How to delete Trash folder

How can I delete TRASH folder which for some unknown reason appeared as
sub-folder of INBOX folder.
0
stan
12/3/2019 10:26:23 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13297 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 14:26:23 -0800 stan <edicorp@merlin4x.com> wrote:
> How can I delete TRASH folder which for some unknown reason appeared as
> sub-folder of INBOX folder.
Have you tried right click and hit delete.
0
raf
12/4/2019 7:03:32 AM
or just click on it and drag to the root of C: which is the way  it got
there

raf wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 14:26:23 -0800 stan <edicorp@merlin4x.com> wrote:
>> How can I delete TRASH folder which for some unknown reason appeared as
>> sub-folder of INBOX folder.
> Have you tried right click and hit delete.

0
Smiles
12/4/2019 2:24:45 PM
stan wrote:
> How can I delete TRASH folder which for some unknown reason appeared as
> sub-folder of INBOX folder.
Why would you want to do this?  The Trash folder is there by default to
hold any deleted messages.  If you delete one by mistake you can
retrieve it from Trash until you R-click the folder and select Empty trash.

--
C. Bankston
0
Cecil Bankston wrote:

> stan wrote:
>> How can I delete TRASH folder which for some unknown reason appeared
>> as sub-folder of INBOX folder.
> Why would you want to do this?  The Trash folder is there by default to
> hold any deleted messages.  If you delete one by mistake you can
> retrieve it from Trash until you R-click the folder and select Empty trash.

Read again.

He says it's a subfolder of Inbox, which it shouldn't be.

If you delete it, you should be left with only the root Trash folder
(assuming both existed).

If you delete the root Trash folder (intentionally or otherwise), the
next time you restart SeaMonkey it will create one.

If you want to move a misplaced Trash folder with contents to the root
where it belongs, just click and drag it to the account name.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
12/4/2019 3:53:58 PM
Cecil Bankston wrote:
> stan wrote:
>> How can I delete TRASH folder which for some unknown reason appeared
>> as sub-folder of INBOX folder.
> Why would you want to do this?  The Trash folder is there by default to
> hold any deleted messages.  If you delete one by mistake you can
> retrieve it from Trash until you R-click the folder and select Empty trash.

Because there are two Teash folders now one under the Input and other
under the Email name.
0
stan
12/4/2019 7:02:48 PM
stan wrote:
> How can I delete TRASH folder which for some unknown reason appeared as
> sub-folder of INBOX folder.
Goto Users> YourUserName> AppData> Roaming> SeaMonkey> Profiles>
YourProfile> Mail>

Look in each of the pop mail boxes until you find the one with the Trash
sub folder in the inbox and delete it.

--
Stan Gondek
Multi Path Communications
stan wrote:
> How can I delete TRASH folder which for some unknown reason appeared as
> sub-folder of INBOX folder.
Goto Users> YourUserName> AppData> Roaming> Mozilla> SeaMonkey>
Profiles> YourProfile> Mail>

Look in each of the pop mail boxes until you find the one with the Trash
sub folder in the inbox and delete it.

--
Stan Gondek
Multi Path Communications
https://www.m-p-c.com
0
stango
12/4/2019 8:02:53 PM
stan wrote:
> Cecil Bankston wrote:
>> stan wrote:
>>> How can I delete TRASH folder which for some unknown reason appeared
>>> as sub-folder of INBOX folder.
>> Why would you want to do this?  The Trash folder is there by default
>> to hold any deleted messages.  If you delete one by mistake you can
>> retrieve it from Trash until you R-click the folder and select Empty
>> trash.
>>
> Because there are two Teash folders now one under the Input and other
> under the Email name.
Before doing anything, quit SeaMonkey and restart it.  If that solves
the issue of two trashes you are good to go.  If not try some other
suggestion.  Sometimes when a program is first opened (i.e. loaded into
the computer's memory) the code gets mixed up and weird things occur. If
the cause of two trashes is the result of a computer glitch, it maybe
one trrash can drawn in two different place.  First try the least
harmful solution, restarting Seamonkey, then if this doesn't work
restart the OS and if this doesn't solve the issue, then attempt a fix
you might not be able to undo, such as deleting the extra trash can.  If
it was a program glitch and one trash can was drawn in two spots, likely
by now would be fixed when you restarted SeaMonkey or the OS.  If you
first tried tot delete the trash Can and the problem was that there was
only one trash, but because of a computer glitch was drawn twice you may
end up deleting your one and only trash can.

The rule of thumb for computer fixes is to try the least harmful
solutions first before the ones that might harm the program or computer,
i.e. deletes your only trash can where there may be no undelete/undo key.

0
Paul