How do I import SeaMonkey v2.0.14's addressbooks into SeaMonkey v2.9.1's addresbooks?

Hello!

I did a clean installation of v2.9.1 and manually copied over my old SM
v2.0.14 addressbooks, bookmarks, and e-mails to my Linux/Debian box. I
got my bookmarks imported manually, but I can't seem to import my old
addresssbooks from *.mab files. Do I really have to export them to non
..mab formats and then import from them?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"The ants are back Ted!" --Dougal from Father Ted TV show.
  | |o   o| |

No answers? :(

On 5/18/2012 9:04 AM PT, Ant typed:

--
"We're all ants. I'm a glittery little ant." --Alanis Morissette
  | |o   o| |
Ant wrote:
> No answers? :(
>

> On 5/18/2012 9:04 AM PT, Ant typed:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I did a clean installation of v2.9.1 and manually copied over my old SM
>> v2.0.14 addressbooks, bookmarks, and e-mails to my Linux/Debian box. I
>> got my bookmarks imported manually, but I can't seem to import my old
>> addresssbooks from *.mab files. Do I really have to export them to non
>> .mab formats and then import from them?
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)

Hey, Ant, on my SM 2.9.1, my e-mail addressbook, abook.mab, is located
in my profile, one level up from the mail and Local Folders folders,
i.e. at the same level as my places.sqlite, which I think is the new,
improved, bookmarks file.

--
Daniel
0

>> I did a clean installation of v2.9.1 and manually copied over my old SM
>> v2.0.14 addressbooks, bookmarks, and e-mails to my Linux/Debian box. I
>> got my bookmarks imported manually, but I can't seem to import my old
>> addresssbooks from *.mab files. Do I really have to export them to non
>> .mab formats and then import from them?
>
> Hey, Ant, on my SM 2.9.1, my e-mail addressbook, abook.mab, is located
> in my profile, one level up from the mail and Local Folders folders,
> i.e. at the same level as my places.sqlite, which I think is the new,
> improved, bookmarks file.

Oh SM v2.9.1 can reuse the old SM v2.0.14 *.mab files for addressbooks?
I didn't know that! I will have to try that! :)
--
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the
summer." --Proverbs 30:25 (Bible)

Is SeaMonkey v1.1.9 affected by Firefox v2.0.0.14's fix too?
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#firefox2.0.0.14 http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2008/mfsa2008-20.html Fixed in Firefox 2.0.0.14 MFSA 2008-20 Crash in JavaScript garbage collector Is SeaMonkey affected too? If so, then is a new version coming out soon? -- "The foreign policy aim of ants can be summed up as follows: restless aggression, territorial conquest, and genocidal annihilation of neighboring colonies whenever possible. If ants had nuclear weapons, they would probably end the world in a week." --Journey to the Ants, ...

Is it safe to use old SeaMonkey v2.0.14's uninstaller to remove it and not touch v2.11?
Hi! I think it is time to dump my outdated, v2.0.14 soon. May I safely use its uninstaller in Windows XP Pro. SP3 and 64-bit W7 HPE? This includes deleting the old profiles. I currently have two different profiles and SM installation directories/folders for both versions (v2.10.1 was installed as a new one). Thank you in advance. :) -- "Since the world began, we have never exterminated. We probably shall never exterminate as much as one single insect species. If there was ever an example of an insect we cannot destroy, the fire ant is it." --an entomologist quo...

Seamonkey picks up wrong URL for Youtube 'share' button. Seamonkey v2.9
Recently I had a problem with putting a Youtube video URL in a BB style form, where there were [youtube][/youtube] brackets for the media. The Seamonkey displayed 'share' URL was the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6P5nWolmMg&feature=share&list=UUovG4Ol9GppdMiMjFFZSm8A This did not work... eventually the problem was boiled down to for this BB software widget, the following URL was required: http://youtu.be/A6P5nWolmMg This URL is listed in the HTML source page, and is referenced as 'shortlink'. This URL is give straight away by Mac OS X...

Is return receipts broken in old SeaMonkey v2.0.14's e-mail client?
I just noticed my sent e-mails, with return receipts request, don't ask/send an e-mail (assuming not ignored) for it even to myself. What's up? Thank you in advance. :) -- "... Our latest evil plan and create an army of giant ants to take over the galaxy..." --Dark Helmet from Spaceballs: The Animated Series (S1 E3). /\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) ...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

Can't log into MyCokeRewards.com with SeaMonkey v2.0, but can with v1.1.18 and Firefox v2.0.0.20?
Hello! http://www.mycokerewards.com/home.do doesn't seem to let me log in with SeaMonkey v2.0, but will for old v1.1.18 and Firefox v2.0.0.20. I already tried allowing referrers and changing User Agent to Firefox v2.0.0.20 Linux. Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Any spoke will lead the ant to the hub." --unknown /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net \ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT ( ) ...

Notification on birthdays from SeaMonkey (SM) v2's addressbooks?
Hi! Is there a way SM2 can notify users about birthdays from its addressbooks (*.mab) like an alarm or something? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Ants live safely till they have gotten wings." --unknown /\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. ...

Custom columns for each SeaMonkey v2.17.1+'s mail folder?
Hello! For an example with my inbox folder, I don't want to show Recipient column. In my sent folders, I do want to show this column and not From column. Is there a way to do this? It seems like the changes take effects for all. :( Thank you in advance. :) -- "Fall in those single lines like army ants..." --unknown /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) ...

SeaMonkey v2.17.1's crash reports and their corrupted dumps...
Hello again! Is anyone else having problems with corrupted random rare crash dumps from SeaMonkey (SM) v2.17.1 in a very old updated 32-bit Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine (2.5 GB of RAM)? After my SM crashed, sent its crash reports to Mozilla, restarted, and I did a about:crashes line to read the crash reports. I see a lot of these lately: "SeaMonkey 2.17.1 Crash Report [@ EMPTY: no crashing thread identified; corrupt dump ] .... "EMPTY: no crashing thread identified; corrupt dump ..." For an example of my latest crash report from a few minutes ago: https://c...

Select all entries in SeaMonkey v2.0.x's error console?
Hello. Is there a way to get all entries in SeaMonkey v2.0.x's error console to copy and paste, or even save to a text file? Thank you in advance. :) -- "As I watch the busy ants on the trail and around the ant pile, I am impressed by the fact that they are doers and not just believers." --CR 1967 /\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, ...

SM v2.0.1's Browser Startup's "Restore Previous Session" does not prompt when exiting.
Hi! When using Browser Startup's "Restore Previous Session" option, ctrl-Q (or exit button) just quits without prompting me to confirm. Isn't this a bug? Sometimes my fingers acciodently click on ctrl-q instead of ctrl-w. Thank you in advance. :) -- "Ants follow fat." --unknown /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net \ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT ( ) ...

Frozen SeaMonkey v2.0.3 in Linux with Photobucket.com's videos?
Hello. http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/Reackerant/?action=view&current=CLIP0359.flv It freezes my SeaMonkey v2.0.3 in my old Debian/Linux box, but not in the one on my old updated Windows XP Pro. SP3. Both have most of the same extensions and same Flash plugins version. What about the rest of you? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Still we live meanly, like ants;... like pygmies we fight with cranes;... Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify... simplify..." --Henry Thoreau /\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) ...

SeaMonkey v2.0.2's crashreporter segfault in my Debian/Linux box.
Hello. My SM crashed and then I filled out a crash report. I sent(?) it and told it to quit. Then, I noticed this in my dmesg: [88803.638461] crashreporter[17975]: segfault at b6fc6ad0 ip b6fc6ad0 sp bf88e46c error 4 in libnss_files-2.10.2.so[b700d000+a000] I have no idea if my report went through or not. :) FYI: $ locate libnss_files-2.10.2.so /lib/libnss_files-2.10.2.so $ ls -all /lib/libnss_files-2.10.2.so -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 42572 2009-11-24 02:49 /lib/libnss_files-2.10.2.so Thank you in advance. :) -- "What do ants and bees use for cattle?" --Tom ...

Software to show statistics from my SeaMonkey v2.0.x's sent e-mails?
Hello! Are there any programs that will give me all types of statistics from my SeaMonkey v2.0.x's sent e-mails and newsgroup/usenet posts? Like how many times I sent to a specific e-mail address/person, subject/title, etc.? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Trivial hurts, tiny human accidents," said Firenze, as his hooves thudded over the mossy floor. "These are of no more significance than the scurryings of ants to the wide universe, and are unaffected by planetary movements." --Harry Potter book /\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Per...

Web resources about - How do I import SeaMonkey v2.0.14's addressbooks into SeaMonkey v2.9.1's addresbooks? - mozilla.support.seamonkey

Smart Merge Pro - Duplicate Contacts Cleanup for addressbook, Facebook & Linkedin on the App Store on ...
Get Smart Merge Pro - Duplicate Contacts Cleanup for addressbook, Facebook & Linkedin on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Skype on iOS has a big hole that can send your AddressBook to a hacker [video]
Security firm SuperEVR posts a video of their exploit which always makes it more real/scary. I found that Skype also improperly defines the URI ...

As It Tries to Revamp the Mobile Addressbook, Brewster Sees Staff Turnover
Brewster , a small startup that makes a year-old iPhone contacts app , lost a significant portion of its staff this year, as Business Insider ...

Addressbook Articles on Engadget - Page 2
Addressbook articles, stories, news and information.

Tons Of Companies Sued In Class Action Lawsuit Over Uploading Phone Addressbooks
There was some controversy a month or so ago, when it came out that app maker Path was secretly uploading your entire address book to its servers. ...

AddressBook Articles on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
AddressBook articles, stories, news and information.

GiPosition
Get GiPosition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Semantic Web - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the inventor of the World Wide Web and director of the World Wide Web Consortium (" W3C "), which oversees the development of proposed Semantic ...

Visual Basic, PHP, Rails. Is Node.js next?
I had a nerdy conversation on what might be the next mainstream framework for building web products, and in particular whether the node.js community ...

How to use A/B testing for better product design
There’s more than one way to use this tool A/B testing is a very useful tool that can be used to develop better product designs, rather than ...