Honey

Is there a way to install Honey in the SeaMonkey browser?  The Honey
site says it can be used with Firefox.
--
C. Bankston
0

On 5/23/20 9:18 AM, Cecil Bankston wrote:
> Is there a way to install Honey in the SeaMonkey browser?  The Honey
> site says it can be used with Firefox.

This? <https://www.joinhoney.com/features/honeygold>

What happens when you click the "Add Honey-Its Free" button?

Probably will work with a UA spoof

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48
5/23/2020 2:09:09 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 5/23/20 9:18 AM, Cecil Bankston wrote:
>> Is there a way to install Honey in the SeaMonkey browser?  The Honey site
>> says it can be used with Firefox.
>
> This? <https://www.joinhoney.com/features/honeygold>
>
> What happens when you click the "Add Honey-Its Free" button?
>
> Probably will work with a UA spoof

Doubt it will work. Probably a web extention interceptiong traffic. Nothing
free here. You pay with you privacy and data.

FRG
0
Frank
5/23/2020 2:24:22 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 5/23/20 9:18 AM, Cecil Bankston wrote:
>> Is there a way to install Honey in the SeaMonkey browser?  The Honey
>> site says it can be used with Firefox.
>
> This? <https://www.joinhoney.com/features/honeygold>
>
> What happens when you click the "Add Honey-Its Free" button?
>
> Probably will work with a UA spoof

The download page will not download the extension from SeaMonkey.  The
Add-ons converter utility can't convert the Firefox version.  I suppose
I'll need to do my shopping with another browser.

--
C. Bankston
0
Cecil Bankston wrote:
> Is there a way to install Honey in the SeaMonkey browser?  The Honey
> site says it can be used with Firefox.

What is it?
0
EE
5/23/2020 7:58:02 PM
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote on 23-05-20 16:24:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 5/23/20 9:18 AM, Cecil Bankston wrote:
>>> Is there a way to install Honey in the SeaMonkey browser?  The Honey
>>> site says it can be used with Firefox.
>>
>> This? <https://www.joinhoney.com/features/honeygold>
>>
>> What happens when you click the "Add Honey-Its Free" button?
>>
>> Probably will work with a UA spoof
>>

> Doubt it will work. Probably a web extention interceptiong traffic.
> Nothing free here. You pay with you privacy and data.
>
> FRG
I clicked on the link and I see a short text in big characters - then
disappearing to show a blank page.
this blank page source contains 2176 lines.
0
Ray_Net
5/23/2020 9:50:51 PM
On 5/23/20 3:58 PM, EE wrote:
> Cecil Bankston wrote:
>> Is there a way to install Honey in the SeaMonkey browser?  The Honey
>> site says it can be used with Firefox.
>
> What is it?

Do you have everyone filtered or just don't care to read the other

OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48
5/23/2020 10:23:09 PM
Ray_Net wrote:
> Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote on 23-05-20 16:24:
>> WaltS48 wrote:
>>>
>>> This? <https://www.joinhoney.com/features/honeygold>
>>>
>>> What happens when you click the "Add Honey-Its Free" button?
>>>
>>> Probably will work with a UA spoof
>>>

>> Doubt it will work. Probably a web extention interceptiong traffic.
>> Nothing free here. You pay with you privacy and data.
>>
>> FRG
> I clicked on the link and I see a short text in big characters - then
> disappearing to show a blank page.
> this blank page source contains 2176 lines.

I did the same and the temporary text was indicating that Honey helps
people find money-saving supermarket coupons, or something similar.  The
text was only there for around a second.
US supermarket coupons are not valid in Vogon territories so I don't
need to look further.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote on 24-05-20 10:53:
> Ray_Net wrote:
>> Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote on 23-05-20 16:24:

>>> Doubt it will work. Probably a web extention interceptiong traffic.
>>> Nothing free here. You pay with you privacy and data.
>>>
>>> FRG
>> I clicked on the link and I see a short text in big characters - then
>> disappearing to show a blank page.
>> this blank page source contains 2176 lines.
>
> I did the same and the temporary text was indicating that Honey helps
> people find money-saving supermarket coupons, or something similar.
> The text was only there for around a second.
> US supermarket coupons are not valid in Vogon territories so I don't
> need to look further.

I tried again after removing cookies and the temporary text did not
appear anymore ....
0
Ray_Net