Generate list of passwords for selected websites

I would like to generate a list of passwords for selected sites.

I looked at password manager. It lists all sites but you have to tell it to show passwords individually for each site.

Any way to select certain sites and get it to show the passwords?

0
Andy
7/11/2018 9:13:45 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12997 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 7/11/2018 4:13 AM, Andy K wrote:
> I would like to generate a list of passwords for selected sites.
>
> I looked at password manager. It lists all sites but you have to tell it to show passwords individually for each site.
>
> Any way to select certain sites and get it to show the passwords?

Why would you need to know that?
0
TCW
7/11/2018 12:58:14 PM
TCW wrote:
> On 7/11/2018 4:13 AM, Andy K wrote:
>> I would like to generate a list of passwords for selected sites.
>>
>> I looked at password manager. It lists all sites but you have to tell
>> it to show passwords individually for each site.
>>
>> Any way to select certain sites and get it to show the passwords?
>>

> Why would you need to know that?

Maybe make a paper backup is one reason that comes to mind.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
0
Jonathan
7/11/2018 3:07:08 PM
On 7/11/2018 10:07 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> TCW wrote:
>> On 7/11/2018 4:13 AM, Andy K wrote:
>>> I would like to generate a list of passwords for selected sites.
>>>
>>> I looked at password manager. It lists all sites but you have to tell
>>> it to show passwords individually for each site.
>>>
>>> Any way to select certain sites and get it to show the passwords?
>>>

>> Why would you need to know that?
>
> Maybe make a paper backup is one reason that comes to mind.

As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....
0
TCW
7/11/2018 3:19:21 PM
TCW wrote:
> On 7/11/2018 10:07 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> TCW wrote:

>>> Why would you need to know that?
>>
>> Maybe make a paper backup is one reason that comes to mind.
>>

> As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
> you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....

As an IT person I always advocate keeping a *physical* logbook of
username/passwords. Drives fail, clouds fail, memories fail. A paper
logbook safely stored can endure.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
0
Jonathan
7/11/2018 5:04:04 PM
TCW wrote:
> On 7/11/2018 10:07 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> TCW wrote:

>>> Why would you need to know that?
>>
>> Maybe make a paper backup is one reason that comes to mind.
>>

> As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
> you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....

Well, I don't know most of the nuisance passwords for sites I regularly
use. I also don't know most of my friends' phone numbers -- I save them
in my phone (which is regularly backed up by my provider), and just pick
the name out of the directory. Really. I have better things to devote my
brain to.

Returning to the topic, the only passwords I don't save in SM are for
banks and other financial institutions, and for my website, which is
mission-critical for my business. And even those I don't have memorized.
I just have hints saved elsewhere that enable me to reconstruct them as
needed.

Paul B. Gallagher
0
Paul
7/11/2018 6:08:29 PM
On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 10:22:51 AM UTC-5, TCW wrote:
> On 7/11/2018 10:07 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> > TCW wrote:

> >> Why would you need to know that?
> >
> > Maybe make a paper backup is one reason that comes to mind.
> >

> As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
> you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....

No red flag. I just want a text file of them so I can encrypt it.

Nothing nefarious. :-)

Andy
0
Andy
7/12/2018 10:50:47 PM
On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 5:50:49 PM UTC-5, Andy K wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 10:22:51 AM UTC-5, TCW wrote:

> > > Maybe make a paper backup is one reason that comes to mind.
> > >

> > As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
> > you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....
>
> No red flag. I just want a text file of them so I can encrypt it.
>
> Nothing nefarious. :-)
>
> Andy

Type in the address bar:
chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul

Found out I can not just copy both username and password to a text file?

Saving/editing the file does not work either. That may be by design. :-)

The reason I want to do so is to encrypt the file.

That way I can transport it anywhere safely.

There has to be some way.

I think there are some sharp cookies here.

Andy
0
Andy
7/12/2018 11:11:00 PM
On 7/12/18 7:11 PM, Andy K wrote:
> On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 5:50:49 PM UTC-5, Andy K wrote:

>>> As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
>>> you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....
>>
>> No red flag. I just want a text file of them so I can encrypt it.
>>
>> Nothing nefarious. :-)
>>
>> Andy
>
> Type in the address bar:
> chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul
>
> Found out I can not just copy both username and password to a text file?
>
> Saving/editing the file does not work either. That may be by design. :-)
>
> The reason I want to do so is to encrypt the file.
>
> That way I can transport it anywhere safely.
>
> There has to be some way.
>
> I think there are some sharp cookies here.
>
> Andy

I think I started typing my UN and PW into a text file many moons ago,
then encrypted it.

Then changed PW and never finished the task.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
7/12/2018 11:15:28 PM
On 7/12/18 7:11 PM, Andy K wrote:
> On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 5:50:49 PM UTC-5, Andy K wrote:

>>> As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
>>> you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....
>>
>> No red flag. I just want a text file of them so I can encrypt it.
>>
>> Nothing nefarious. :-)
>>
>> Andy
>
> Type in the address bar:
> chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul
>
> Found out I can not just copy both username and password to a text file?
>
> Saving/editing the file does not work either. That may be by design. :-)
>
> The reason I want to do so is to encrypt the file.
>
> That way I can transport it anywhere safely.
>
> There has to be some way.
>
> I think there are some sharp cookies here.
>
> Andy

Yep, the file is encrypted. Anyone know what the PW is so I can open it?
I forgot. ;)

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
7/12/2018 11:21:11 PM
On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 6:11:01 PM UTC-5, Andy K wrote:
> On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 5:50:49 PM UTC-5, Andy K wrote:

> > > As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
> > > you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....
> >
> > No red flag. I just want a text file of them so I can encrypt it.
> >
> > Nothing nefarious. :-)
> >
> > Andy
>
> Type in the address bar:
> chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul
>
> Found out I can not just copy both username and password to a text file?
>
> Saving/editing the file does not work either. That may be by design. :-)
>
> The reason I want to do so is to encrypt the file.
>
> That way I can transport it anywhere safely.
>
> There has to be some way.
>
> I think there are some sharp cookies here.
>
> Andy

Guess I will post to the firefox group.

No help here.

Andy
0
Andy

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel