How to Set SeaMonkey as default mail client in Windwso 10?

I had to reset my Windows 10 installation. That was a bad idea. It
essentially deleted all of my programs. I'm adding back the ones I need
but I can't seem to get SeaMonkey set as the Default Mail program so
Libre Office and Foxit PDF reader (and probably other applications)
can't sent mail.

I gone into the Default applications and Windows offers SeaMonkey as one
of the mail options so I set it. It doesn't work. I suspect I need to do
something more.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

--
Rob Steinmetz
0

Rob Steinmetz wrote:
> I had to reset my Windows 10 installation. That was a bad idea. It
> essentially deleted all of my programs. I'm adding back the ones I need
> but I can't seem to get SeaMonkey set as the Default Mail program so
> Libre Office and Foxit PDF reader (and probably other applications)
> can't sent mail.
>
> I gone into the Default applications and Windows offers SeaMonkey as one
> of the mail options so I set it. It doesn't work. I suspect I need to do
> something more.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups section, under the *General
Settings* heading, you will find "Make SeaMonkey the default application
for:".

I think you click the "Mail" button.
0
WaltS48
10/12/2020 6:58:48 PM
> I had to reset my Windows 10 installation. That was a bad idea. It
> essentially deleted all of my programs. I'm adding back the ones I need
> but I can't seem to get SeaMonkey set as the Default Mail program so
> Libre Office and Foxit PDF reader (and probably other applications)
> can't sent mail.
>
> I gone into the Default applications and Windows offers SeaMonkey as one
> of the mail options so I set it. It doesn't work. I suspect I need to do
> something more.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Google says, Change default programs in Windows 10

     On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
     Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app.

     You may want your . pdf files, or email, or music to automatically
  open using an app other than the one provided by M$.
0
meagain
10/13/2020 3:46:44 PM
meagain wrote on 10/13/20 5:46 PM:
> [...]

Especially the /.mozilla/ directory in backup that directory on regular basis.
The /.mozilla/ directory is in $HOME.

--
G�rardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
SeaMonkey/2.53.3
Build identifier: 20200606200440

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
         -- Albert Einstein
0
GerardJan
10/14/2020 2:50:52 PM
GerardJan wrote on 10/14/20 4:50 PM:
> meagain wrote on 10/13/20 5:46 PM:

sorry i mean:
Especially the /.mozilla/ directory in $HOME, backup /.mozilla/ daily.

--
G�rardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
SeaMonkey/2.53.3
Build identifier: 20200606200440

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
         -- Albert Einstein
0
GerardJan
10/14/2020 2:53:59 PM
meagain wrote:
> [...]
Unfortunately that doesn't work. I can select SeaMonkey but it doesn't
set it and I get error messages saying no email is installed. I want
LibreOffice and some other apps that have a mail to function to open
SeaMonkey mail.
0
Rob
10/15/2020 7:20:43 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> Rob Steinmetz wrote:
>> I had to reset my Windows 10 installation. That was a bad idea. It
>> essentially deleted all of my programs. I'm adding back the ones I
>> need but I can't seem to get SeaMonkey set as the Default Mail program
>> so Libre Office and Foxit PDF reader (and probably other applications)
>> can't sent mail.
>>
>> I gone into the Default applications and Windows offers SeaMonkey as
>> one of the mail options so I set it. It doesn't work. I suspect I need
>> to do something more.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>>

> Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups section, under the *General
> Settings* heading, you will find "Make SeaMonkey the default application
> for:".
>
> I think you click the "Mail" button.
Under Preferences->Mail and Newsgroups in the Main Menu there is a
setting to
"Use SeaMonkey Mail & News as the default application for:
Mail News Feeds"
and a second line
"Use SeaMonkey Mail & News when opening browser links for:
Mail News" with check boxes
Everything is checked but it doesn't seem to work on the computer I "Reset".
0
Rob
10/15/2020 7:29:21 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> Rob Steinmetz wrote:
>> I had to reset my Windows 10 installation. That was a bad idea. It
>> essentially deleted all of my programs. I'm adding back the ones I
>> need but I can't seem to get SeaMonkey set as the Default Mail program
>> so Libre Office and Foxit PDF reader (and probably other applications)
>> can't sent mail.
>>
>> I gone into the Default applications and Windows offers SeaMonkey as
>> one of the mail options so I set it. It doesn't work. I suspect I need
>> to do something more.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>>

> Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups section, under the *General
> Settings* heading, you will find "Make SeaMonkey the default application
> for:".
>
> I think you click the "Mail" button.
Under Preferences->Mail and Newsgroups in the Main Menu there is a
setting to
"Use SeaMonkey Mail & News as the default application for:
Mail News Feeds"
and a second line
"Use SeaMonkey Mail & News when opening browser links for:
Mail News" with check boxes
Everything is checked but it doesn't seem to work on the computer I "Reset".
0
Rob
10/15/2020 7:30:18 PM
Rob Steinmetz wrote on 15-10-20 21:29:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> Rob Steinmetz wrote:
>>> I had to reset my Windows 10 installation. That was a bad idea. It
>>> essentially deleted all of my programs. I'm adding back the ones I
>>> need but I can't seem to get SeaMonkey set as the Default Mail
>>> program so Libre Office and Foxit PDF reader (and probably other
>>> applications) can't sent mail.
>>>
>>> I gone into the Default applications and Windows offers SeaMonkey as
>>> one of the mail options so I set it. It doesn't work. I suspect I
>>> need to do something more.
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>>>

>> Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups section, under the *General
>> Settings* heading, you will find "Make SeaMonkey the default
>> application for:".
>>
>> I think you click the "Mail" button.
> Under Preferences->Mail and Newsgroups in the Main Menu there is a
> setting to
> "Use SeaMonkey Mail & News as the default application for:
> Mail News Feeds"

I did not have that.
I have "Make SeaMonkey the default application for:".
With under this line 3 big buttons "Mail", "News" and "Feeds"
0
Ray_Net