but ID8 does!

0
Rick
10/9/2013 2:05:44 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13289 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Rick Merrill wrote:
> does not show the "...news..." banner,
>
> but ID8 does!

What is "ID8" ?
0
Philip
10/9/2013 2:34:36 PM
On 10/09/2013 10:34 AM, Philip Taylor wrote:

> Rick Merrill wrote:
>> does not show the "...news..." banner,
>>
>> but ID8 does!
>
> What is "ID8" ?

Internet Destroyer 8 :)
0
WaltS
10/9/2013 2:36:40 PM
WaltS wrote:
> On 10/09/2013 10:34 AM, Philip Taylor wrote:
>>

>> Rick Merrill wrote:
>>> does not show the "...news..." banner,
>>>
>>> but ID8 does!
>>
>> What is "ID8" ?
>>

> Internet Destroyer 8 :)

Bingo!  (and/or my typo)

Guess what?  NOW it works!

Must have been a cache issue.
0
Rick
10/9/2013 3:47:38 PM
Phillip,

open https://www.google.com/  fresh
then "refresh" it - the top bar disappears.

IE8 does not exhibit this odd behavior.

0
Rick
10/11/2013 10:41:34 PM
Interviewed by CNN on 11/10/2013 19:41, Rick Merrill told the world:
> Phillip,
>

> open https://www.google.com/  fresh
> then "refresh" it - the top bar disappears.
>
> IE8 does not exhibit this odd behavior.

Hmmm, yeah. I can see it:

Open SM, go to Google.com -- black bar displays on top. On refreshing
(and subsequent visits to the page) the black bar does not display;
instead, the new cleaner look with the "app button" besides the login
button displays.

The bar displayed in Iron (which is like 99% Chrome), but only when I
was logged into my Google account (I prefer to be logged out of Google
most of time, so I keep a separate browser for checking Gmail and other
stuff that requires a Google account).

Firefox 24, IE10 and Opera 12.15 didn't display the black bar either.

Apparently Google decided to hide the black bar when users aren't logged
in; for some reason, on first load on Seamonkey, it shows the old layout.

My guess is some buggy code on Google's part, that takes a while to load
the appropriate style sheet. Since it only happens to Seamonkey, it may
be related to browser sniffing. I notice that the behavior only happens
first time after SM loads, so Google may be setting some session cookie.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
.... Sent from my cyborg implant.
MCBastos
10/12/2013 12:42:54 AM

In my SM there is a contraption with nine dots next to the login. It's
in there. If they keep innovating at this pace they'll catch up with
Microsoft. fwiw, Palemoon shows it the old way, for now.

0
Roger
10/12/2013 2:12:55 AM
MCBastos wrote:
> Interviewed by CNN on 11/10/2013 19:41, Rick Merrill told the world:
>> Phillip,
>>

>> open https://www.google.com/  fresh
>> then "refresh" it - the top bar disappears.
>>
>> IE8 does not exhibit this odd behavior.
>

> Hmmm, yeah. I can see it:
>
> Open SM, go to Google.com -- black bar displays on top. On refreshing
> (and subsequent visits to the page) the black bar does not display;
> instead, the new cleaner look with the "app button" besides the login
> button displays.
>
> The bar displayed in Iron (which is like 99% Chrome), but only when I
> was logged into my Google account (I prefer to be logged out of Google
> most of time, so I keep a separate browser for checking Gmail and other
> stuff that requires a Google account).
>
> Firefox 24, IE10 and Opera 12.15 didn't display the black bar either.
>
> Apparently Google decided to hide the black bar when users aren't logged
> in; for some reason, on first load on Seamonkey, it shows the old layout.
>
> My guess is some buggy code on Google's part, that takes a while to load
> the appropriate style sheet. Since it only happens to Seamonkey, it may
> be related to browser sniffing. I notice that the behavior only happens
> first time after SM loads, so Google may be setting some session cookie.

It is a google issue. The toolbar gets replaced by Nine dots on the
right hand side on refresh. Turn "Off" Firefox
compatibility(Edit==>preferences==>advanced==>Http Networking) to
restore the "black" toolbar the top

--
GNOME 3.6.2
openSUSE Release 12.3 (Dartmouth) 64-bit
On 11/10/2013 23:41, Rick Merrill wrote:
> open https://www.google.com/  fresh
> then "refresh" it - the top bar disappears.
>
> IE8 does not exhibit this odd behavior.

Nor does SM 2.16

--
Connie
http://oursalmons.wordpress.com/
On 10/12/13 6:39 PM +0900, Connie wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 23:41, Rick Merrill wrote:
>> open https://www.google.com/  fresh
>> then "refresh" it - the top bar disappears.
>>
>> IE8 does not exhibit this odd behavior.
>
> Nor does SM 2.16

Nor does SM 2.21 here on OS X 10.6.8.

--
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Trane Francks    trane@gol.com    Tokyo, Japan

Trane Francks wrote:

> Nor does SM 2.21 here on OS X 10.6.8.
0
Philip
10/12/2013 12:20:16 PM
On 10/12/13 9:20 PM +0900, Philip Taylor wrote:
> Try refreshing more than 5 times ...
>
> Trane Francks wrote:
>
>> Nor does SM 2.21 here on OS X 10.6.8.

Nope. No strange behaviour at all.

--
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Trane Francks    trane@gol.com    Tokyo, Japan
Trane
10/12/2013 12:42:16 PM
In <news:1JWdnRpEz4VSp8TPnZ2dnUVZ_gednZ2d@mozilla.org>,
Trane Francks <trane@gol.com> wrote:

> On 10/12/13 6:39 PM +0900, Connie wrote:
> > On 11/10/2013 23:41, Rick Merrill wrote:
> >> open https://www.google.com/  fresh
> >> then "refresh" it - the top bar disappears.
> >>
> >> IE8 does not exhibit this odd behavior.
> >
> > Nor does SM 2.16
>
> Nor does SM 2.21 here on OS X 10.6.8.

Nor SM 2.21 here on Gentoo GNU/Linux.  Google moves in mysterious ways.

0
UTF
10/12/2013 4:34:06 PM
MCBastos wrote:
> Interviewed by CNN on 11/10/2013 19:41, Rick Merrill told the world:
>> Phillip,
>>

>> open https://www.google.com/  fresh
>> then "refresh" it - the top bar disappears.
>>
>> IE8 does not exhibit this odd behavior.
>

> Hmmm, yeah. I can see it:
>
> Open SM, go to Google.com -- black bar displays on top. On refreshing
> (and subsequent visits to the page) the black bar does not display;
> instead, the new cleaner look with the "app button" besides the login
> button displays.
>
> The bar displayed in Iron (which is like 99% Chrome), but only when I
> was logged into my Google account (I prefer to be logged out of Google
> most of time, so I keep a separate browser for checking Gmail and other
> stuff that requires a Google account).
>
> Firefox 24, IE10 and Opera 12.15 didn't display the black bar either.
>
> Apparently Google decided to hide the black bar when users aren't logged
> in; for some reason, on first load on Seamonkey, it shows the old layout.
>
> My guess is some buggy code on Google's part, that takes a while to load
> the appropriate style sheet. Since it only happens to Seamonkey, it may
> be related to browser sniffing. I notice that the behavior only happens
> first time after SM loads, so Google may be setting some session cookie.

Must be a Windows phenomenon.  I am not seeing that with Mac OS.

0
EE
10/12/2013 4:48:28 PM
EE wrote:
> MCBastos wrote:
>> Interviewed by CNN on 11/10/2013 19:41, Rick Merrill told the world:
>>> Phillip,
>>>

>>> open https://www.google.com/  fresh
>>> then "refresh" it - the top bar disappears.
>>>
>>> IE8 does not exhibit this odd behavior.
>>

>> Hmmm, yeah. I can see it:
>>
>> Open SM, go to Google.com -- black bar displays on top. On refreshing
>> (and subsequent visits to the page) the black bar does not display;
>> instead, the new cleaner look with the "app button" besides the login
>> button displays.
>>
>> The bar displayed in Iron (which is like 99% Chrome), but only when I
>> was logged into my Google account (I prefer to be logged out of Google
>> most of time, so I keep a separate browser for checking Gmail and other
>> stuff that requires a Google account).
>>
>> Firefox 24, IE10 and Opera 12.15 didn't display the black bar either.
>>
>> Apparently Google decided to hide the black bar when users aren't logged
>> in; for some reason, on first load on Seamonkey, it shows the old layout.
>>
>> My guess is some buggy code on Google's part, that takes a while to load
>> the appropriate style sheet. Since it only happens to Seamonkey, it may
>> be related to browser sniffing. I notice that the behavior only happens
>> first time after SM loads, so Google may be setting some session cookie.
>>

> Must be a Windows phenomenon.  I am not seeing that with Mac OS.

I don't see any black bar to begin with.  The Google home page should be
the simplest page on the net and its not.

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=google.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0>

mess!
GW

0
Geoff
10/12/2013 7:08:33 PM
Geoff Welsh wrote:
> EE wrote:
>> MCBastos wrote:
>>> Interviewed by CNN on 11/10/2013 19:41, Rick Merrill told the world:

>>> Hmmm, yeah. I can see it:
>>>
>>> Open SM, go to Google.com -- black bar displays on top. On refreshing
>>> (and subsequent visits to the page) the black bar does not display;
>>> instead, the new cleaner look with the "app button" besides the login
>>> button displays.
>>>
>>> The bar displayed in Iron (which is like 99% Chrome), but only when I
>>> was logged into my Google account (I prefer to be logged out of Google
>>> most of time, so I keep a separate browser for checking Gmail and other
>>> stuff that requires a Google account).
>>>
>>> Firefox 24, IE10 and Opera 12.15 didn't display the black bar either.
>>>
>>> Apparently Google decided to hide the black bar when users aren't logged
>>> in; for some reason, on first load on Seamonkey, it shows the old layout.
>>>
>>> My guess is some buggy code on Google's part, that takes a while to load
>>> the appropriate style sheet. Since it only happens to Seamonkey, it may
>>> be related to browser sniffing. I notice that the behavior only happens
>>> first time after SM loads, so Google may be setting some session cookie.
>>>

>> Must be a Windows phenomenon.  I am not seeing that with Mac OS.
>>

> I don't see any black bar to begin with.  The Google home page should be the simplest
> page on the net and its not.
>
> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=google.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0>
>

> mess!
> GW

Google.com stores a cookie that controls the blackbar vs ninedots.  Clear cookies
(preferences or restart) and the blackbar reappears.  Confirm?

0
Rick
10/13/2013 12:31:31 PM
Rick Merrill wrote:
> Geoff Welsh wrote:
>> EE wrote:

>>> Must be a Windows phenomenon.  I am not seeing that with Mac OS.
>>>

>> I don't see any black bar to begin with.  The Google home page should
>> be the simplest
>> page on the net and its not.
>>
>> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=google.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0>
>>

>> mess!
>> GW
>>

> Google.com stores a cookie that controls the blackbar vs ninedots.
> Clear cookies (preferences or restart) and the blackbar reappears.
> Confirm?

That would explain it.  I am never going to allow Google to set cookies.

0
EE
10/13/2013 6:31:32 PM
Rick Merrill wrote:

> Google.com stores a cookie that controls the blackbar vs ninedots.
> Clear cookies (preferences or restart) and the blackbar reappears.
> Confirm?

I get a nag in white on a blue background about their new Terms of
Service. Neither then nor after I dismiss it do I see a black bar. I do
see a square consisting of nine dots next to the "Sign in" button,
throughout the process.

Nothing changes if I clear cache and cookies, disable AdBlock Plus, and
try again.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
10/13/2013 7:20:04 PM
EE wrote:

>> Google.com stores a cookie that controls the blackbar vs ninedots.
>> Clear cookies (preferences or restart) and the blackbar reappears.
>> Confirm?
>>
> That would explain it.  I am never going to allow Google to set cookies.

OK, to update my previous response, I do get the black bar if I set the
Cookie Manager to reject Google's cookies. I don't get it just by
clearing cookies while allowing new ones.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
10/13/2013 7:22:42 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Rick Merrill wrote:
>
>> Google.com stores a cookie that controls the blackbar vs ninedots.
>> Clear cookies (preferences or restart) and the blackbar reappears.
>> Confirm?
>
> I get a nag in white on a blue background about their new Terms of
> Service. Neither then nor after I dismiss it do I see a black bar. I do
> see a square consisting of nine dots next to the "Sign in" button,
> throughout the process.
>
> Nothing changes if I clear cache and cookies, disable AdBlock Plus, and
> try again.

google wasn't letting me log out.... so i deleted all cookies and have
blocked its ability to reset them... i THOUGHT i had blocked all things
google via my hosts file, but they musta found a way around it... or
i've munged something in my file...

i don't use it for anything, except i have a fake account i go to for
when my mother calls asking for help with her wildblue account, which
uses google...

--
.... A dog is the only thing on earth
that loves you more than he loves himself.

  taglines courtesy of
  TagZilla 0.066.2 running in SeaMonkey 2.21
  get your copy @ http://tagzilla.mozdev.org
0
sean
10/14/2013 3:24:38 PM
Roger Fink wrote:

> [...]

i had no idea what y'all were referring to... but now that i've blocked
all their cookies... i see the black bar...

--
.... A file that big?
   It might be very useful.

  taglines courtesy of
  TagZilla 0.066.2 running in SeaMonkey 2.21
  get your copy @ http://tagzilla.mozdev.org
0
sean

https://www.mydomain.com or https://mydomain.com
Hi I have to provide my hosting company with the address I want for SSL.  My two options are either "https://www.mydomain.com"  or "https://mydomain.com".   What is the difference in effect of one over the other ? Chris     No difference.  And if your host can't provide both (they should be able to) then have them alias the one you don't choose to the one you do in your DNS.  FWIW, most people will use the www host name automatically... JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post tha...

Switch / Force to change my page's link from http://www.abc.com/a.aspx to https://www.abc.com/a.aspx
Hi, i just bough an SSL certificate from versign, installed it and checked it by manually replacing http to https in my site's link.. but i how can do it in asp.net that when ever sumone click on checkout button and the creditcard / transaction page appears which is let suppose   http://www.abc.com/pay.aspx, I want it to start with https:// how to do it? Thanks, Regards.X...

https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?client_id=205207189635985&scope=publish_actions%2Cemail%2Cuser_interests&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapps.facebook.com%2Fsoldiersinc%2F%3FadCampaign%3D18050%26adPi
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?client_id=205207189635985&scope=publish_actions%2Cemail%2Cuser_interests&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapps.facebook.com%2Fsoldiersinc%2F%3FadCampaign%3D18050%26adPixel%3Dsam%26sb_src%3Ddde03qeuo10fq%26tr_stat%3D1 -- Vink The public demands certainties; it must be told definitely and a bit raucously that this is true and that is false. But there are no certainties. -- H.L. Mencken, "Prejudice" ...

default google search engine points NOT to www.google.com
hi there, (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1 ID:2006011112) I try to figure out a strange problem. my default search engine (the one located in "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\google.src") is according to the google.src file pointing correctly to www.google.com. fine... however, doing a search in the searchbar with google as searchengine selected, will point me either to www.google.fr or http://www.google.co.il i am somewhat puzzled. how does this happen? any hint is appreciated ...

When I click a google link it sends me to http://www.google.com/webhp
Name: Email: AaronVillaroyaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: When I click a google link it sends me to http://www.google.com/webhp Comments: On several occasions, when i search for items on google, and I click on some of the links, it sometimes directs me to weird site and then redirects to http://www.google.com/webhp. I hit the back button and click the link again and it goes to the linked site Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendri...

www.google.com
Name: luis Email: luis-jerryathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: www.google.com Comments: quero que en las nuevas versiones tengan como tema predeterminado myfirefox 3.0.0.75, que tenga turbo como opera, sevea como spacetime 3d y tenga activeX Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-MX; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

www.google.com
Name: newpelons@hotmail.com Email: newpelonsathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: www.google.com Comments: todo en español Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:2.0a1pre) Gecko/2008031002 Minefield/4.0a1pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Cannot get to www.google.com
We cannot get to www.google.com with FF 3.6.3 on this Windows XP Pro SP3 computer. It always ends up at www.google.com/firefox Is there a way to fix this? Regards and TIA. Mobius -------- On 21.05.2010 20:54, Mobius wrote: --- Original Message --- > We cannot get to www.google.com with FF 3.6.3 on this > Windows XP Pro SP3 computer. > It always ends up at www.google.com/firefox > Is there a way to fix this? > Regards and TIA. > Mobius > -------- That is what your start page is set to. Go to: Tools => Options => General => ...

https://www.alipay.com/
Name: liu Email: haozi409at163dotcom Product: Firefox Summary: https://www.alipay.com/ Comments: i can not login Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

why http://www.google.com/
not showing pacman on windows xp sp3 with SM 2.0.4 ???!!! JavaScript enabled! On 5/22/10 4:46 PM, Rick Merrill wrote: > not showing pacman on > windows xp sp3 with SM 2.0.4 ???!!! > > JavaScript enabled! I get it with Windows XP SP2 and SM 2.0.4 -- David E. Ross <http://www.rossde.com/> Go to Mozdev at <http://www.mozdev.org/> for quick access to extensions for Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, and other Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much more quickly than you can Mozilla Add-Ons. David E. Ross wrote: > On 5/22/10 4:...

https://www.gnx.com/
Just recently upgraded from Netware 5.1 and BM3.6 to Netware 6 sp2 (Tcp 6.05o) BM37 (Sp1 + bmmacssl1) Running with Craig's Rev 5 proxy.cfg. I'm having an issue with the following site; https://www.gnx.com/ . What I'm seeing is that the page gets stuck loading or if it does load all the way it loads very slowly through the proxy. I've accessed the page going through the server and using filters and it loads nice and fast. I was just hoping someone could confirm if they see the same thing. -- Michael J. Prentice, CNE, MCSE Works perfectly for me t...

www.google-analytics.com
I have recently visited a site with which I am familiar but has now started transferring me to google-analytics! This is jamming up the browsing process because google-analytics is so slow responding. Is there any way that - with SeaMonkey - I can block accesses to specific sites, in this case google-analytics? D. Dustbin wrote: > I have recently visited a site with which I am > familiar but has now started transferring me to > google-analytics! > > This is jamming up the browsing process because > google-analytics is so slow responding. > ...

www. google.com.br
Name: jonathas alex nunes da silva Email: lekaoxathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: www. google.com.br Comments: uso este navegador para pesquisa e interterimento pesquisa escolares etc... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; pt-BR; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink to the standard Goog
Name: Charles Douglass Garnett III Email: cgarnettatstudentdotumassdotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink to the standard Google website. Comments: Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink t...

Web resources about - https://www.google.com/ - mozilla.support.seamonkey