Profile folder on the new Mac (or disk).  This copies the entire
>>> contents of your previous Profile - saved Mail, settings, etc. - into
>>> the new Profile on the new disk.
>>>
>> Correct procedure - i should mention that manipulation of profiles
>> should be done when SM is not running (and no quick-launch)
>
> Yes - I left that out.  Close all apps which may use you Mozilla folder
> while doing the deleting/copying.

A Mac user getting good advice here.....and no abuse.....Phillip WILL be
impressed!

Daniel
0
Daniel
10/4/2009 10:52:29 AM
Re the Subject line, I really need to ask, why is an ongoing discussion of ANY
SeaMonkey operations considered to be Off-Topic in a Mozilla SeaMonkey Support
list?

keith whaley
0
Keith
10/4/2009 11:30:14 AM
In
Keith Whaley <keith_w@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Re the Subject line, I really need to ask, why is an ongoing
> discussion of ANY SeaMonkey operations considered to be Off-Topic in
> a Mozilla SeaMonkey Support list?

It's not.  Daniel changed the Subject when he changed the topic from
the SeaMonkey issue to something about Phillip's attitude.

followup set to mozilla.general.

--
»Q«                                                              /"\
                                      ASCII Ribbon Campaign      \ /

Unable to import seamonkey 1.x to Seamonkey 2.0
SeaMonkey 2.0 fails to import all my mail folders and everything ticked in the selection what should be imported. After it imports and correctly finds the correct profile, it just still shows blank mail folders. If I restart SeaMonkey mail, it asks me again if I want to configure email!? This repeatable and it just doesn't want to import any mail. admin@mmri.us wrote: > SeaMonkey 2.0 fails to import all my mail folders and everything ticked > in the selection what should be imported. > After it imports and correctly finds the correct profile, it just still &...

SeaMonkey
I am trying to build a new website with SeaMonkey. All has worked well and I have built 15 pages, however, I have started to see that sometimes when I open some pages, there are several images that have disappeared from their relevant box. This problem seems to have started, after being advised to have all my images in the html folder in SeaMonkey, so I dragged them over from my file in my computer and dropped them into the same file as my web pages. Now sometimes I have a full page of images (Photos) and sometimes a number of them are missing. Please help me. Marcel ...

SeaMonkey
Name: Colin Peel Email: peel_at_univ-perp.fr Product: Other (please state) Summary: SeaMonkey Comments: This latest build is fast, relatively reliable (it gets bogged down on occasions, but less often). On the other hand, it's nuts. You ask it to suppress an article, and it tries to download it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060130 SeaMonkey/1.5a ...

seamonkey
jim. jim wrote: > jim. ckeck if can reply jim wrote: > jim wrote: >> jim. > ckeck if can reply That's ok, Jim, this is what the test group if for....conducting tests. When/If you find you are having problems, go to the mozilla.support.seamonkey group and ask for help! -- Seasons greeting, one and all.... and may next year be a better one! Daniel Daniel wrote: > jim wrote: >> jim wrote: >>> jim. >> ckeck if can reply > > That's ok, Jim, this is what the test group if for....conducting tests. > > Whe...

Seamonkey
I've been playing with SeaMonkey V2 beta. It had an irritating problem with its newsreader personality (trailing dot buffer parsing I'd guess). Anyway, Dennis has posted the latest version 1.1.18. It doesn't have this problem. When trying to incorporate some addons, the process is not nearly so obvious as in the Version 2 or FF3.5 but at least the parsing fault is missing. Trying to add NoScript. No problem Trying to add Adblock plus. Message = 'No install script found' The ABP site lists ABP for Seamonkey for Version 2. No mention of earlier(s) Surely cannot be...

SeaMonkey
Name: Robert Nolan Email: robert_nolan_at_hotmail.com Product: Other (please state) Summary: SeaMonkey Comments: SeaMonkey does not give me the option to import bookmarks from Opera. Bugzilla does not let me log in to submit comments like this. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051219 SeaMonkey/1.0b ...

Seamonkey
Is there any hacks to get Seamonkey to work with Calendar? ...

Seamonkey
Is it appropriate to ask Seamonkey-related questions here? If so, how do I import bookmarks from Firefox and email accounts from Thunderbird? Thanks. -- Pete Holsberg Columbus, NJ -- To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness. Confucius Pete Holsberg wrote: > Is it appropriate to ask Seamonkey-related questions here? > > If so, how do I import bookmarks from Firefox and email accounts from > Thunderbird? > > Thanks....

Seamonkey
Is there any way to export to Seamonkey the emails and account setting I have in TB? J On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:43:44 -0500, Jeffinputnam wrote: > Is there any way to export to Seamonkey the emails and account setting I > have in TB? > > J Go to your TB profile which will be somewhere like C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default.bci (Best to make a copy of it at this point) then copy the folder called MAIL the go to your SB profile at C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\anumber....

Bookmarks: XP Seamonkey to Vista Seamonkey
I'm thoroughly confused Have copied the requisite XP file: C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gobbledeguk.slt onto a thumbdrive. Installed thumbdrive in new Vista PC. PC sees file. Transferred file. Seamonkey does not see file in current location. Should I be doing an import with Seamonkey directly from the thumb drive? I can't even find the proper place for Owner file, and security says I can't get into Application data file, even though I am the Administrator and the sole user of the PC. Where does Vista/Seamonkey think this fil...

How do I import SeaMonkey v2.0.14's addressbooks into SeaMonkey v2.9.1's addresbooks?
Hello! I did a clean installation of v2.9.1 and manually copied over my old SM v2.0.14 addressbooks, bookmarks, and e-mails to my Linux/Debian box. I got my bookmarks imported manually, but I can't seem to import my old addresssbooks from *.mab files. Do I really have to export them to non ..mab formats and then import from them? Thank you in advance. :) -- "The ants are back Ted!" --Dougal from Father Ted TV show. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.ne...

No SeaMonkey?
http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2011/09/12/anthropomorphized-web-browsers-of-the-day/ :( -- "The general, unable to control his irritation, will launch his men to the assault like swarming ants, with the result that one-third of his men are slain, while the town still remains untaken. Such are the disastrous effects of a siege." --Chapter 3 in Sun Tzu's The Ancient Art of War (Translated by Lionel Giles) /\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | ...

Which Seamonkey?
I'm still using Mozilla 1.7.8. Which version of Seamonkey would be the safest upgrade for me? I'm usually not good at upgrades and I don't want to loose my bookmarks and email addresses. Thanks, Henry Henry wrote: > I'm still using Mozilla 1.7.8. Which version of Seamonkey would be the > safest upgrade for me? I'm usually not good at upgrades and I don't want > to loose my bookmarks and email addresses. > > Thanks, > > Henry Henry SeaMonkey 2.0.13 is the current official (and most stable) version. This is the version yo...

Seamonkey??
I've been seeing the word in Firefox discussions for some time now, without ever realizing it was a browser, much less a successor to Mozilla of old. (I think I had it confused with something called greasemonkey.) So I got it, discovered its antecedents, and soon realized, sure enough, it's one of those humongous, all-in-one, Ride-the-Web and Rule-the-Net apps. That means I'm unlikely to want to do much with it, since I have a mailer and a newsreader that wild horses couldn't drag me from. I do run Opera, though, because it has several virtues (like tabs, redirectio...