IMPORTING ADDRESSES

When I import my address books (collected and personal)into a new
computer with a newly loaded seamonkey they are added to the list of
address books, not imported into the existing address books.  I wind up
with two of each book, one is empty and the other has my imports.  Is
there any way to combine the books or just delete the empty ones?

TIA,

Larry
0
Larry
11/12/2019 1:04:38 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13277 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Larry wrote:

> When I import my address books (collected and personal) into a new
> computer with a newly loaded seamonkey they are added to the list of
> address books, not imported into the existing address books.  I wind up
> with two of each book, one is empty and the other has my imports.  Is
> there any way to combine the books or just delete the empty ones?

Assuming the new installation has only an empty address book, you should
only have to delete one AB after the import, right? There shouldn't be a
whole parallel set of empty ABs corresponding to the imported ones.

Exactly how are you going about it?

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
11/12/2019 1:01:01 AM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Larry wrote:
>
>> When I import my address books (collected and personal) into a new
>> computer with a newly loaded seamonkey they are added to the list of
>> address books, not imported into the existing address books.  I wind
>> up with two of each book, one is empty and the other has my imports.
>> Is there any way to combine the books or just delete the empty ones?
>
> Assuming the new installation has only an empty address book, you should
> only have to delete one AB after the import, right? There shouldn't be a
> whole parallel set of empty ABs corresponding to the imported ones.
>
> Exactly how are you going about it?

I have 2 empty address books before the import.  One for personal
addresses and one for collected addresses.  SM will not let me delete
either one.
0
Larry
11/12/2019 2:29:02 AM
On 11/11/19 9:29 PM, Larry wrote:
> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> Larry wrote:
>>
>>> When I import my address books (collected and personal) into a new=20
>>> computer with a newly loaded seamonkey they are added to the list of =

>>> address books, not imported into the existing address books.=C2=A0 I =
wind=20
>>> up with two of each book, one is empty and the other has my imports. =

>>> Is there any way to combine the books or just delete the empty ones?
>>
>> Assuming the new installation has only an empty address book, you=20
>> should only have to delete one AB after the import, right? There=20
>> shouldn't be a whole parallel set of empty ABs corresponding to the=20
>> imported ones.
>>
>> Exactly how are you going about it?
>>
> I have 2 empty address books before the import.=C2=A0 One for personal =

> addresses and one for collected addresses.=C2=A0 SM will not let me del=
ete=20
> either one.

What I do is import the Collected addresses, it makes a duplicate, then=20
I copy and paste from the imported address book into the empty Collected =

addresses book, and delete the imported one, Same for the Personal=20
address book.

--=20
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48
11/12/2019 2:38:05 AM
On 12/11/19 01:04, Larry wrote:
> When I import my address books (collected and personal)into a new
> computer with a newly loaded seamonkey they are added to the list of
> address books, not imported into the existing address books.  I wind up
> with two of each book, one is empty and the other has my imports.  Is
> there any way to combine the books or just delete the empty ones?

How about moving the contents of the imported books to the corresponding
existing ones (cut+paste or drag-drop), then deleting the imported ones?

Or this <https://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#transferring_addresses>?

/df

--
London