Home Page From Scratch

O.K., seems I was wrong in thinking my wife has saved her bookmarks--she
didn't. So, new request. She has clicked on "Export BM To HTML".

Then she went to "Browser", clicked On Start Up, found the page with
"Choose File" with the HTML page already listed in the box, and clicked
on "Okay".

Then she clicked on "Home" and got a long page (titled Bookmarks Menu)
full of stuff for Seamonkey (our browser) including the listing for the
Bookmark. Clicking on Manage Bookmarks, she was unable to eliminate all
the stuff other than the entry she wanted (the "real" bookmark). This
was unlike previous experience, in which one could eliminate extraneous
listings.

Maybe she should click on "Home" somewhere else, other than at the top
of a Seamonkey page? Where else can she find Home?

Larry
0
Larry
3/20/2020 8:25:25 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13415 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 3/20/20 4:25 PM, Larry S. wrote:
> O.K., seems I was wrong in thinking my wife has saved her bookmarks--she
> didn't. So, new request. She has clicked on "Export BM To HTML".

Isn't that one way to save the bookmarks other than saving the whole
profile?

The other way is to select "Bookmarks" in the Menu bar, click "Manage
Bookmarks", when the Library dialog opens select Tools > Backup and save
them somewhere.

> Then she went to "Browser", clicked On Start Up, found the page with
> "Choose File" with the HTML page already listed in the box, and clicked
> on "Okay".

Opened Preferences > Browser where there is the "Display on Browser
Startup" setting with "Blank page", "Home page" and other selections
then added the exported HTML file.

> Then she clicked on "Home" and got a long page (titled Bookmarks Menu)
> full of stuff for Seamonkey (our browser) including the listing for the
> Bookmark. Clicking on Manage Bookmarks, she was unable to eliminate all
> the stuff other than the entry she wanted (the "real" bookmark). This
> was unlike previous experience, in which one could eliminate extraneous
> listings.
>
> Maybe she should click on "Home" somewhere else, other than at the top
> of a Seamonkey page? Where else can she find Home?

Does the "Clicking the Home button takes you to this group of pages:"
box still contain the <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/start/> link?

If not click "Restore Default" to restore it and you should be back to
the normal SeaMonkey home page.

Is there some reason she can't copy the old profile and use the data in
the new profile?

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48