folder sort not retained

Using SM 2.49.4 on Windows 10:

My Inbox folder sort reverts to sort by Subject every time I open 
display of the folder, even if I had chosen previously a sort by date or 
sort by order received.

This does not happen with other folders.  If I change their sort-by 
column, go away and come back, the chosen sort remains.
0
Bob
8/6/2018 5:34:30 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12948 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
27 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31

Bob Fleischer wrote on 7/08/2018 3:34 AM:
> Using SM 2.49.4 on Windows 10:
> 
> My Inbox folder sort reverts to sort by Subject every time I open 
> display of the folder, even if I had chosen previously a sort by date or 
> sort by order received.
> 
> This does not happen with other folders.  If I change their sort-by 
> column, go away and come back, the chosen sort remains.

Bob, how have you actually got things set up?? (View->Sort by) It sounds 
to me like you have it set to View->Sort by->Subject when you actually 
want it set to View->Sort by->Date.

Selecting a particular column to sort by only applies for the current 
instance, as far as I know, because you have told it, in Preferences or 
wherever, to start up another way.

-- 
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
8/7/2018 8:40:06 AM
Daniel wrote:
> Bob Fleischer wrote on 7/08/2018 3:34 AM:
>> Using SM 2.49.4 on Windows 10:
>>
>> My Inbox folder sort reverts to sort by Subject every time I open 
>> display of the folder, even if I had chosen previously a sort by date 
>> or sort by order received.
>>
>> This does not happen with other folders.  If I change their sort-by 
>> column, go away and come back, the chosen sort remains.
> 
> Bob, how have you actually got things set up?? (View->Sort by) It sounds 
> to me like you have it set to View->Sort by->Subject when you actually 
> want it set to View->Sort by->Date.
> 
> Selecting a particular column to sort by only applies for the current 
> instance, as far as I know, because you have told it, in Preferences or 
> wherever, to start up another way.

If you experiment with this, you'll find that clicking a column heading 
correspondingly changes the View | Sort by... setting.

In my experience with SM, setting a sort order for any one mail/news 
folder imposes the same sort order on all mail/news folders, and the 
setting sticks until I change it. If SM 2.49.4 has changed that, I'd 
like to know.

-- 
War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
--
Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
8/7/2018 3:05:41 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 8/08/2018 1:05 AM:
> Daniel wrote:
>> Bob Fleischer wrote on 7/08/2018 3:34 AM:
>>> Using SM 2.49.4 on Windows 10:
>>>
>>> My Inbox folder sort reverts to sort by Subject every time I open 
>>> display of the folder, even if I had chosen previously a sort by date 
>>> or sort by order received.
>>>
>>> This does not happen with other folders.  If I change their sort-by 
>>> column, go away and come back, the chosen sort remains.
>>
>> Bob, how have you actually got things set up?? (View->Sort by) It 
>> sounds to me like you have it set to View->Sort by->Subject when you 
>> actually want it set to View->Sort by->Date.
>>
>> Selecting a particular column to sort by only applies for the current 
>> instance, as far as I know, because you have told it, in Preferences 
>> or wherever, to start up another way.
> 
> If you experiment with this, you'll find that clicking a column heading 
> correspondingly changes the View | Sort by... setting.
> 
> In my experience with SM, setting a sort order for any one mail/news 
> folder imposes the same sort order on all mail/news folders, and the 
> setting sticks until I change it. If SM 2.49.4 has changed that, I'd 
> like to know.
> 
Paul, I'll bow to your greater knowledge! I was just calling it as I 
remembered it! ;-)

-- 
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
8/8/2018 6:02:39 AM
Reply: