Frozen SeaMonkey v2.0.3 in Linux with Photobucket.com's videos?

Hello.

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/Reackerant/?action=view&current=CLIP0359.flv

It freezes my SeaMonkey v2.0.3 in my old Debian/Linux box, but not in
the one on my old updated Windows XP Pro. SP3. Both have most of the
same extensions and same Flash plugins version.

What about the rest of you? Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Still we live meanly, like ants;... like pygmies we fight with
cranes;... Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify...

Ant a �crit :
> Hello.

> http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/Reackerant/?action=view&current=CLIP0359.flv

> It freezes my SeaMonkey v2.0.3 in my old Debian/Linux box, but not in
> the one on my old updated Windows XP Pro. SP3. Both have most of the
> same extensions and same Flash plugins version.

> What about the rest of you? Thank you in advance. :)
Same here with puppylinux.

--
[URL=http://users.kbc.skynet.be/fi001005] *Belgische Ardennen - Ardennes Belge
[/URL]
Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/Reackerant/?action=view&current=CLIP0359.flv
>

> It freezes my SeaMonkey v2.0.3 in my old Debian/Linux box, but not in
> the one on my old updated Windows XP Pro. SP3. Both have most of the
> same extensions and same Flash plugins version.
>
> What about the rest of you? Thank you in advance. :)

Mandriva Linux 2009.1 Failed as well.

I just had to restart SM 2.0.3 as the browser froze, and when I
eventually got a "Browser not responding" window, and that close SM totally.

Daniel
0
Daniel
3/30/2010 11:04:56 AM
>> http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/Reackerant/?action=view&current=CLIP0359.flv
>>
>> It freezes my SeaMonkey v2.0.3 in my old Debian/Linux box, but not in
>> the one on my old updated Windows XP Pro. SP3. Both have most of the
>> same extensions and same Flash plugins version.
>>
>> What about the rest of you? Thank you in advance. :)
>
> Mandriva Linux 2009.1 Failed as well.
>
> I just had to restart SM 2.0.3 as the browser froze, and when I
> eventually got a "Browser not responding" window, and that close SM
> totally.

Interesting. I wonder why only in Linux.
--
o/~ All the little ants are marching, red and black antennae waving...
they all do it the same... they all do it the same... way... o/~ --Ants
    /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
  | |o   o| |
Ant
3/30/2010 1:40:39 PM
Bernard Mercier wrote:
> Ant a =C3=A9crit :
>> Hello.
>
>> http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/Reackerant/?action=3Dview&curr=
ent=3DCLIP0359.flv

>> It freezes my SeaMonkey v2.0.3 in my old Debian/Linux box, but not in
>> the one on my old updated Windows XP Pro. SP3. Both have most of the
>> same extensions and same Flash plugins version.
>
>> What about the rest of you? Thank you in advance. :)
> Same here with puppylinux.

No problem on Mac Powerbook 17" G4-1.67 Gb PowerPC 2 GB Memory using=20
OSX.4.11 , with Freezing the entire machine. it did stop the video three =

times to load the buffer but I could move the mouse around  move a way=20
from the page

--=20
mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com

0
Phillip
3/30/2010 1:48:12 PM
On 3/30/2010 6:48 AM PT, Phillip Jones typed:

>>> http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/Reackerant/?action=view&current=CLIP0359.flv
>>>
>>> It freezes my SeaMonkey v2.0.3 in my old Debian/Linux box, but not in
>>> the one on my old updated Windows XP Pro. SP3. Both have most of the
>>> same extensions and same Flash plugins version.
>>
>>> What about the rest of you? Thank you in advance. :)
>> Same here with puppylinux.
>>
> No problem on Mac Powerbook 17" G4-1.67 Gb PowerPC 2 GB Memory using
> OSX.4.11 , with Freezing the entire machine. it did stop the video three
> times to load the buffer but I could move the mouse around move a way
> from the page

I didn't mean the whole computer. I meant just SeaMonkey. Others and I
had to kill mine. I e-mailed to support@photobucket.com about this
Linux's SeaMonkey freeze issue. I hope they reply and fix this soon.
--
"He who runs from the white ant may stumble upon the stinging ant."
--Nigeria
    /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
  | |o   o| |
Ant
3/30/2010 1:58:55 PM
Ant wrote:
> On 3/30/2010 6:48 AM PT, Phillip Jones typed:

>>> Same here with puppylinux.
>>>
>> No problem on Mac Powerbook 17" G4-1.67 Gb PowerPC 2 GB Memory using
>> OSX.4.11 , with Freezing the entire machine. it did stop the video three
>> times to load the buffer but I could move the mouse around move a way
>> from the page
>
> I didn't mean the whole computer. I meant just SeaMonkey. Others and I
> had to kill mine. I e-mailed to support@photobucket.com about this
> Linux's SeaMonkey freeze issue. I hope they reply and fix this soon.
That's what I referring to. If I I haven't had a Freeze in SM I can move
mouse and force quit Program but SM SM is Frozen In the Force quit menu
it woul have message beside it SeaMonkey 2.0 not responding. I haven't
had a System freeze in so long I would know how to at or what to do to
get out. The last time was on OSX.2.3 a very long time ago. :)

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
3/30/2010 2:09:56 PM
On 3/30/2010 7:09 AM PT, Phillip Jones typed:

> Ant wrote:
>> On 3/30/2010 6:48 AM PT, Phillip Jones typed:

>>> No problem on Mac Powerbook 17" G4-1.67 Gb PowerPC 2 GB Memory using
>>> OSX.4.11 , with Freezing the entire machine. it did stop the video three
>>> times to load the buffer but I could move the mouse around move a way
>>> from the page
>>
>> I didn't mean the whole computer. I meant just SeaMonkey. Others and I
>> had to kill mine. I e-mailed to support@photobucket.com about this
>> Linux's SeaMonkey freeze issue. I hope they reply and fix this soon.
> That's what I referring to. If I I haven't had a Freeze in SM I can move
> mouse and force quit Program but SM SM is Frozen In the Force quit menu
> it woul have message beside it SeaMonkey 2.0 not responding. I haven't
> had a System freeze in so long I would know how to at or what to do to
> get out. The last time was on OSX.2.3 a very long time ago. :)

Nice. I only recall my one freeze in Mac OS X (v10.2 and v10.5). It was
a random spinning hourglass and never figured out what caused it. It
only happened once.
--
"Yo mama's glasses are so thick, she can burn ants with them." --unknown
    /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
  | |o   o| |
Ant
3/30/2010 2:27:40 PM

>>> Same here with puppylinux.
 >
> I e-mailed to support@photobucket.com about this
> Linux's SeaMonkey freeze issue. I hope they reply and fix this soon.

Boo! I got a negative e-mail reply: "... We do not support SeaMonkey or
Linux. We are sorry for the frustration but you need to use a supported
OS and browser if you want full functionality.

Sincerely,
Your Photobucket Support Team" :(

Maybe it is a SeaMonkey bug? I will go submit it just in case since
others and I were able to reproduce this in Linux.
--
Phillip Pi (aka Ant)
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
> On 3/30/2010 6:48 AM PT, Phillip Jones typed:

>>> Same here with puppylinux.
>>>
>> No problem on Mac Powerbook 17" G4-1.67 Gb PowerPC 2 GB Memory using
>> OSX.4.11 , with Freezing the entire machine. it did stop the video three
>> times to load the buffer but I could move the mouse around move a way
>> from the page

> I didn't mean the whole computer. I meant just SeaMonkey. Others and I
> had to kill mine. I e-mailed to support@photobucket.com about this
> Linux's SeaMonkey freeze issue. I hope they reply and fix this soon.
Indeed. Had to kill only the SeaMonkey process.

--
[URL=http://users.kbc.skynet.be/fi001005] *Belgische Ardennen - Ardennes Belge
[/URL]
0
Bernard
3/30/2010 9:26:40 PM
Phillip Pi wrote:

>   >
>> I e-mailed to support@photobucket.com about this
>> Linux's SeaMonkey freeze issue. I hope they reply and fix this soon.
>
> Boo! I got a negative e-mail reply: "... We do not support SeaMonkey or
> Linux. We are sorry for the frustration but you need to use a supported
> OS and browser if you want full functionality.
>
> Sincerely,
> Your Photobucket Support Team" :(
>

> Maybe it is a SeaMonkey bug? I will go submit it just in case since
> others and I were able to reproduce this in Linux.
  a Bunch of BS. I went in using SM2 on Mac OX.4.11. And it worked fine
it stopped three time to load buffer cache for quicktime. but other than
that worked just fine.

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
3/31/2010 1:53:54 AM
On 3/30/2010 6:53 PM PT, Phillip Jones typed:

> a Bunch of BS. I went in using SM2 on Mac OX.4.11. And it worked fine it
> stopped three time to load buffer cache for quicktime. but other than
> that worked just fine.

You weren't using Linux. You were using Mac OS X. Of course, it worked
for you.
--
"When you need a helpline for breakfast cereals, it's time to start
thinking about tearing down civilization and giving the ants a go."
    /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
  | |o   o| |
Ant
3/31/2010 7:12:56 AM
Ant wrote:
> On 3/30/2010 6:53 PM PT, Phillip Jones typed:
>
>> a Bunch of BS. I went in using SM2 on Mac OX.4.11. And it worked fine it
>> stopped three time to load buffer cache for quicktime. but other than
>> that worked just fine.
>
> You weren't using Linux. You were using Mac OS X. Of course, it worked
> for you.
Yes but the only difference is That the Mac OS just use the Apple's GUI
interface on FreeBSD UNIX. and by rights its shouldn't work as it been
reported it doesn't work on UNIX/Linux)

actually,  it's a three part system: it has the Mach kernel taken from
NextStep at the very core, Then FreeBSD UNIX sits in the Middle then the
Mac GUI (Finder) sits on top.

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
3/31/2010 3:11:27 PM
On 3/31/2010 8:11 AM PT, Phillip Jones typed:

>>> a Bunch of BS. I went in using SM2 on Mac OX.4.11. And it worked fine it
>>> stopped three time to load buffer cache for quicktime. but other than
>>> that worked just fine.
>>
>> You weren't using Linux. You were using Mac OS X. Of course, it worked
>> for you.
> Yes but the only difference is That the Mac OS just use the Apple's GUI
> interface on FreeBSD UNIX. and by rights its shouldn't work as it been
> reported it doesn't work on UNIX/Linux)
>
> actually, it's a three part system: it has the Mach kernel taken from
> NextStep at the very core, Then FreeBSD UNIX sits in the Middle then the
> Mac GUI (Finder) sits on top.

I don't know if it freezes in UNIX. So far, only Linux.  Maybe it's
X-related in Linux? [shrugs]
--
"Since the world began, we have never exterminated. We probably shall
never exterminate as much as one single insect species. If there was