How do I migrate from Portable SeaMonkey 2.5 to regular SeaMonkey

I want to migrate all email settings/keys/emails for 3 IMAP email
accounts and all Local Folders
-  from Portable Seamonkey 2.5 on a USB
-  to Seamonkey 2.5 on an internal hard drive.

When I try to load Portable SeaMonkey from the USB on the target
computer, I get SeaMonkey warnings about cannot read files and
folders...  I figure that this is from the enigmail settings with a
drive of F:... when the USB appears as a different drive on the target
computer.

Links to solution, or solution presented on-group in-thread are highly
appreciated.

Barry
0
Barry
12/18/2011 5:59:44 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13155 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Interviewed by CNN on 18/12/2011 15:59, Barry Smith told the world:
> I want to migrate all email settings/keys/emails for 3 IMAP email
> accounts and all Local Folders
> -  from Portable Seamonkey 2.5 on a USB
> -  to Seamonkey 2.5 on an internal hard drive.

Just 3 accounts, on IMAP, you say? No need to move POP accounts, feeds
or newsgroups?

Well, one way would be to do this:

1. Install the regular Seamonkey to your computer, with a blank profile.
2. Use Sync to copy all the passwords, bookmarks and such from the
Portable Seamonkey to the "fixed" one.
3. Set up your 3 IMAP accounts on the "fixed" computer.

Being IMAP, the messages are stored on the server, and therefore will be
copied automatically.

What would be left are the messages saved in the "local folders" in the
Portable setup, and (possibly) the contacts. Those can be copied with a
few additional steps:

4. Close both instances of Seamonkey.
5. Copy the "Local Folders" subfolder from the mobile profile to the
fixed profile.
6. Copy the abook.mab and history.mab files from the mobile profile to
the fixed one.
--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
.... Sent from my Daystrom M5 Multitronic System.
* Added by TagZilla 0.066.2 running on Seamonkey 2.5 *
MCBastos
12/18/2011 6:13:18 PM
MCBastos wrote:
 > Being IMAP, the messages are stored on the server, and therefore will be
 > copied automatically.

Understood.  My concern was for the emails that I had copied to "Local
Folders".

In reading this response, I remembered that I can right-click "Local
Folders", choose settings, and I can see where the local directory is.

When I did, I saw a drive hard-coded there, which explains the error I
was getting.

I should be able to copy the directory on the USB straight to the "Local
Folders" directory on my internal harddrive.

If there is something wrong with that, please reply.

The address books and gpg keys are also in non-seamonkey folders on the
USB, so I can import them easily.

Thank you,

Barry

> Interviewed by CNN on 18/12/2011 15:59, Barry Smith told the world:
>> I want to migrate all email settings/keys/emails for 3 IMAP email
>> accounts and all Local Folders
>> -  from Portable Seamonkey 2.5 on a USB
>> -  to Seamonkey 2.5 on an internal hard drive.
>
> Just 3 accounts, on IMAP, you say? No need to move POP accounts, feeds
> or newsgroups?
>
> Well, one way would be to do this:
>
> 1. Install the regular Seamonkey to your computer, with a blank profile.
> 2. Use Sync to copy all the passwords, bookmarks and such from the
> Portable Seamonkey to the "fixed" one.
> 3. Set up your 3 IMAP accounts on the "fixed" computer.
>
> Being IMAP, the messages are stored on the server, and therefore will be
> copied automatically.
>
> What would be left are the messages saved in the "local folders" in the
> Portable setup, and (possibly) the contacts. Those can be copied with a
> few additional steps:
>
> 4. Close both instances of Seamonkey.
> 5. Copy the "Local Folders" subfolder from the mobile profile to the
> fixed profile.
> 6. Copy the abook.mab and history.mab files from the mobile profile to
> the fixed one.

0
Barry