Focus Problem #2

Windows 7
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
	SeaMonkey/2.49.2
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
	Thunderbird/52.7.0

I use SeaMonkey only as a Web browser.  For E-mail, RSS feeds, and
newsgroups, I use Thunderbird.  De gustibus non est disputandum.

For SeaMonkey, I set the preferences for opening links:
	in a new tab if from SeaMonkey
	in a new window if from another application (which includes
	Thunderbird)

I noticed a strange issue with focus when windows on both are open. If
Thunderbird has focus with a message window open and I select a Web link
in that message, I get a new SeaMonkey window on top of Thunderbird. If
I select anything other than a link in the displayed Web page in that
new window, however, the old SeaMonkey window jumps on top and has focus.

Is this intentional?  Or is it a bug?  If it is a bug, is it in Windows,
SeaMonkey, or Thunderbird?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

First you say you do, and then you don't.
And then you say you will, but then won't.
You're undecided now, so what're you goin' to do?
                        From a 1950s song
That should be Donald Trump's theme song.  He obviously
does not understand "commitment", whether it is about
policy or marriage.
0
David
4/13/2018 12:20:48 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12780 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 4/12/2018 5:20 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> Windows 7
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
> 	SeaMonkey/2.49.2
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
> 	Thunderbird/52.7.0
>
> I use SeaMonkey only as a Web browser.  For E-mail, RSS feeds, and
> newsgroups, I use Thunderbird.  De gustibus non est disputandum.
>
> For SeaMonkey, I set the preferences for opening links:
> 	in a new tab if from SeaMonkey
> 	in a new window if from another application (which includes
> 	Thunderbird)
>
> I noticed a strange issue with focus when windows on both are open. If
> Thunderbird has focus with a message window open and I select a Web link
> in that message, I get a new SeaMonkey window on top of Thunderbird. If
> I select anything other than a link in the displayed Web page in that
> new window, however, the old SeaMonkey window jumps on top and has focus.
>
> Is this intentional?  Or is it a bug?  If it is a bug, is it in Windows,
> SeaMonkey, or Thunderbird?

With further testing, I get the same problem with links in other
applications, not just in Thunderbird.  Thus, I conclude this might be
either SeaMonkey or Windnows but not Thunderbird.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

First you say you do, and then you don't.
And then you say you will, but then won't.
You're undecided now, so what're you goin' to do?
                        From a 1950s song
That should be Donald Trump's theme song.  He obviously
does not understand "commitment", whether it is about
policy or marriage.
0
David
4/13/2018 2:16:05 AM
David E. Ross wrote on 13-04-18 04:16:
> On 4/12/2018 5:20 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> Windows 7
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
>> 	SeaMonkey/2.49.2
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
>> 	Thunderbird/52.7.0
>>
>> I use SeaMonkey only as a Web browser.  For E-mail, RSS feeds, and
>> newsgroups, I use Thunderbird.  De gustibus non est disputandum.
>>
>> For SeaMonkey, I set the preferences for opening links:
>> 	in a new tab if from SeaMonkey
>> 	in a new window if from another application (which includes
>> 	Thunderbird)
>>
>> I noticed a strange issue with focus when windows on both are open. If
>> Thunderbird has focus with a message window open and I select a Web link
>> in that message, I get a new SeaMonkey window on top of Thunderbird. If
>> I select anything other than a link in the displayed Web page in that
>> new window, however, the old SeaMonkey window jumps on top and has focus.
>>
>> Is this intentional?  Or is it a bug?  If it is a bug, is it in Windows,
>> SeaMonkey, or Thunderbird?
> With further testing, I get the same problem with links in other
> applications, not just in Thunderbird.  Thus, I conclude this might be
> either SeaMonkey or Windnows but not Thunderbird.

I experiences focus problem with windows10 - sometimes le current focus
is changed to another application.
Per exemple, I type characters into a mail ... and suddently the focus
quit SM to go elsewhere ..GRRRRR.....
So I continue to type in a phantom-reality :-)
0
Ray_Net